I am so tired of having to interact with people who butcher the English language. I dont understand why it is so hard to communicate properly, and to not use 4 letter words while doing so. I also get extremely perturbed by those who curse in public places, and especially when children are present. I constantly correct my friends for using profanity around older adults and those with their children.

In addition, one of my biggest pet peeves is when people end their sentences with the word "yo." For instance, "Whats good yo," "What time you leaving yo." I can understand using it as a greeting, but not to end a sentence. Although I can sometimes understand what people are saying when they use this horrible slang language, I will pretend to not understand what they are saying until they speak to me with somewhat proper English. It seems that mostly teenagers speak like this, and it drives me INSANE! I would like to ignore it, but when I have to interact with people who speak like this I cannot contain my frustration.

I was arguing with my friends little brother, who is 19, and when I was done talking to him he said "Wipe me down yo." What in gods name does 'wipe me down' mean. Am I supposed to get out a rag and start cleaning him? One other common saying I hear quite often to which I respond with a smart ass remark is when people end an interaction with "One." Instead of saying Goodbye, See ya later, Have a good day, they say "One," to which I usually reply by saying "Two."

I understand abbreviating words in the interest of saving time or just slang in general. However, most of what I've stated above goes well beyond slang into language which does not even resemble English, and is indicative of someone who lacks any intelligence and respect for other people. I encourage all of you with children to smack them upside the head if they use such slang terms. Please add to the list of slang words which drive you nuts.

"Wipe me down"

"......yo" (end of a sentence)

"One"