Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    dezza6969 is offline Associate Member
    reed ur back is outa control

Quote Originally Posted by killagorilla187 View Post
    I liked it alot, its the best "summer movie"!

I liked it more than wolverine and star trek. Im a terminator fan for life, when the orginal terminator showed up!

lol yeah it is a good blockbuster and wolverine was good but this is def way better. still haven't seen star trek but heard its awesum

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dezza6969 View Post
    damn i just wrote a big spiel on terminator salvation after seeing it last night but i went to post it, and the internet f*cked itself so i lost it.
    but the gist is i bloody loved the new movie and couldn't believe it copped such a bagging on this forum when it came out in the U.S last week. Did we see the same movie here in Aus??? Lol it was f*ckin awesome!!!
    five out of five... two thumbs up

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    reed ur back is outa control
    thanks brother

it'll only get worse

5 out of 5! thats the spirit!
    Hahah reed "it can only get worse"-good way of puttin it

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04 View Post
    The movie was not very good. Christian Bale/John Connor wasn't even the main character!!! WTF? This series, after part 1, is supposed to be all about John Connor, but he wasn't even the main character in this movie, it was that other dude that didn't know if he was human or not.

Since when is the series supposed to be all about John Connor? I thought it was about the human race fighting/stopping Artificial Intelligence.

Bio-boosted is offline Member
    There was loads of action in this movie and great scenes, but i left thinking it was crap.
    Couple of bad continuity errors didn't help, but worst of all was the ending scene (in skynet).. i won't say it in case anyone hasn't seen this yet.. but what a total cock-up

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-boosted View Post
    There was loads of action in this movie and great scenes, but i left thinking it was crap.
    Couple of bad continuity errors didn't help, but worst of all was the ending scene (in skynet).. i won't say it in case anyone hasn't seen this yet.. but what a total cock-up
    If you remember in T1 Connor actually mentioned how they destroyed skynet. I didnt like that the enemy let them march right in, but hey its just a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    If you remember in T1 Connor actually mentioned how they destroyed skynet. I didnt like that the enemy let them march right in, but hey its just a movie.

I really disliked the Skynet main computer that Marcus spoke to. That was awful. There have been continuity errors, but that has been the way since the first movie. Each time the future is changed slightly. T1 was set in 1984, Sarah Connor successfully survives termination. T2 was set in 1996, with Skynet attacking humanity in 1997. Sarah and John successfully survive termination AND destroy all traces of past terminators and Dysons work. T3 is set in July 24, 2004. Judgement Day is only a day away as all Connor managed to do was delay it in the previous movie. T4, 2018. The T-800 model is revealed which apparantly arrives 10 years before the first one was meant to.

Because the whole series is based on Time Travel, the different Directors have been allowed to take deliberate liberties with continuity and can simply state that the future is just being rewritten slightly. If the end result is still Kyle Reece being sent back in time to 1984 and Connor being killed by the Terminator sent back in T3, then it's almost irrelivant how they get there as long as they "get there".

i was thinking that maybe they had set themselves up to get out of john connor's death in the rest of the series with this movie. Because the T-800 actually does stab connor through the chest and he would've died without the heart transplant, maybe they're leaving themselves open to manipulate the story hollywood style. eg the t800 did effectively kill john connor but marcus wright saved his life.

I agree with u flagg there have been contuinity errors and the skynet talking to marcus was a bit tacky, but i think helena bonham carter was a great choice to sort of play skynet(even though she was skynet replicating the doctor, helena bonnham has the cold kind of thorough iciness about her that suits a skynet personification.)

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Are you guys high? The movie sucked ass. NO character development, plot holes... this movie was poorly written to begin with and then poorly re-written after christian bale came on board and demanded massive rewrites to incorporate conner. In the original script john conner only appears at the end of the movie. The entire film was supposed to be about marcus and kyle reese. Bale came on board and wanted a bigger part. You could essentially take bale completely out of this movie and have it be the same movie. Another issue: this movie was supposed to be rated R, which would have made it much better. A PG-13 terminator movie?? Are you ****ing with me? Even the god awful 3rd one was an R. There was supposed to be f ucking, swearing, nudity, blood, and guts in this. I can list 50 reasons why this movie sucked. If you guys enjoyed it I'll bet you are all under the age of 25. This movie has good action and visual effects, that's it. If you don't agree it sucked just look at its box office against what it cost to produce. It's an epic fail.

