HILLBILLY is offline Associate Member

Montana Governor Signs New Gun Law

Executive Summary – The USA state of Montana has signed into power a revolutionary gun law. I mean REVOLUTIONARY.

The State of Montana has defied the federal government and their gun laws. This will prompt a showdown between the federal government and the State of Montana. The federal government fears citizens owning guns. They try to curtail what types of guns they can own. The gun control laws all have one common goal – confiscation of privately owned firearms.

Read More-->http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Featu...m?Info=0056132

-JJ-

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    wow, And the people have spoken
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    lets start a riot!

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    wow, And the people have spoken
    It's about time.

-JJ-

Tesla is offline Member
    Excellent! I saw you the news yesterday that other states are considering similar legislation.

scerpico22 is offline Anabolic Member
    the right to bare arms bioitch!

Utah and Texas are joining the bandwagon, Judge Napolitano and State reps discuss it on Glenn Beck.

Part 1---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_Lv0Nfvkvo

Part 2---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPOkVFzR_zs

-JJ-

jfalco is offline Member
    Am I reading it right that the only real change in the law is to allow silencers?

If so I don't think the feds will give a shit.

But I do see a battle coming in the near future on gun control because of the current situation in Mexico.

Tesla is offline Member

CptAmericaX is offline Member
    Obama obama obama obama

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!

Quote Originally Posted by jfalco View Post
    Am I reading it right that the only real change in the law is to allow silencers?

If so I don't think the feds will give a shit.

But I do see a battle coming in the near future on gun control because of the current situation in Mexico.
    Section 4 of the bill states ANY gun, accessory or ammo made and manufactured in montana is legal.

-JJ-
    Last edited by HILLBILLY; 05-08-2009 at 10:33 PM.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMMYJAMES View Post
    Section 4 of the bill states ANY gun, accessory or ammo made and manufactured in montana is legal.

-JJ-
    You need to read the entire bill. Guns which fire more than 1 bullet per pull of the trigger will not be made legal under this law. And weapons with a barrel diameter larger than 1 1/2 inches can only fire black powder, not smokeless powder, meaning you will not be able to purchase artillery, lol..

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    CA should join the wagon.

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    for some reason i don't see this law being able to with stand a federal court..

but i also think that with states pushing this it will make the federal government step in to make an actual gun bill to stop it which might **** everybody in the end..

Quote Originally Posted by quarry206 View Post
    for some reason i don't see this law being able to with stand a federal court..

but i also think that with states pushing this it will make the federal government step in to make an actual gun bill to stop it which might **** everybody in the end..
    I doubt this very much. Utah and Texas are drafting similar bills in their legislatures as we speak. Constitutionally, the Federal government doesn't have a very compelling case in this situation.

P.S.- This is not a personal attack by any means...But it speaks volumes that citizens have been so thoroughly conditioned (no thanks to our department of education for this one) to think that the Federal government has such unending power over the states...its unfortunate to say the least..

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    I doubt this very much. Utah and Texas are drafting similar bills in their legislatures as we speak. Constitutionally, the Federal government doesn't have a very compelling case in this situation.

P.S.- This is not a personal attack by any means...But it speaks volumes that citizens have been so thoroughly conditioned (no thanks to our department of education for this one) to think that the Federal government has such unending power over the states...its unfortunate to say the least..
    Its sad isnt it!

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    I applaud this decision...even though I am in favor on some types of gun control. So is it the stance of the majority here that we should have no restrictions on firearms? None whatsoever? So anybody should be able to own any type of gun? Because any restrictions on anything would be gun control, right? I'm all for responsible gun ownership, but I also agree that certain people shouldn't own guns. Is there a happy medium?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    I applaud this decision...even though I am in favor on some types of gun control. So is it the stance of the majority here that we should have no restrictions on firearms? None whatsoever? So anybody should be able to own any type of gun? Because any restrictions on anything would be gun control, right? I'm all for responsible gun ownership, but I also agree that certain people shouldn't own guns. Is there a happy medium?
    I think most would agree with you. But is sure would be fun to pump a umm ahhh..... a deer with with lead with a gun that shoots 1000 rounds a minute...

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I think most would agree with you. But is sure would be fun to pump a umm ahhh..... a deer with with lead with a gun that shoots 1000 rounds a minute...
    For sure!!! The Gun Store here in Vegas has full autos you can shoot and have pig and cow carcasses to shoot it!! It's a fvckin blast. I can only imagine doing that out in the open!!!

