Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    midnight777 is offline Associate Member

anybdoy ever been bitten by a dog

I got bit by my mom's pitbull.. He was trying to go in this room where he is not allowed I grabbed the back of him to pull him out and the bastard bite me. He is not a violent dog at all. For some reason he turned around and bit my right arm, he gave me some puncture wounds in my forearm, it has been killing me for the last few days. anybody know how long the pain lasts for. The swelling has gotten better.. Damn dog got me in my bad arm too...
    This year has started out horrible for me.. 1st, I have been battling tennis elbow finally took some time off to rest it. 2nd I have gotten this terrible cold then now I get bit by this dog... ughhhhhh

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight777 View Post
    I got bit by my mom's pitbull.. He was trying to go in this room where he is not allowed I grabbed the back of him to pull him out and the bastard bite me. He is not a violent dog at all. For some reason he turned around and bit my right arm, he gave me some puncture wounds in my forearm, it has been killing me for the last few days. anybody know how long the pain lasts for. The swelling has gotten better.. Damn dog got me in my bad arm too...
    This year has started out horrible for me.. 1st, I have been battling tennis elbow finally took some time off to rest it. 2nd I have gotten this terrible cold then now I get bit by this dog... ughhhhhh
    I hate pitbulls. Hope you get better.......

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    i got bit once.....it HURTS. I actually did not get wounded. My that dog definitely hit a nerve because my whole arm tingled during the bite. luckily i left the incident unscathed.

I am a dog person too. but, it was a big dog that just did an out of character thing.

midnight777 is offline Associate Member
    the funny thing is he is not aggresive at all.. My mom did say lately he has been having hip problems. maybe that is why he bit me.. All I know is I have really caught the injury bug... the last year.. I feel like if I sneeze too hard I will pull something.. i just know my gains are fading away.. I have dropped like 10lbs since I got sick...

Gears is offline Member
    I got bit by a pitt when I was 14. I like an idiot bent over to pet the stray dog, and it jumped up and bit my open mouth.... I chipped a tooth and learned a good lesson.

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    I got bit in the dick by our rottweiler when he was a puppy......bled like s stuck pig......

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    yeah gears.. i think all dogs are nice as long as you let them trust you first. and surprising a pittbull by grabbing it quickly is NOT a good idea. when i was little we had a rotweiller and it was the best dog ever, but if people it didn't know came over, it could be a fiend.

playing around with my boxer puppies i get bit and scratched a lot but they are just playing. a couple times they draw blood, but who hasn't bled before? so its not a big deal. but over the years, the cats we've had are the real problem. if they get made, those claws leave some niceee long cuts that i still have a few scars from.

but it shouldn't hurt long unless its infected (not likely since dogs mouths are fairly clean)

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    I hope things get better for you. How old are u now?

gator_mclusky is offline Junior Member
    Only dog that ever bit me was a damn Dachshund!!!!!!!! Lil bastard didnt even bark! He straight up ran up and bit me!

gator

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Did you get a tetnus shot? That seems to be standard treatment for dog bites.

I used to train German Shepards, never had one of them bite me. Used to get bit by small dogs all the time. Pain never lasted very long . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Tock View Post
    Did you get a tetnus shot? That seems to be standard treatment for dog bites.

I used to train German Shepards, never had one of them bite me. Used to get bit by small dogs all the time. Pain never lasted very long . . .
    Doesn't that shot hurt like a bitch? I mean, granted I was like 7 last time I got one, but I'm pretty sure it hurt pretty bad.

all shots hurt when your 7. i never got one, but i've heard they do.. albeit from other kids when i was young

lol yeah, i think it was one of those where you cant move your arm for like 3 days after. maybe i had a bad reaction.

Back in my military police days, we got smallpox shots about 2 weeks before we took classes on hand-to-hand combat. It hurt like a b--. They changed the schedule after numerous complaints . . .

Aside from that, I can't recall any shots that ever hurt.

Back in my military police days, we got smallpox shots about 2 weeks before we took classes on hand-to-hand combat. It hurt like a b--. They changed the schedule after numerous complaints . . .

3P051A?

Dude, did you never get penicillin? None of them hurt bad, but that one is like a 19 gauge needle.
    Last edited by JDawg1536; 01-24-2009 at 01:19 AM.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    dog i just got, saved him - fighting with my other dog... it got a little out of hand and bloody so i jumped in and the bigger of the two tore my hand up - now i love dogs, but i had to put the hammer down on this one. with out even thinking the dog was flying in the air and hit the wall 10 feet away (really it was just a reaction not a thought or a intentional action) and i thought the new (bigger dog) was going to poop him self... he didnt lol. so when i came around from my anger and looked at my hand - he freaking bit straight though my hand and out the other side with both of his canine teeth. tons of blood and it hurt for a week... i still have that dog and he has never bit any one again, my kids dress him in dress up clothes and he sleeps on my bed almost every night -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails anybdoy ever been bitten by a dog-cell-pics-jan-o9-032.jpg  

^^ got me thinking.. a couple years ago my grandparents' dogs were fighting and it got out of hand, and my grandmom went to stop them and got bit in the back of the leg and hit an artery and had to go to the hospital. no lasting injuries though

Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    dog i just got, saved him - fighting with my other dog... it got a little out of hand and bloody so i jumped in and the bigger of the two tore my hand up - now i love dogs, but i had to put the hammer down on this one. with out even thinking the dog was flying in the air and hit the wall 10 feet away (really it was just a reaction not a thought or a intentional action) and i thought the new (bigger dog) was going to poop him self... he didnt lol. so when i came around from my anger and looked at my hand - he freaking bit straight though my hand and out the other side with both of his canine teeth. tons of blood and it hurt for a week... i still have that dog and he has never bit any one again, my kids dress him in dress up clothes and he sleeps on my bed almost every night -
    Sometimes, you gotta smack a bitch......