I don't think I've ever seen a movie with so much action, that looked this good, with decent enough acting...that I was this completely bored with and didn't give a shit about at all.

That's the overarching critique of this movie for me: Zero investment in any of the characters. For Christ's sake, John Connor had a pregnant wife in the movie. Does anyone remember her name? Or anything she said? Or did? Why does she exist?

Numerous other problems for me,

-The biggest plot hole... this point is so obvious: WHY DIDN'T THE MACHINES KILL KYLE REESE? THEY TAKE THEIR PRIMARY TARGET AS A PRISONER AND LET HIM LIVE? WHY?!?! They kill Kyle, and John is never ****ing born. IN FACT THEY EVEN STATE THIS IN THE F UCKING MOVIE!!

- Marcus Wright, the entire concept is just retarded. And despite the fact that he was created by the machines, he had no real conflict with their programming at all? No dissonance? He just...decided that he was going to be human, and pulled the chip out of the back of his head? But this doesn't kill him? And this design feature was intentional?

-The cool thing about the fights in the other Terminator movies was that they were really more about delaying the inevitable. But apparently now it's a good idea to ENGAGE THEM IN HAND TO HAND COMBAT. But it's not big deal, because now they are programmed to toss humans aside, instead of, I don't know--TEARING THEM IN HALF?!

-The machine's vulnerability was his human heart. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Salvation is completely ****ing RIDDLED with plot holes and a never-ending suspension of disbelief. AND NOWHERE DOES THE MOVIE MAKE UP FOR THESE SHORTCOMINGS.

no character development? mate marcus wright went through the biggest learning curve throughout the movie. and development of other characters was sufficient for an action film. i knew about the extensive rewrites before i saw the movie and thought it was gonna be crap, but what i saw was the opposite.
    Plothole-f*ck yeah there were plot holes but all of the terminator movies have them. I remember rolling my eyes in T1 when the excuse for not bringing any weapons back in time was that only organic tissue could pass through the time machine-and the terminator could travel back because his metal interior was covered with skin. gimme a break. you have to suspend somewhat of your disbelief when you go into a terminator movie by nature of what they are. you probably chucked the movie after you had your first gripe with it and coudnt get back into it. but its a movie that you either love or hate. my twin brothers went and saw it and normally have a similar opinion on most everything-one hated it, one loved it.

-The cool thing about the fights in the other Terminator movies was that they were really more about delaying the inevitable. But apparently now it's a good idea to ENGAGE THEM IN HAND TO HAND COMBAT. But it's not big deal, because now they are programmed to toss humans aside, instead of, I don't know--TEARING THEM IN HALF?!

Actually that was a big point for me. the fights with the terminators in the other were much more deadly with the humans more vulnerable but these fights were more like the matrix with a terminator

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    t-4 sucked...end of thread

**** it I can keep going.......

- John Conner dives from an airborne helicopter into the raging sea, at night, with no scuba gear...... next scene cut to john sitting inside secret submarine base.... christ they might has well had him sipping a hot cocoa while they were at it.

- Blair Williams lets a terminator who she let infiltrate their camp GO because she had a touchy cuddle moment with him and he had saved her from a rape??? She is supposed to be a resistance fighter loyal to conner, with years of fighting these machines and she all of a sudden decides she wants to let one go? because she felt his heartbeat?? LOL!!!

- Kyle Reese's little sidekick character; completely useless. What was she? A prop girl? Someone needs a gun? Prop. Someone needs a bandaid? Prop. Someone needs a flair? Prop. I was half hoping this mute kid would at least grab a gun and start killing terminators along with everyone else. That would at least be cool. But no, she is completely useless.

- Common. What the f uck was he in this movie for? "Machines killed my brother." End of character.

- They found a secret radio frequency generator that disables any terminator it comes in contact with? And this just magically came about out of nowhere. No explanation. We found something to beat skynet, we won! YAY. Or not.....

