Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    midnight777 is offline Associate Member
    all I know my right arm hurts pretty bad, the wounds are not infected, that is a good thing...Once again going to miss more gym time....

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    You guys are cry babies...I was doing a dissection with a corroded instrument and cut myself pretty bad, so I gave myself a tetanus shot with an 18 gauge in the delt...It felt like butter, I just wish it was Test...
    Here I've been bitten by a person by far the most vile thing that can ever happen to a person as the human bite is the worst to get. If he had any infections he would have been killed and I mean killed no questions asked not by me. But my Dad would have killed him no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by HORSE View Post
    LOL, What's PMSL mean??

I must be getting old I can't keep up with today's slang....

What DSM said is correct annoyingly

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Been bit 3 times. Every time it was by a mastiff we had rescued. Once they were re-hab'ed they never gave me any problems. In fact I feel comfortable saying that the rescues were quite possibly some of the most loyal mastiffs I've had.
    ..and please no one blame the biting incident on the pitbull breed. Pits really get a bad rap.

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    ive been bit 3 times...when i was a kid there was this mean old german sheppard that used to go ****in crazy on me every day..untill one day the old lady who owned it noticed it was barking at me and came out. shes like "seriously, its ok..you just have to earn its trust..put your hand out to him, slowly, and give him a little pat on the head..you 2 will be friends from today on, i promise!" i was like "um...uh...ok?" so i walk up to this ****in thing, teeth exposed growling like im trying to kidnap its children and slowly, cautiously put my hand towards this crazy beast..and sure enough the thing bites right through my ****in hand!! stupid old broad. i ran home crying and my dad called animal control and it turns out i wasnt the first kid this dog bit. im pretty sure it was put down or taken from the owner cause she left a letter on the mailbox a week later..."jeffry is gone...so there wont be any more game playing anymore." or something along those lines. never saw the dog again.
    in the last 6 months i got bit by the same dog twice on the leg that gets tied up behind the tattoo shop i work out of. its a mid-to small size dog but this thing is vicious. this asshole would tie up his dog outside on leash that would reach like 50 feet, so there was literally no getting past it unless you ran for your ****in life. anyway after the first time it bit me, i went up to his place and told him not to tie it down there anymore. he said htat was very out of character for his dog and he apologized and promised to never tie it down there again. he didnt..but a couple months later he pulls up and the dog jumps out the window of his car and latches onto the back of my leg untill i girated it free and kicked the thing in the ribs. i called anima control and they had him in quarintine for 15 days asking me if i wanted to have him charged but i siad no. he ended up getting like a 200 dollar fine. now the dog doesnt set foot out back, but i keep a hockey stick behind the shop...and i told the guy straight up, if htat dog so much as approaches me again i will ****in kill it. and i seriously would. poorly trained? owners fault? maybe. but im not getting bit by the same ****in dog three times! that bitch is gettin the blunt end of a 6 foot piece of wood in the temple.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a dog with a behavior problem too...he snaps at everyone else but me. He pees himself if I catch him doing stuff. You have to have everyone around the dog let him know that he is BOTTOM of the latter.

tadpoleboyy is offline Member
    one time i found some baby bunnies whose mom had been splattered all over the yard by a hawk. I put them in a cage, and one clamped down on my hand so hard and would not let go. After slamming it into the side of the cage a few times it released, but drew blood nicely. I was just trying to help them!

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
    I have a dog with a behavior problem too...he snaps at everyone else but me. He pees himself if I catch him doing stuff. You have to have everyone around the dog let him know that he is BOTTOM of the latter.
    Sounds like your dog is a bit anxious.
    Give him enough positive re-assurance, and not only will he stop biting, but he'll stop peeing, too.

The same principle works with people as well. A continuous flow of positive feedback gives them cause to expect more of the same, and they relax, become more pleasant to be around.

To get good at doing this will take some practice. Not many folks can do it well, which is why most people are snippy and expect other folks to put them down. Nevertheless, try it with your dog for a year or two and see what happens.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock View Post
    Sounds like your dog is a bit anxious.
    Give him enough positive re-assurance, and not only will he stop biting, but he'll stop peeing, too.

The same principle works with people as well. A continuous flow of positive feedback gives them cause to expect more of the same, and they relax, become more pleasant to be around.

To get good at doing this will take some practice. Not many folks can do it well, which is why most people are snippy and expect other folks to put them down. Nevertheless, try it with your dog for a year or two and see what happens.
    Yep. Submissive/insecure-aggressive types require more work than a dominant aggressive traited animal.

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thetank View Post
    ive been bit 3 times...when i was a kid there was this mean old german sheppard that used to go ****in crazy on me every day..untill one day the old lady who owned it noticed it was barking at me and came out. shes like "seriously, its ok..you just have to earn its trust..put your hand out to him, slowly, and give him a little pat on the head..you 2 will be friends from today on, i promise!" i was like "um...uh...ok?" so i walk up to this ****in thing, teeth exposed growling like im trying to kidnap its children and slowly, cautiously put my hand towards this crazy beast..and sure enough the thing bites right through my ****in hand!! stupid old broad. i ran home crying and my dad called animal control and it turns out i wasnt the first kid this dog bit. im pretty sure it was put down or taken from the owner cause she left a letter on the mailbox a week later..."jeffry is gone...so there wont be any more game playing anymore." or something along those lines. never saw the dog again.
    in the last 6 months i got bit by the same dog twice on the leg that gets tied up behind the tattoo shop i work out of. its a mid-to small size dog but this thing is vicious. this asshole would tie up his dog outside on leash that would reach like 50 feet, so there was literally no getting past it unless you ran for your ****in life. anyway after the first time it bit me, i went up to his place and told him not to tie it down there anymore. he said htat was very out of character for his dog and he apologized and promised to never tie it down there again. he didnt..but a couple months later he pulls up and the dog jumps out the window of his car and latches onto the back of my leg untill i girated it free and kicked the thing in the ribs. i called anima control and they had him in quarintine for 15 days asking me if i wanted to have him charged but i siad no. he ended up getting like a 200 dollar fine. now the dog doesnt set foot out back, but i keep a hockey stick behind the shop...and i told the guy straight up, if htat dog so much as approaches me again i will ****in kill it. and i seriously would. poorly trained? owners fault? maybe. but im not getting bit by the same ****in dog three times! that bitch is gettin the blunt end of a 6 foot piece of wood in the temple.
    wtf the dog got you a second time by jumping out the window of a car?!?!?!?! both those stories were bizarre and you might have a negative chi (aura). just fight back, you look like you could take a dog no problem. I wouldnt hesitate to do so, then again, maybe thats why dogs arent jumping out of cars to bite me (even though everyone wants a piece of the jiggaman).

BuffBuffalo is offline Senior Member
    My Boston terrier bit me on the nose when I was four. I was taking a piece of shaved turkey away from her and she wasn't having it, looking back I totally respect that. She was just trying to get her protein in for the day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information