Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    She does not even have gyno, let alone tits

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    hrm, most of you guys are benching under 300?
    i was just thinkn the same thing. I dont care wtf i can lift for the most part but its a fvckn ego trip when i get ppl to stop ther lifts n watch me do mine

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack View Post
    Who gives a shit on who can bench what. Numbers are just numbers. Most bodybuilders suck ass at pushing weight.

Powerlifting is a whole different beast.

Kudos to her! It is very impressive, but personally my goals are to sculpt my body into looking like i can press a shit load of weight. I could really care less about bragging rights on my 1 rep max.

BTW...she cant press more than me.

BTW2....I find her sexy.
    100% bullshit!!! When I see a guy who big as hell and can't lift shit, it's like false advertising. Kinda like taking a girl home from the club only to see her lying next to you the next morning with no make up and club lighting!!!

Then again, I'm a powerlifter/strongman...

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    100% bullshit!!! When I see a guy who big as hell and can't lift shit, it's like false advertising. Kinda like taking a girl home from the club only to see her lying next to you the next morning with no make up and club lighting!!!

I posted before i was lifting 300 plus in high school and cant believe we have so many members that cant push 300...OMG oh i agree with you

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Quote Originally Posted by prone2rage View Post
    I posted before i was lifting 300 plus in high school and cant believe we have so many members that cant push 300...OMG oh i agree with you
    I'm only 5'4" and my max is 250lbs!

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Cool video.

Chode Logan is offline AR's Ravishing Maestro of Anabolic Tastyness

It's not bullshit. Some people lift to test how much they can lift, and other people use weights to sculp their body like a statue. Not everyone has the same goals. Most (not all) powerlifters look like shit but lift amazing weight, while bodybuilders look amazing and can't always toss up the hugest numbers. I don't see how one is better than the other, or any "false advertising".

And I don't compare guys and their physiques to girls I bang, seems kinda ferry like to me haha.

But on the other hand I do sort of agree with you in that people should push themselves to become stronger.

Chode Logan is offline AR's Ravishing Maestro of Anabolic Tastyness
    Quote Originally Posted by jbm View Post
    I'm only 5'4" and my max is 250lbs!
    5'4? With your t-rex arms and limited ROM you should be tossing up 6 bills for reps.

jk

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Yeah i asked the same question...

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor

No bro, not bullshit.

Powerlifting/strongman is a completely different beast then bodybuilding. Abstract hit that spot on. Bodybuilding is about size, defninition, and symmetry...not how much you can lift. Granted muscle size does hold strength BUT you also have to figure in CNS as well as other factors for strength...not just muscle.

^^Yes it is bullshit. You all have misunderstood what I'm saying. Many (if not most) of the cats on this forum who can't bench more than 300lbs, but want to look good is strictly for narcassistic purposes and IMO 'false advertising'.

Most good bodybuilders can move good weight. Not powerlifter or strongman weight, but greater than the vast majority of the average person. A 300lb bench press isn't shit for a man. My 15yr old son can bench press 300lbs. So when I read about all these guys on this forum and other's like this doing all this juicing, dieting, and training to just look good instead of functional strength, its ridiculous.

Chode Loga, As far as most powerlifters looking like shit, you just showed your ignorance. True the big superheavies, some may look like shit, but most powerlifters by and large are in great shape and have more aestectically pleasing physiques than bodybuilders.

So yeah it is bullshit!!!!

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Alright we get it. You are happy weighing more than 300lbs and being very strong. Try not to put down others.

I myself am not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    Alright we get it. You are happy weighing more than 300lbs and being very strong. Try not to put down others.

I myself am not impressed.
    Not putting down others nor am I trying to impress anybody...especially someone like you. So cool your jets little one!!!

I'm not body beautiful nor do I claim to be. All I'm saying is that lifting to look good rather than be functionally strong is rather narcissistic. The majority of the guys on this forum who are body beautiful push some heavy weight. All love the fact that they are strong.

IMO, just looking strong is ridiculous. I mean, seriously, what's the use of having all that muscle but can't use it?

BIG_TRUCK is offline Member
    Bench press requires no athleticism , and is a poor exercise for determining 'power'.

So I really don't care that I'm weak at it. lol

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    The majority of top level mr. olympia bodybuilders could all throw around some ridiculous weights and looked aesthetic. coleman, yates, hell even cutler throws around some impressive weight.

That said that chick is strong as hell.

Looking aesthetic and sculpted like a bodybuilder has more to do with diet than lifting.

You take any strongman/powerlifter, put him on a bodybuilder diet, and he will look better than most BB with that amount of muscle density.

Powerlifters dont care about aesthetics so they don't eat like bodybuilders. One of the exceptions is mariusz pudzianowski

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I believe cutler said this " I don't want to be able to bench press 500 lbs, i just want to look like i could."

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I will bench press her from behind...