- John Conner is not the f ucking leader of the resistance in this? He's a foot soldier?? Ok whatever. So now the actual commanding officer on the sub declares for them to annihilate skynet with this magical frequency generator and conner disobeys the order. Why??! It would have put an end to the f ucking war! That's what conner is all about. He would have sacrificed himself if it meant the end of sky net. But no, this ****en whiner goes on in his raspy batman voice: "IF WE STAY THE COURSE WE'RE DEAD, WE'RE ALL DEAD!" .... No, just YOU'RE ****ing dead. War over.

Argh... I can keep going.....

they should have put craig titus in the movie

no character development? mate marcus wright went through the biggest learning curve throughout the movie. and development of other characters was sufficient for an action film.
    Marcus Wright, where was his backstory? What was there for us to give any sort of s hit about what happened to him at the end? Nothing. He had a learning curve in the sense he found out he was a machine. That's it. I felt no amount of sorrow or empathy for his character at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild28 View Post
    Lol. that's awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Polska View Post

- John Conner dives from an airborne helicopter into the raging sea, at night, with no scuba gear...... next scene cut to john sitting inside secret submarine base.... christ they might has well had him sipping a hot cocoa while they were at it.

- Blair Williams lets a terminator who she let infiltrate their camp GO because she had a touchy cuddle moment with him and he had saved her from a rape??? She is supposed to be a resistance fighter loyal to conner, with years of fighting these machines and she all of a sudden decides she wants to let one go? because she felt his heartbeat?? LOL!!!

- Kyle Reese's little sidekick character; completely useless. What was she? A prop girl? Someone needs a gun? Prop. Someone needs a bandaid? Prop. Someone needs a flair? Prop. I was half hoping this mute kid would at least grab a gun and start killing terminators along with everyone else. That would at least be cool. But no, she is completely useless.

- Common. What the f uck was he in this movie for? "Machines killed my brother." End of character.

- They found a secret radio frequency generator that disables any terminator it comes in contact with? And this just magically came about out of nowhere. No explanation. We found something to beat skynet, we won! YAY. Or not.....

- John Conner is not the f ucking leader of the resistance in this? He's a foot soldier?? Ok whatever. So now the actual commanding officer on the sub declares for them to annihilate skynet with this magical frequency generator and conner disobeys the order. Why??! It would have put an end to the f ucking war! That's what conner is all about. He would have sacrificed himself if it meant the end of sky net. But no, this ****en whiner goes on in his raspy batman voice: "IF WE STAY THE COURSE WE'RE DEAD, WE'RE ALL DEAD!" .... No, just YOU'RE ****ing dead. War over.

-John Connor believed he had vital information for commands next decision-he asked was hq down there? yes. he said open the door and tell them to send divers. in a world where they can create artificial intelligence capable of creating an army of machines hellbent on human destruction i'm sure the hq sub would be able to find a man dropped in there vicinty. far fetched yes. in the context of the rest of the terminator world? not so much.

-blair williams doesn't suddenly feel his heartbeat an shes smitten, it is developed through the ensueing scenes and you can't tell me there was no believable connection between the two actors that grew. Second, looking at the terminators in T2 and T3 that john has grown up as knowing to be the terminators marcus wright was something completly different. I think blairs belief in him to not be the enemy is justifiable. if he was a genuine terminator he would've bitten connors face off when connor went face to face. blair sums it up when she says she has seen the enemy and he's nothing like them.

-The little girl with kyle reece helps justify what they are fighting for. she is the innocence that will eventually die if they don't stop this war.

-commons part-sh*t he played his bit part like any other bit part, do we require a life story on a minor character?

-the radio frequency was what hq had sent connor and his men into that underground base at the start to get. connor found that the machines were advancing technology quicker than what his mother had said they would eg:the early release of the T800 model aka Arnie, this information, combined with the fact that the terminators had blown up his squad in response to their infiltration of the base upped the stakes further and connor believed he had to know why hq sent them there.