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    3P051A?

Dude, did you never get penicillin? None of them hurt bad, but that one is like a 19 gauge needle.
    I laugh at 19 gauge needles.

Ya, some doctor gave me 2 huge shots of pennicillin for a lingering cold, and two days later I had a reaction. Legs turned purpleish-black, I'm allergic to pennicillin now.
    A bit of anti-histimine settled everything down . . .

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    i felt bad for about three seconds till the pain in my hand took my attention away... then i was pissed - just let him out in the back yard and iced the hand up - let him in put him in his cage for the night... after that he has been the best dog - NOTE: for all the emotional men out here !!! beat them down once and they will love you for ever (total joke, joking joking joking)

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Nothing wrong with the pit (i have one). You don't grab someone else's dog like that plain and simple.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight777 View Post

Yes I have my friend, nearly in exactly the same situation as you. A number of years ago I was working in a pub, and it was closing up time and the dog that lived upstairs (a pit) was allowed to come down, it seemed fine at first. Then one of the barmaids asked if I could just hold him behind his colar while she went outside to bring the stuff in. BAD IDEA. The bastard looked around at me snarling and had my arm. 12 Stitches. VERY unpleasant experience.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Sometimes, you gotta smack a bitch......
    i am completely with you on that one. i dont really want to get into details because i get emotional, but i smacked a bitch for the first time in my life recently. sometimes they dont learn until you get fiesty. kinda like the video where the dude punches out the retard: he learned his lesson, as did she.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    im talking dogs not women... jiggaman dont play that shit.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Doesn't that shot hurt like a bitch? I mean, granted I was like 7 last time I got one, but I'm pretty sure it hurt pretty bad.
    Yes they do hurt like a mother ****er.

HORSE~ is offline yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55 View Post
    I got bit in the dick by our rottweiler when he was a puppy......bled like s stuck pig......
    Why did you have your dick out and in the dog's face??

Was peanut butter involved??

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    PMSL Horse. I was waiting for someone to pick up on that. That probably wasn't the best combo of words.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    I knew a guy who killed a police dog (German Shepard). The cops set it on him and he rang its neck. Theres a British guy in jail now who used to fight dogs in a boxing ring..

HORSE~ is offline yeah
    LOL, What's PMSL mean??

I must be getting old I can't keep up with today's slang....

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien_C View Post
    Yes they do hurt like a mother ****er.
    You guys are cry babies...I was doing a dissection with a corroded instrument and cut myself pretty bad, so I gave myself a tetanus shot with an 18 gauge in the delt...It felt like butter, I just wish it was Test...

southmadejd is offline Member

The Smallpox shot hurt you?? All they did when I got it was poke my shoulder with a needle three times and then that was it. And then it just itched like hell for 3 weeks afterwards and I couldn't scratch it because they scare the hell out of you about exposing it and causing a smallpox outbreak.

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by HORSE View Post
    Why did you have your dick out and in the dog's face??

Was peanut butter involved??
    the story goes that I was sitting in the yard playing with him with a tennis ball and i tried to hide the ball....i guess i put it under my butt or something.....and he bit right through my shorts....

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    one of my best friend's has a Chow Chow that was abused as a puppy. That thing has bit me like 4 times. He looks so fluffy and friendly and wants to be pet, and then wham. He draws blood to, fvcker bites hard and fast.

BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member
    I Love the Pit.
    What has four legs and one arm?
    'A happy PitBull'

Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    I knew a guy who killed a police dog (German Shepard). The cops set it on him and he rang its neck. Theres a British guy in jail now who used to fight dogs in a boxing ring..
    It's not too difficult to best one dog, if you know what you're doing, and assuming you're smarter than the dog (not everybody can make that claim). But things get dicey when you're dealing with packs of dogs . . .

A lot of police dogs won't bite very hard; they kinda chomp down a bit as a courtesy to their handler, and that's about it. It's all just a game to them, unless they have some reason to think they're protecting something.

Quote Originally Posted by southmadejd View Post
    The Smallpox shot hurt you?? All they did when I got it was poke my shoulder with a needle three times and then that was it. And then it just itched like hell for 3 weeks afterwards and I couldn't scratch it because they scare the hell out of you about exposing it and causing a smallpox outbreak.
    Well, whatever it was. It left a scab about 1" in diameter, and it was just sore. Not just on me, but everyone. And right after the scab appeared, they had us scheduled for hand-to-hand combat (or defense, or whatever it was--it's been a few years).
    We all complained, and suggested they delay the smallpox vaccination until the week after we had tthe hand-to-hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    one of my best friend's has a Chow Chow that was abused as a puppy. That thing has bit me like 4 times. He looks so fluffy and friendly and wants to be pet, and then wham. He draws blood to, fvcker bites hard and fast.
    From what I've seen (my days as a dogcatcher) a lot of Chows become unpredictable after 5 years. One guy was wrestling with his (just playing) and got bit in the face pretty bad, needed extensive surgery. His wife had us pick the dog up and we (I) put it to sleep (killed it, actually).

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Yes, I was just standing there doing nothing and a dog jumped on me and bit my head off. No wait that was my ex-wife....sorry

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HORSE View Post
    LOL, What's PMSL mean??

I must be getting old I can't keep up with today's slang....
    Here you go old head :
    PMSL

possibly the worst and most unrealistic of internet jargon....
    'pissing myself laughing'

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    A well trained dog should never bit honestly.

I see people yelling at kids, not to be around the dog when he's eating and such.

A dog should not be allowed to growel at any time, or use it as intimidation. Eating or not.

If you hurt it, or surprized it, i could see. But if you simply pulled him back and he bit you, he needs some training.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information