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

i agree with you... i think i didn't word what i meant correctly.. i just meant that usually the feds like to go over board in attempts to control the uncontrollable or to put fear into the masses.... and i do think you will agree with me that our federal court system at times do not see the bill of rights as it should be seen.

there is not right or wrong, only popular opinion...lol... think about how many things are not really legal or maybe even law but the federal government makes us fallow it anyways.. i agree we are conditioned to think we have to do what they say but because so many are conditioned to think that it becomes fact. i'm sure we could make a list a mile long of laws, taxes, things in federal buildings. but are not actually fully legal...
    Last edited by quarry206; 05-09-2009 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    I dont see why we cant restrict people with mental illnesses from purchasing/owning firearms and at the same time not require registration of firearms? You would need to have a purchasing card and pass a background check, but would not need to register any of your guns. In addition, I do not see why ex-criminals cannot own guns. It sends a very bad message that after a person has served their debt to society, we put them into 2nd class citizen status for the rest of their lives and still do not allow them to do things like vote. I believe if we release them from prison for a crime, no matter what the crime, we are saying that they are fit to return to society and their debt has been paid. They should have ALL of their rights fully restored at that point, otherwise we should keep them in jail. A person who has a criminal record should not be forbidden from protecting themselves, and in fact those who have criminal pasts and have turned their lives around MAY need that means of protection MORE than the average person. I have gotten severely off topic, but its something that needs to be said.

I dont see why we cant restrict people with mental illnesses from purchasing/owning firearms and at the same time not require registration of firearms? You would need to have a purchasing card and pass a background check, but would not need to register any of your guns. In addition, I do not see why ex-criminals cannot own guns. It sends a very bad message that after a person has served their debt to society, we put them into 2nd class citizen status for the rest of their lives and still do not allow them to do things like vote. I believe if we release them from prison for a crime, no matter what the crime, we are saying that they are fit to return to society and their debt has been paid. They should have ALL of their rights fully restored at that point, otherwise we should keep them in jail. A person who has a criminal record should not be forbidden from protecting themselves, and in fact those who have criminal pasts and have turned their lives around MAY need that means of protection MORE than the average person. I have gotten severely off topic, but its something that needs to be said.
    not to thread jack, but i will say as somebody that put myself through school working for the prison system and local law enforcement. i really believe they are not given rights because its the governments way of admitting they did nothing at all to make an inmate a better person. no school, don't teach any trades, don't allow them to buy there own accredited schooling... so in turn the state realizes we did nothing for them, they will probably stay criminals.. not saying that is right, but secretly i think its true. i met lots of good hearted guys while working at the prison but they went back to crime not because they wanted to fully but its all they knew. because after ten years in prison for drugs there was nothing they could do on the streets since they were never taught anything...

mho
    mho is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaiden708 View Post
    lets start a riot!

Quote Originally Posted by quarry206 View Post
    not to thread jack, but i will say as somebody that put myself through school working for the prison system and local law enforcement. i really believe they are not given rights because its the governments way of admitting they did nothing at all to make an inmate a better person. no school, don't teach any trades, don't allow them to buy there own accredited schooling... so in turn the state realizes we did nothing for them, they will probably stay criminals.. not saying that is right, but secretly i think its true. i met lots of good hearted guys while working at the prison but they went back to crime not because they wanted to fully but its all they knew. because after ten years in prison for drugs there was nothing they could do on the streets since they were never taught anything...
    I disagree, alot of them go back to being criminals because no one will hire them because of their record. They do a background check just to be a greeter at wal-mart, now you mean to tell me a guy that has been in prison for 10yrs. would not be able to do this? or cut grass for a landscaping company. It's just what they resort back to to survive because society labels them as trash. But i do agree some of them are just down right criminals and always will be, but that doesn't mean that they all are like society labels them to be.

-JJ-
    Last edited by HILLBILLY; 05-09-2009 at 02:16 PM.

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    That people don't even realize why we have a Federal and not National government is even more unfortunate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMMYJAMES View Post
    I disagree, alot of them go back to being criminals because no one will hire them because of their record. They do a background check just to be a greeter at wal-mart, now you mean to tell me a guy that has been in prison for 10yrs. would not be able to do this? or cut grass for a landscaping company. It's just what they resort back to to survive because society labels them as trash. But i do agree some of them are just down right criminals and always will be, but that doesn't mean that they all are like society labels them to be.

-JJ-
    I will be honesty with you, I sure a shit do not want a person convicted of a violent crime to have a gun or even a job that brings them close to my family or residence say if they did mow lawns or whatever. They have shown a pattern of behavior, which people tend not to deviate much from their established pattern of behavior.

oneshot is offline Anabolic Member
    I love it!!! federal government can KISS MY ASS!!!

Lightsout2184 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by firmechicano831 View Post
    CA should join the wagon.
    like our pvssy state ever would

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I will be honesty with you, I sure a shit do not want a person convicted of a violent crime to have a gun or even a job that brings them close to my family or residence say if they did mow lawns or whatever. They have shown a pattern of behavior, which people tend not to deviate much from their established pattern of behavior.
    I agree with ya on the violent crime, but people get felonies for non-violent crimes also. I can't label someone that has been caught with pot or writing bad checks in the same category as a child molester nor should anybody else. People make mistakes but they shouldn't be held accountable for a ONE time non-violent crime for the rest of their lives. Now if they are a habitual offender that's a different story.

-JJ-

Thread Information