View Poll Results: Is it ok to use inmates to build their own fence?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great use of tax dollars

6 100.00%
  • No, to much like digging your own grave

0 0%
  • I don't give two squirts of p!ss what the DOC does

0 0%
    CBGB is offline Senior Member

Is this F'd up, or just a good use of tax $'s

I was driving by the DOC today and noticed that they are expanding their compound. It looks like probably 200 yards of fencing is going up. No problem with that. You gotta do what you gotta do. My question is... They have about a dozen inmates on the fence line running razor wire. At first I thought maybe it was a good idea. A good way to work off your debt....stay busy. After a little thought i started to think it was a little f'd up to make these guys assemble their own captivity. Not to mention they would have personal knowledge of any weak points. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by CBGB; 05-11-2009 at 09:03 PM.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    beats paying private contractors to do it, and I'm sure the work gets inspected...not to mention to get through the razor wire you first have to get shot at by the gaurd towers so, it sounds good to me.

jfalco is offline Member
    I assume this is a minimum security facility where inmates are serving relatively short sentences, so the penalties for attempting to escape outweigh the desire to escape.

As far as the psycological impact of making the fence that holds you in, I would bet this is a voluntary detail and inmates choose it so they can be outside. I agree it's a little fvcked up, but I'm not sure if I mind. If I were in their situation, I would probably choose to build the fence over sitting in my cell.

It's a minimum and medium all in the same compound. These guys also mow all of the roadways around town, among other things. Which I do believe is a great idea.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    they are lucky i dont get my way..

Put them on a farm and a hoe.. hungry?? better grow some food.. need heat?? better cut some wood..

Escape from new york was just ahead of its' time
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post

Put them on a farm and a hoe.. hungry?? better grow some food.. need heat?? better cut some wood..

amen to that!!

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post

i like the way you think spy

to the OP, in a little town called san saba they had a thing where there wasn't enough money to run a juvenile detention center in the town(population was less than 2000 for the whole town) so they had to dump the kids just outside the city limits, of course they all came back into town and started up gangs and such

i would prefer to put the people to work and be constructive than have something like that happen

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    I would have them dig their own graves.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Its better than them sitting in an air conditioned cell eating three meals a day and running there criminal or drug enterprises from prison on my dollar.

I drive by this place several times a day. I have to add that they have what looks like a kick ass outdoor gym. A lot of real big guys running that track.
    Last edited by CBGB; 05-11-2009 at 09:43 PM.

Thread Information