Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by F4iDom View Post
    I've seen two c5 z06's go for under 20k in the past month. Mileage was between 40-60k. They're not easy to find but they're out there.
    wow. I'm not a big vette person but thats a steal. To bad she cant drive stick

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    wow. I'm not a big vette person but thats a steal. To bad she cant drive stick

Never marry a woman that can't...nevermind.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI View Post
    Never marry a woman that can't...nevermind.
    lol gotta teach them.. its not hard to learn unless they are like ignorant with cars and don't even give it the time of day. i learned basically in a couple hours with my dad in his car. so much better than autos.

laduem88 is offline Senior Member
    g35's are sick, 3 of my friends have them..if i were you though id look in to something AMG by Mercedes

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Quote Originally Posted by laduem88 View Post
    g35's are sick, 3 of my friends have them..if i were you though id look in to something AMG by Mercedes
    Yeah!!! AMG bro...

Quote Originally Posted by jbm View Post
    Yeah!!! AMG bro...
    hell no, M POWER

jbm
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    hell no, M POWER
    AMG AMG AMG AMG.....

AMG AMG AMG AMG.....
    M M M M M M M M M M M M M M M

m power.

jbm
    Yeah! Mclaren is really powerful!

jbm

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    that an 8mpg jacked up unreliable truck is useless
    unrealiable??????? broncobillie has NEVER stranded me

Quote Originally Posted by laduem88 View Post
    I had one before i totaled it. I want to get a c55 but she likes the look of the infinity better. If she doesnt like the way the g drives that will be the next car on the list

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    she will be happy with it. Hopefully she can park well. Ive seen a lot of girls back into shit with their guys G35's.

Yeah! Mclaren is really powerful!
    thats because they rely on that beamer m power

nice color right there.

brabus aftermarket slr

and the sterling moss slr. crazy car right there.... just look at it!

laduem88 is offline Senior Member
    my friends dad has a cls63 amg....i thought i was going to nut just sitting in the drivers seat

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    thats because they rely on that beamer m power
    Test cars were built with 7.4 liter chevy v8 while awaiting the v12...but they didn't want a chevy engine because after all the car is the F1 and they wanted formula 1 heritage.

Honda was the first choice as the engine builder, not BMW
    Honda refused
    Isuzu was the second choice, at the time was planning entry into forumla 1 racing with a 3.5 liter v12. But then BMW put in a bid, and they decided to go with that.

Power to weight, drag co-efficent, and suspension is why that car is so freakin fast on a track. Any of the engines they went with would have been great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Test cars were built with 7.4 liter chevy v8 while awaiting the v12...but they didn't want a chevy engine because after all the car is the F1 and they wanted formula 1 heritage.

Honda was the first choice as the engine builder, not BMW
    Honda refused
    Isuzu was the second choice, at the time was planning entry into forumla 1 racing with a 3.5 liter v12. But then BMW put in a bid, and they decided to go with that.

Power to weight, drag co-efficent, and suspension is why that car is so freakin fast on a track. Any of the engines they went with would have been great.
    even still, they went with the m power. i didn't know isuzu could make anything that was actually good, nor was i aware they had a foray into f1. maybe cause i was like 8 at the time..

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    You can't touch the neon , WHAT WHAT

Akrobatik is offline Associate Member
    I like the Nissan 370z more than the G35, but the G35 is still a sex machine.

Akrobatik is offline Associate Member

Pure SEX!
    Buy yours now for just $80,000!

even still, they went with the m power. i didn't know isuzu could make anything that was actually good, nor was i aware they had a foray into f1. maybe cause i was like 8 at the time..
    "During this time, we were able to visit with Ayrton Senna (the late F1 Champion) and Honda's Tochigi Research Center. The visit related to the fact that at the time, McLaren's F1 Grand Prix cars were using Honda engines. Although it's true I had thought it would have been better to put a larger engine, the moment I drove the Honda NSX, all the benchmark cars-Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini-I had been using as references in the development of my car vanished from my mind. Of course the car we would create, the McLaren F1, needed to be faster than the NSX, but the NSX's ride quality and handling would become our new design target. Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine." --Gordon Murray (designer of F1)

He wanted honda because they had been powering Mclaren's forumla 1 cars for some time.

The Isuzu engine would have been stuffed in a lotus chasis. It would have made the F1 even cooler imo. (picture below) But it had never raced and had a heritage and unproven reliability problem.

I think it's unfair to credit bmw with the success of the F1, as many engine builders could have delivered a quality engine within the specified specs. It's not a BMW although BMW did a nice job, came in over weight but also over power for spec.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails infiniti g35 coupe-isuzudx8.jpg  
    Last edited by Kratos; 04-20-2009 at 07:12 PM.

"During this time, we were able to visit with Ayrton Senna (the late F1 Champion) and Honda's Tochigi Research Center. The visit related to the fact that at the time, McLaren's F1 Grand Prix cars were using Honda engines. Although it's true I had thought it would have been better to put a larger engine, the moment I drove the Honda NSX, all the benchmark cars-Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini-I had been using as references in the development of my car vanished from my mind. Of course the car we would create, the McLaren F1, needed to be faster than the NSX, but the NSX's ride quality and handling would become our new design target. Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine." --Gordon Murray (designer of F1)

He wanted honda because they had been powering Mclaren's forumla 1 cars for some time.

The Isuzu engine would have been stuffed in a lotus chasis. It would have made the F1 even cooler imo. (picture below) But it had never raced and had a heritage and unproven reliability problem.

