Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member

Reacting to Steroid remarks

This type of thing doesn't happen to me all the time, but just enough to piss me off. A typical situation would be me walking by a group of guys/girls alone and when your a good 15-20 feet away you'll hear a comment like "roided motherfvcker" or "steroids " or something along those lines. The funny part is that the guy's that usually make these slurs say it very quietly, almost to the point where you can't hear them. I used to just brush it off but it's starting to piss me off more each time. I can't be the only one out there who deals with this, how do most of you handle these situations?

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Over here they call us stedheads...

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    the only time i ever hear that kinda shit is at the gym and its usually from some member who has been there for yrs and still weighs 150lbs and works bis and chest exclusively. there is noting you can say to people like that really, if you get angry they will just call it roid rage anyways, lol!

braer4 is offline Associate Member
    at work we talk shit for fun, and few ppl used to call me roids or whenever i got mad said ooo its the roidrage, and i liked it until i took my first cycle, i got pissed as shit if anyone even mentioned roids around me

Quote Originally Posted by braer4 View Post
    at work we talk shit for fun, and few ppl used to call me roids or whenever i got mad said ooo its the roidrage, and i liked it until i took my first cycle, i got pissed as shit if anyone even mentioned roids around me
    Precisely what I am talking about!

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    If they say it and i hear them, well thats different. I dont stand for that shit, i get fuvkin cazy mad, like a dog with a double dose of rabbies. I wait until theres know one around, then thats it, i cry my fuvkin eyes out... Big bad boy hurted me......

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    i've solved this problem...ignoRE EVERYONE!!

Or when you hear dat shit give them a look that should kill them....they wont say another word

luxifer93 is offline Senior Member
    It's usually the people who wish they were big, take it as a compliment, they're too lazy to work out hard and too scared to do juice.

Quote Originally Posted by luxifer93 View Post
    It's usually the people who wish they were big, take it as a compliment, they're too lazy to work out hard and too scared to do juice.
    Yeah the majority of it is jealousy, but also to make themselves look cool or brave in front of who ever they're with. And it only happens when youre ALONE, if your with two or three juicers, they'll worship the ground you walk on.

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    Reacting to it is a lose lose situation

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    People will always be jealous and insecure.

If you act in a way that confirms their suspicions, they've won. If you don't fall victim to the stereotypes and present yourself as an upstanding, kind person, no one will care.

When I get the comments, I always say "Man, I wonder how big I would be if I did actually take steroids ..."

That always throws them for a loop...It's a good, naive kind of line that has never failed me.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Be the bigger person and let it roll off your shoulders.

ampx is offline Junior Member
    I did this last weekend. I was walking threw the mall and some guy with some girls said that, i walked over to him put my hand on his shoulder and said to him. IF i where on roids that would not be a smart thing to say would it? looked over at the girls smiled said hi then looked back at him and said, but im not so take it easy. and just walked off. the girls started laughing at him.

mcx
    mcx is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    Nice remark there ampx. I say just pull out your pecker and show him how big your balls are.

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Man, don't let it worry you, unless they get in your face, and that rarely happens

WOLFCRAFT is offline Senior Member
    On a somewhat related note, someone called me Buff Bagwell tonight at work.
    I had no idea what that meant until I looked him up...

I think this is actually more insulting than a steroid comment.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Buffs the stuff!

It flatters me. I'm not big enough for it to happen much. Bout 220 6' right now, a few guys mentioned that "he must be on something" to my buddy at the gym when I was not there.

But I honestly took it as a compliment. Stuff must be working. Thanks for noticing

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    what I dont do steroids

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    People will always be jealous and insecure.

If you act in a way that confirms their suspicions, they've won. If you don't fall victim to the stereotypes and present yourself as an upstanding, kind person, no one will care.

When I get the comments, I always say "Man, I wonder how big I would be if I did actually take steroids..."
    That always throws them for a loop...It's a good, naive kind of line that has never failed me.
    Hahaha I ALWAYS use this line. It works a charm. They always say, "I don't think you could possibly get any bigger". The sad thing is, I see myself in the mirror and think I'm still skinny...I'm 5'8 200lbs 12%, for me, thats skinny.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    i promise not to make this comments if you tell me where to get steriods SO I can get big too

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    ill walk over to the group, and let out a loud stinky ass fart...

then walk away saying... sorry... to many egg whites

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Just walk up and be like "Whats up little guy!" and pat him on his back.

or bitch slap him and **** his girl in the ass for his error in judgement.

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    when it comes from a skinny bitch, i tell them they should give up the crystal meth and eat more. when it comes from a girl, I ask them if they wanna see my nuts.

tadpoleboyy is offline Member
    "are you on steroids ?"

