Ernst is offline Borderline Personality

Blood Pressure Cuff

Can someone please recommend a good model or brand of cuff to get for home?

Obviously one for a larger arm than those crap machines at the store... I swear that this was asked before but my search didn't turn up an answer, only that there's an "obese" cuff for larger arms?

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I just use a big cuff I got off the shelf at WalGreen's.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I use an Omron autoinflate with the large cuff that I got at Wallyworld. It has a chart on the side that lists the cuff size needed for a given circumference arm. Just for sh!ts and grins I took it to my last Dr. app't. to compare it to the manual sphygmomanometer they use and it was fairly close.

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

scibble is offline "A Dukkit In The Making"
    I would just get a model that is meant for use on the wrist. Those are reasonably accurate. Anyway, the exact numbers on your BP aren't so important. BP flucutates too much from moment to moment. It just needs to be fairly close to accurate.

Get a wrist machine, take a measurement from each arm and average them.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Try LifeSource....xlarge... it is excellent. I had a heck of a time getting an accurate one. this one measures 16.5-23.5 arms and is way better than the other two I have used. It is a bit pricey..like 140ish.

No dis scibble, but the wrist ones are waayy inaccurate. One time one was reading me at like 205/89, I went into panic mode only to find out I was at 132/76.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blood Pressure Cuff-imageresize%5B2%5D.jpg  

Thread Information