MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST

Please wear deodorant to the gym!!!

So I am doing my normal pre breakfats cardio this morning and some Arabic guy was on the eliptical 2 machines down and when I first got on I didn't smell anything and went into my routine.

Well about 5 minutes in I started to catch the smell of some SERIOUS FRIGGIN Body Odor. So i do the non chalant check of myself and I think well I smell like roses so what the f*ck.....

I look my left and glance and lean in that direction and i got SLAPPED in the face by some serious "smog" of BO, I almost threw up.

I try to ignore it but the stagnant smell got so bad I had to migrate to a tred mill because I thought I was going to throw up. I was getting angry on the eliptical before I migrated thinking that this dumb f*ckin idiot needs to learn how to use some deodorant and pondered the possibility of me telling him that he STINKS. I just dont understand how u can go to the gym smelling like I just spread sh*t all over myself.

Just wondering what other people would have done or said in this situation....???

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Come on, next you'll be want the guy's to be wearing make-up....

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Those people always smell bad.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    Come on, next you'll be want the guy's to be wearing make-up....
    wait you dont?

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    the worst man, i feel ur pain...
    i would not say anything to him, ur intensity would be up cause ur pissed that he stinks, so if he said something smart back, someone would get killed..
    i would grab a employee and complain, make them go be the bad guy to the smelly bastard...

is it worst when its B.O or perfume/cologne?

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    wait you dont?
    I do but fvck i go to a mans gym, you'll be telling me i shouldnt fart next.

If im in a bar or clud then i expect everyone to smell real nice but were talking about a gym...

Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    I do but fvck i go to a mans gym, you'll be telling me i shouldnt fart next.

If im in a bar or clud then i expect everyone to smell real nice but were talking about a gym...
    I have NO problem with people not smelling th ebest in the gym but this Arabic guy smelt like I just took a shit on whatever machine you were using. Trust me the majority of people dont smell amazing while at the gym but if it causes me to gag cause I took a deep breath at the wrong time then thats beyond the way you should smell.

The guy obviously didnt take a shower for a few days and didnt believe in deodorant.

Are you telling me deodorant is optional for the gym?? I see it as a level of respect for other people working out, i mean the guys smell was so bad he f*cked up my concentration royally and i get extremely focused and intense while at the gym........

Also when you fart it will disepate in a few minutes, but to deal with this STANK for 40 mins straight would have been a problem.......
    Last edited by MACKATTACK; 05-29-2009 at 10:44 AM.

scerpico22 is offline Anabolic Member

BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member
    I would have said something to the pusball, I think it is a legitimat beef, you should have said something to him! Now its your fault if he does it again.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishColumbian View Post
    I would have said something to the pusball, I think it is a legitimat beef, you should have said something to him! Now its your fault if he does it again.
    It was the first time I have ever seen him in the gym and I have been doing 2 a days for the last 2-3 weeks......

cubnlynx is offline Associate Member
    my question is these people can't smell themselves?

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    testosterone is my goddamn deoderant!!

get used to it!

sigman roid is offline Ar's cockney geezer Retired
    when this happens in my gym i walk round spraying air freshner and i make it known people need to wash it happens on a regular basis, i cant understand how people can walk around and smell like shvt and not know.

Quote Originally Posted by cubnlynx View Post
    my question is these people can't smell themselves?
    Quote Originally Posted by sigman roid View Post
    when this happens in my gym i walk round spraying air freshner and i make it known people need to wash it happens on a regular basis, i cant understand how people can walk around and smell like shvt and not know.

They have to smell themselves somewhat I would have to think, or in their mind and customs that is considered normal.........its ridiculous....

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Sometimes I forget to shower for a couple of days (I have a scalp issue so too much showering dries it up) and I go to the gym and workout, but I always apply deorderant or a little cologne so when I sweat I dont smell too bad. I have been in the gym and smelled myself before and I smelled like semen and piss "I was like wtf..." it ruined my own concentration hahah

But thing is I rarely workout at the gym when its packed and no one comes and stands right next to me.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    ummmmm

those people??

tsk tsk..

I agree the odor can be awful, know what's worse is when they don't bath and pour perfume all over themself..

I mean i know it's Janurary
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

wantmoremass is offline Associate Member
    i agree, there's a big difference between a one workout sweat (even without deo) versus serious BO stink from what seems like several days of bacteria growth. there's one guy in my gym, i have no idea how he can live with himself - i would wretch if i caught a whiff of myself if i was like him. how to bring it up though...

Iron_Pig is offline Member
    I do not mind stinky people if you have been in the service you smell all the time, Its when they do the protein farts that kill me they can clear the whole gym.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post

Biff77 is offline Junior Member
    I agree,,, Dont mind if you got the regular ( I just lifted stink ) or the normal (gym stink ) in general.. But when you stink so bad other people dont come with in 10 feet of ya !! COME ON !! wash yer butt!!!

I rember when me and the wife wer on our honeymoon in Nashville, there was a clerk ( arab guy )at the Holliday Inn that soon azz you walked in the door the whole lobby stunk so bad we walked rite back out.. ( stayed at the motel 6 that nite ) Tom Bodett left the light on and he didnt stink !!

.. When I was a semi truck mechanic for 8 years, the arab drivers always stank like to HOBO POWER of 10.. sometimes they stank so bad I would kick them out of the store in front of the garage , and refuse to work on thier trucks,,,,, for the love of god they got free shower tickets when they fueled the truck................ so its usually thier choice when you come across a stinky arab

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    I guess most indian people don't use deodorant or women don't either. I guess it's part of their religion.

BuffedGuy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    Those people always smell bad.
    But you're still not a bigot, right?

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

stpete is offline Banned
    I don't care if they stink a little. But if they stink, don't wipe down the machine afterwards and don't rerack their weights, i'm saying something to them.
    But i carry roll on in my bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Biff77 View Post
    I agree,,, Dont mind if you got the regular ( I just lifted stink ) or the normal (gym stink ) in general.. But when you stink so bad other people dont come with in 10 feet of ya !! COME ON !! wash yer butt!!!

I rember when me and the wife wer on our honeymoon in Nashville, there was a clerk ( arab guy )at the Holliday Inn that soon azz you walked in the door the whole lobby stunk so bad we walked rite back out.. ( stayed at the motel 6 that nite ) Tom Bodett left the light on and he didnt stink !!

.. When I was a semi truck mechanic for 8 years, the arab drivers always stank like to HOBO POWER of 10.. sometimes they stank so bad I would kick them out of the store in front of the garage , and refuse to work on thier trucks,,,,, for the love of god they got free shower tickets when they fueled the truck................ so its usually thier choice when you come across a stinky arab

Yep chep colone and stinky butt

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    WTF is a breakfats?

chicmagnet is offline Senior Member
    Geeze bud build a bridge, sometimes I train on the way home from work and a couple of times I forgot my deodorant, sh!t happens, but if its all the time then ya got to tell him for everyones sake.

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    I think a lot of people just store their gym clothes in a locker and only wash them once a week or something.

It's the reason why I work out in the womens training area, there isn't anyone in there.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    Quote Originally Posted by KatsMeow View Post
    I think a lot of people just store their gym clothes in a locker and only wash them once a week or something.

It's the reason why I work out in the womens training area, there isn't anyone in there.
    i would guess most women take hygiene a little more seriously than guys do. i hate when people are like that, especially when you're forced to be near them. i spent an entire year during school stuck next to this dirty girl and i could NOT get away from it.

luckily nothing THAT bad at the gym though. i can imagine it throws you off a little

Thread Information