I kind of agree with bgmc..... I see a lot of people saying they want to be a bodybuilder and don't want to lift heavy weight... I guess if you want to be small and lean or cut, that is fine, but real body builders that have mass and look big, have paid their time in the core exercises pushing heavy weight big time.... and I mean for several, several years... that is how they piled on the mass, then they go into sculpting.

It never seems to amaze me how people think they can skip the heavy stages of lifting core exercises for mass and think they can build a top physic doing a bunch of fluffy bodybuilding type of exercises... you can't skip the foundation. Heavy weight bodybuilders laugh and post their little exercises to the public so they can think they really did all that to get where they where at. Knowing damn well that doing those sculpting exercises on cable machines won't get anyone dick for size and sculpt.

PittBoy is offline Associate Member
    Impressive for her size and weight.

I just write 700lbs on a piece of masking tape, slap it on the plates and bench 700 for 10!!!

Not sure what my max is.....I shoot more for form and sculpting the muscle.

I know if I started trying to max out everything and go for heavy weight I'd end up just hurting myself.

But.....when you see someone in the gym throwing up some heavy weight it does gather a crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I believe cutler said this " I don't want to be able to bench press 500 lbs, i just want to look like i could."
    Yet in his video you see him throwing up 405lbs on the bench! Not that far off. A 400lb raw bench press is still impressive. Coleman said 'Everyone wants to look like a bodybuilder but no one wants to lift some heavy ass weight!'

cool your jets little one!!!
    That's very condescending.

I know it's one of your pet peeves is us 200-230lbs guys that say things like "If I did as much juice as him, I'd be as strong as him". Put truth is, it would be easier for me to look like you, than you me. You had a hard time staying at 275. It's clear you don't want to look like me and it's clear that I don't want to look like you.

Are you impressed with sumo wrestlers? I am sure they are very strong.

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Ya i can push more than that. But ****. Thats over twice her bodyweight! no way can I do twice my body weight on bench!

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    I wish i was strong

Both avenues can be narcassistic regardless. Who is biggest and most symmetrical bodybuilder or who lifts the most. I'm better looking than you or I can lift more than you... Chose your poison

Though most of powerlifters I have met seem to envy issues by instead of encouraging folks they put them down cause they can lift so much more and like to make themselves feel better. Most seem to want to have a penis measuring contest. And this thread reinforces my experience

That's very condescending.

I know it's one of your pet peeves is us 200-230lbs guys that say things like "If I did as much juice as him, I'd be as strong as him". Put truth is, it would be easier for me to look like you, than you me. You had a hard time staying at 275. It's clear you don't want to look like me and it's clear that I don't want to look like you.

Are you impressed with sumo wrestlers? I am sure they are very strong.
    You neglected to write that I had a hard time staying under 275 with under 10% bodyfat. As a professional athlete I found it difficult to keep my energy levels where they needed to be while maintaining a very lean frame. Plus my game wasn't predicated on speed. I was a run stopper.

You say its easier for you to look like me than me like you, I disagree. Could your frame hold as much muscle mass as mine? Can you match my strength level? I'm sure I could get down to a very lean 260-275lbs. But I would lose strength, which is what I train for.

I am very impressed with sumo wrestlers. Their, speed, power, agility, and flexibility is off the hoook. They are very strong! Don't know how much they bench but it doesn't matter because they don't claim to want to 'look' strong.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_TRUCK View Post
    Bench press requires no athleticism , and is a poor exercise for determining 'power'.

So I really don't care that I'm weak at it. lol
    We are talking about strength here brotha, not power or athleticism.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Im not sure where i stand here but i can bp well over 300lbs, that said if i had the choice i would give up some of my strenght for muscle. If i can get to 250lbs and look like a pro bber then thats my goal even if it means i could only bench 250lbs...

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I wanna look like I lift alot of weight, not actually do it.

Nice job though and she had a nice body...mm mm mmm
    ***No source checks!!!***

GOT FIGHT? is offline Junior Member
    Damn thats my kinda woman

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Not me, thank God.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'll bench her in bed.

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Bodybuilders sculpt their bodies because they are handsome...... Powerlifters lift shedloads of weight because they are ugly and insecure!!

Quote Originally Posted by paulzane View Post
    Bodybuilders sculpt their bodies because they are handsome...... Powerlifters lift shedloads of weight because they are ugly and insecure!!
    That's the most ridiculous comment ever!!!!

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    That's the most ridiculous comment ever!!!!

I don't cycle, bench more than 300. I am more proud of having 31 inch waistline at 200lbs.

Mariusz Pudzianowski is way more impressive than Jay Cutler.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulzane View Post
    So...what about Ronnie Coleman? He sculpted his body, and also lifts ridiculous amounts of weight. Using your logic he's handsome AND ugly and insecure.

I think all bodybuilders deep down are insecure.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    I think all bodybuilders deep down are insecure.
    80% agreed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information