-Connor's isn't a common foot soldier in this he has command of that base that they take marcus wright to. Connor's first interest is human lives. connor's biggest message to arnie in T2 was 'You can't go round killing people" to bomb skynet hq and kill all the human prisoners is not his mission. furthermore to kill his own father among those prisoners was not going to happen. considering the frequency was a fake, hq "stayed the course" and were dead. so i thought his advice was pretty apt.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    nice avy polska!

t-4 sucked...end of thread

Lol. great argument

jbm

did u end up seein the movie jbm? r u gonna contribute to the hate or love part of this thread?

jbm

jbm
    did u end up seein the movie jbm? r u gonna contribute to the hate or love part of this thread?
    Sorry bro! not yer been busy with my pregnant wife... hehe!

lol good excuse. do u know whether u've got a boy or a girl comin?

good call

jbm
    boy...
    my wife is due anytime this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Polska View Post

Point 1 - I'll concede that I thought it was ridiculous that he could dive into raging sea waters, not get dragged away by an under-current, and find the sub.

Point 2 - You have to remember, at this point no one (besides Connor and Katherine Brewster) had not encountered a cyborg before. Marcus Wright still looks very human to everyone else, dispite his implants and he still had a human heart. Humans will always put an anthropogenic likeness on things, and Marcus even himself doesn't believe he's a machine. If you want ridiculous, look at T2 and T3. Nothing dead/metalic can go back in time, yet somehow Skynet sends a T 1000 back AND a T-X back, both with liquid METAL coverings?? I thought nothing dead could go back, yet this is not ever explained..

Point 3 - As for Kyle Reeces sidekick, there are going to be 2 more movies. Prehaps her role will become more important/prominant in the later films.

Point 4 - Common? I dont know who you are talking about here.

Point 5 - There are many things that are never explained in any of the movies. Why not send a phase plasma gun back in time wrapped in skin? How does a liquid metal terminator get sent back in time? Why not send an army of terminators back in time? Why not send one Terminator back in time, stick him somewhere obscure like the Himalayas, so that's at least one CPU chip that can be used if other Terminators are destroyed. Why doesn't Skynet in the future just carry on nuking the planet, or block out the sun? Computers and machines are radiation proof, and dont need sunlight, unlike the majority of life on earth...and so on..

Point 6 - John Connor is not the leader at this point because the movie is set in 2018. By 2029 he has become the leader.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Quote Originally Posted by jbm View Post
    boy...
    my wife is due anytime this month.
    congrats, hopefully its name wont be John Connor... just to be safe, dont answer the door if any large men in dressed in shitty 80's punk clothes and has horrible acting shows up =)

jbm
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    congrats, hopefully its name wont be John Connor... just to be safe, dont answer the door if any large men in dressed in shitty 80's punk clothes and has horrible acting shows up =)
    thanks brother!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Point 1 - I'll concede that I thought it was ridiculous that he could dive into raging sea waters, not get dragged away by an under-current, and find the sub.

Point 2 - You have to remember, at this point no one (besides Connor and Katherine Brewster) had not encountered a cyborg before. Marcus Wright still looks very human to everyone else, dispite his implants and he still had a human heart. Humans will always put an anthropogenic likeness on things, and Marcus even himself doesn't believe he's a machine. If you want ridiculous, look at T2 and T3. Nothing dead/metalic can go back in time, yet somehow Skynet sends a T 1000 back AND a T-X back, both with liquid METAL coverings?? I thought nothing dead could go back, yet this is not ever explained..

Point 3 - As for Kyle Reeces sidekick, there are going to be 2 more movies. Prehaps her role will become more important/prominant in the later films.

Point 4 - Common? I dont know who you are talking about here.

Point 5 - There are many things that are never explained in any of the movies. Why not send a phase plasma gun back in time wrapped in skin? How does a liquid metal terminator get sent back in time? Why not send an army of terminators back in time? Why not send one Terminator back in time, stick him somewhere obscure like the Himalayas, so that's at least one CPU chip that can be used if other Terminators are destroyed. Why doesn't Skynet in the future just carry on nuking the planet, or block out the sun? Computers and machines are radiation proof, and dont need sunlight, unlike the majority of life on earth...and so on..

Point 6 - John Connor is not the leader at this point because the movie is set in 2018. By 2029 he has become the leader.
    let me clarify, it is a phase plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information