" yea man, i stick needles in my ass everyday! You wana go to the bathroom and help me out here?! (slaps veins on arm like preparing to shoot up)"

that usually makes people laugh and stfu. You just have to act kind of crazy, so they are freaked out and dont know how to respond

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    act crazy??? haha

shit.

we are lunatics.

All of us

injecting synthetic hormones in sometimes insane quantity in order to tote huge amounts of muscle and lift tons of iron in a session.

Someone said it best on AR

"We are the Xmen of our time".

We are all lunatics.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by juicy_brucy View Post
    when it comes from a skinny bitch, i tell them they should give up the crystal meth and eat more. when it comes from a girl, I ask them if they wanna see my nuts.
    thats funny

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i was accused of being on juice since i was 15 ( not true until my mid twenties). especially from people in the gym who would see what i was lifting for my age. i am now in my mid thirties, still get a comment here or there. as you get older, you just learn to let it roll off your back and pay it no mind. the worst thing you can do is flip your lid. than people will certainly think they were correct in their assumptions.

one time i did lose it. again i wasnt on. but at that time i was getting accused of being on a lot and it was just starting to get under my skin, i was walking through a party and some guy who i didnt know was standing against a wall as i was walking through a hallway and said something to me about being on roids and did it in a really condescending manner. i stoped and looked at the guy and he gave me a look and raised his hands up to make that gesture or look that would say "yeah i said it, so what are you going to do about it." i grabbed the kid by the face and banged his head twice off the wall. it wasnt really planned it was just a reaction. anyway kid slid down the wall and landed on the floor. i stunned him i guess and he looked shocked. he looked at me said nothing just looked surprised, i said nothing to him and walked away.

next day the whole school i went to thought i was on steroids because of my temper tantrum. after that i learned any reaction to comments will only make things worse . people will believe what they want to believe. let them. not worth the frustration.

Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member
    Just walk up to them and say to them real calmly, "were u talking to me? I'm sorry I missed it. What was that again?" Trust me the response is almost always "oh no, I didn't say anything" then you politely say, "ok fellas, you guys have a good one" if by small chance they don't wanna look like a total ***** in front of their friends they might rephrase their chicken shiit comment into a polite question like, "dude, your huge! Do you do steroids ?" The response to that can be either
    1)Do I look like I use steroids ? If they say yes, your response is, "thank you". If they say no your response isn "then why are you asking me?"
    2)Depending on who it is if I don't use response #1 I say something along these lines. "I have a college degree in exercise and fitness science. I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on education. Thousands and thousands of hours studying for that education. Thousands of hours studying and researching on my own free time before and after college. Thousands and thousands of hours in the gym. Thousands of hours preparing meals that are necessary to achieve my goals.. And YES I use steroids. Now let me ask you a question. Have you ever in your life had any where remotely close to that much dedication towards ANYTHING? Anything at all?

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    several years ago, I was sitting in class. and a couple girls made a remark about a kid sitting a couple rows in front of me "He's gotta be on something"

that pissed me off so much that within a year I was double that kids size...naturally.

something else all you guys should remember.....You know what you are getting yourselves into by lifting weights....

Its kind of like....celebrities are millionaires...they make a ton of money for nothing. They knew what they were getting themselves into before becoming a celeb. And the payoff is ****ing huge. So all their complaints about the poperatzi, whores......If it pisses them off that much, they should have thought twice about becoming a celeb. OR perhaps let them trade their fortunes to rid the poperatzi. They wouldnt do it in a million years, just like they forgot how money hungry they were before hand....

getting huge is kind of metaphoric I'd say.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post
    This type of thing doesn't happen to me all the time, but just enough to piss me off. A typical situation would be me walking by a group of guys/girls alone and when your a good 15-20 feet away you'll hear a comment like "roided motherfvcker" or "steroids" or something along those lines. The funny part is that the guy's that usually make these slurs say it very quietly, almost to the point where you can't hear them. I used to just brush it off but it's starting to piss me off more each time. I can't be the only one out there who deals with this, how do most of you handle these situations?
    seriously, walk away or just leave it alone... if you on tren or maybe high test just let the roid rage bubble then rip one of their arms of and chew in it

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    I just admit it and try to sell them some

^^^^^^ lol

you need to be like no I dont take steroids , I invented a new supplement. Put some creatine in a new bucket, and sell it for triple its worth.

works for muscle and fitness

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    did not work...sorry

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    I always suggest deca only cycles

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMArmour View Post
    Just walk up and be like "Whats up little guy!" and pat him on his back.

or bitch slap him and **** his girl in the ass for his error in judgement.
    then give him both a golden shower

luxifer93 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    I just admit it and try to sell them some

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brown ninja View Post
    i always suggest deca only cycles
    lmfao.

PIGPEN8181 is offline Member
    All those people just don't know what it takes putting blood, sweat, and tears pumping iron. We do whatever it takes and those who are jealous want to workout a few times and hope to look like Arnold or Ferrigno. Everything takes time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information