I think it's unfair to credit bmw with the success of the F1, as many engine builders could have delivered a quality engine within the specified specs. It's not a BMW although BMW did a nice job, came in over weight but also over power for spec.
    i have no idea how you go from an NSX to a 6l v12... nsx's are amazing cars, but not at all the kind to rely on big displacement for big power. i can imagine it took a lot of work to translate the huge bmw engine into a car similar in style to the nsx (quick, fairly light, small, rev happy engine)

regardless, they are my 2nd fav car ever (behind porsche carrera gt) and i just used them as an example of some nice M power implementation.

i have no idea how you go from an NSX to a 6l v12... nsx's are amazing cars, but not at all the kind to rely on big displacement for big power. i can imagine it took a lot of work to translate the huge bmw engine into a car similar in style to the nsx (quick, fairly light, small, rev happy engine)

regardless, they are my 2nd fav car ever (behind porsche carrera gt) and i just used them as an example of some nice M power implementation.
    The NSX was never designed to make big power because of Japanese car makers' "gentlemen's agreement" not to exceed 206 kW (276 hp).

Honda knows how to make a heck of a performance engine because of their racing experience despite almost all production models being rubber band powered. I'm guessing honda didn't know the price point would be so far and away from the NSX, and they didn't want to have any part of making it look like a lame duck.

F1 is a good choice for a top list of cars, I think it's on every car guy's list. You can bet at the time knowone knew just how big a deal the car would be or the longevity of it's following. I'm sure Honda, Ferrari, and Mercedes are kicking themselves in the nuts for not having their engine power it.

The NSX was never designed to make big power because of Japanese car makers' "gentlemen's agreement" not to exceed 206 kW (276 hp).

Honda knows how to make a heck of a performance engine because of their racing experience despite almost all production models being rubber band powered. I'm guessing honda didn't know the price point would be so far and away from the NSX, and they didn't want to have any part of making it look like a lame duck.

F1 is a good choice for a top list of cars, I think it's on every car guy's list. You can bet at the time knowone knew just how big a deal the car would be or the longevity of it's following. I'm sure Honda, Ferrari, and Mercedes are kicking themselves in the nuts for not having their engine power it.
    yeah i know the nsx's aren't big on power, like the skylines are now (or at least the r34s)

i wouldn't mind seeing mercedes build a new one, since they are f1 partners, another foray into road versions would be nice. but i guess thats kinda like what the slr was

subaruwrx04 is offline Associate Member
    Get something that will last a Subaru or a Nissan that runs way better than a Infinity and looks much better. Waste of money IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by subaruwrx04 View Post
    Get something that will last a Subaru or a Nissan that runs way better than a Infinity and looks much better. Waste of money IMO...
    an infinity is a Nissan so don't get your point.

No offense but Subaru's are hideous imo.

an infinity is a Nissan so don't get your point.

No offense but Subaru's are hideous imo.
    A nissan runs better than a nissan
    haha, I wouldn't take to much car advise from that dude lol

I agree, you got the impreza/wrx with more body clad than metal
    then what? Tribeca, Forester, and outback for big sellers...barf in my mouth

I do dig the pancake engines, but subaru would have like no following with younger buyers if not for the WRX and the new ones are ugly.

O man it was a joke lol.. I know my cars come on now..

jnewton86 is offline Member
    i hope you were joking about the new gt-r?

lets sell a car with launch control, but if you use the launch control it voids the warranty. complete pile imo.

Quote Originally Posted by jnewton86 View Post
    i hope you were joking about the new gt-r?

lets sell a car with launch control, but if you use the launch control it voids the warranty. complete pile imo.
    It's a heck of a performer
    if you want an 80k nissan with chunky styling, a backseat that could only fit a 3 year old, nissan quality interior, suspension too stiff to tollerate on a regular drive, 3800 pounds of car, and don't like a stick shift in your sports cars. I see it appealing to only a select group of buyers.

If I had 80k+ to spend on a car, that wouldn't be the car.

vpchill is offline "Born to lose, Dying to win"
    I am an infiniti guy, Cannot do coupes tho. Drove the G37 a few times, Real sweet. Im about to go into the M45 if I can get it under $50k

Im a 4 door man.. Its a must.. The Subaru works great for me.. Quick as hell stock and great looking car.

Ive spent a bit of money on mine on performance and looks and couldnt be happier..

They do Look great, Never known anyone to own one. Performance always been a Plus or so Ive heard.

we really dont need 4 doors. We arent having kids and all of our friends have their own cars so its just the 2 of us.

Even before My Kids, I never really Liked coupes. Once and While but I need my 4 doors.

It's a heck of a performer
    if you want an 80k nissan with chunky styling, a backseat that could only fit a 3 year old, nissan quality interior, suspension too stiff to tollerate on a regular drive, 3800 pounds of car, and don't like a stick shift in your sports cars. I see it appealing to only a select group of buyers.

If I had 80k+ to spend on a car, that wouldn't be the car.
    me neither. i really liked the r34 but this one is so far away from it, its basically a new car, not just a new gen.

i don't see why you would say he needs a 4 door when he just said he has no use for it..

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    Somebody school me on Mercedes. Do they make anything within price range of the g35 with similar performance?

Quote Originally Posted by F4iDom View Post
    Somebody school me on Mercedes. Do they make anything within price range of the g35 with similar performance?
    the c class would be the same price range. But it has less power

i've driven a c300 and its really not that fast at all. and the amg is much more expensive

jbm
    You mean AMG C class?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information