Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    Well that's some pretty closed-minded thinking right there, wouldn't you agree? I don't really believe in god, and I don't believe in ghosts, but I have no idea if I'm right or not. You are so sure of something that can't be proven.
    Science was not able to prove everything, so guy reproduced an NDE with a machine sending exact same brainwaves has someone who has an NDE, they put 5 people who had an NDE inside the machine and all 5 of them said that it was the exact same thing.

Now at the university in Montreal they study some people with NDE, after giving them an MRI they found that on part of the brain was not the same has before, was changed after the NDE.

Right there the life after death theory cannot be proven once more. Has for ghost well most people have a scary story, some sites have ghost sittings, are they real of not, i just dont know either.

Would be kind of nice to go elsewhere after your body dies, because life is really hard at some point and far from being a pic nic,

A long lasting vacation from everything.

bakie is offline Associate Member
    I was walking through a field with a couple of my friends on New years eve. It was around 25 degrees out and we were at a road that was supposedly haunted. While we walked down the hill into a gully and when we started back up the hill we were hit by a strong gust of wind that felt like it was 80 degrees. It stayed there for about 10 seconds and then dropped back to the temp it was at. We all felt it, but then again... Other things may have been apart of this.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I don't believe in God, Heaven or Hell so naturally I don't believe in an afterlife.

I find it hillarious, that ghosts simply MUST BE dead people! Where has humanity got that idea from? Oh yeah, religion...

I have heard of some freaky things and have personally witnessed some freaky things. Im very scientifically minded with a logical outlook to most things in life. As for what ghosts are...I don't know. But I do believe they will be explained by science one day. Prehaps Ghosts are just people seeing images on different wavelengths of the EM spectrum. Prehaps they are life forms. Who knows.

seriousmass is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    Well that's some pretty closed-minded thinking right there, wouldn't you agree? I don't really believe in god, and I don't believe in ghosts, but I have no idea if I'm right or not. You are so sure of something that can't be proven.
    Close-minded? Seriously? Because I don't believe in ghosts?

90% of the people who report these "ghost-sightings" suffer from some psychological disorder..

the other 10% are just tricking themselves into believing what they saw was real. The problem is the brain is extremely complex, and one of things it inherently tells us to do is to prove ourselves right: aka the confirmation bias theory. If someone believes they saw something enough, no method of persuasion will EVER break their thinking. Also, the human brain has the amazing ability of creating illusions, even when you're in a conscious state.

Like I said before: if you looked at EVERY single case of ghost sightings, on an individual basis, and broke down the every detail of the situation, anything can be explained and fallacies WILL be exposed.
    Last edited by seriousmass; 06-07-2009 at 04:21 PM.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

I don't believe in anything supernatural,anything you can't explain is just that,something YOU can't explain. That doesn't make it supernatural it just means you don't know what happened.

seriousmass is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocketbattleship2B View Post
    I don't believe in anything supernatural,anything you can't explain is just that,something YOU can't explain. That doesn't make it supernatural it just means you don't know what happened.
    exactly. all it means is we do not have the technology / insight to explain it yet. lol.

Chopperbox is offline Associate Member
    I am scared of ghost due to the scary movies that i saw when i was like 8 or 9 to this day cant really watch scary movies alone. If its a scary movie with some crazy ass killer i can deal with that but all the crazy ghosts that i cant physically stop i believe in and am afraid! Need to do a cycle or two on witchcraft....

BuffThaStuff is offline Associate Member
    Ghosts do exist...and they watch you masterbate

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffThaStuff View Post
    Ghosts do exist...and they watch you masterbate
    I wish they would help my arm is getting tired.....

TheBerryhillMonster is offline Associate Member
    never believe in ghosts lol.

BuffThaStuff is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prone2rage View Post
    I wish they would help my arm is getting tired.....
    Not a switch hitter?

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    I used to believe there is no ghost but after watching Ghost by Demi Moore my belief changed!
    Last edited by jbm; 06-08-2009 at 04:25 AM.

bushido3374 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    you were anal probed?

LMFAO!! If I was, I wouldn't admit it on this forum!

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffThaStuff View Post
    Not a switch hitter?
    my fuvking left is out of control keep hitting myself in the balls.....

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    im pagan bro.. we breath supernatural!!!!!

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Mine was when I blew my first load while jerking off in the bath tab when I was 12. I thought an alien had been ejected from the end of my penis !!

J431S is offline Banned
    I don't believe in ghosts or other coincendental events called supernatural, but I have had few small dreams that have happened or come true in my life. Believe me not, it happened the way I dreamt it.
    Last edited by J431S; 06-08-2009 at 04:37 AM.

vpchill is offline "Born to lose, Dying to win"
    Quote Originally Posted by seriousmass View Post
    Dude this is the kind of stupid sh*t thinking that religious fanatics use to "prove" their belief in God.

Obviously something else scared your dog. Have you ever even taken the time to think about situational variables that could have affected this outcome?

GHOSTS are NOT real. It's the most illogical, unscientific conception out there. Science explains and gives reason to everything. If you actually spent enough time dissecting everyone's "ghost" stories you could EASILY find fallacies in their tales.

I'm sorry for sounding like an existentialist (google it if you don't know the word), but I just can't stand this "what-if" thinking. It's bullsh*t, and just plain stupid.

Thats your Opinion. It also has been said that animals can sense the supernatural. I wont get all religious and all that. The topic was supernatural experience and I posted mine. It never happened again, but as I said my dog was vicious yet he was scared as shvt that nite. Eda or (Google if you dont know the word) Dont insult me. You read a dictionary doesnt make you a genius. Thanx for your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by vpchill View Post
    Thats your Opinion. It also has been said that animals can sense the supernatural. I wont get all religious and all that. The topic was supernatural experience and I posted mine. It never happened again, but as I said my dog was vicious yet he was scared as shvt that nite. Eda or (Google if you dont know the word) Dont insult me. You read a dictionary doesnt make you a genius. Thanx for your opinion.

Most animals have at least one sense superior to ours, in the case of a cat or dog, smell and hearing. Before I've seen my cats snap their heads round and stare at an empty space. It's just the animal picking up something we cant see or smell or hear, like a noise from outside or something. I don't disbelieve in ghosts, but I dont necessarily believe them to be something devine or supernatural. It's an unexplained phenomena that science will one day explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Most animals have at least one sense superior to ours, in the case of a cat or dog, smell and hearing. Before I've seen my cats snap their heads round and stare at an empty space. It's just the animal picking up something we cant see or smell or hear, like a noise from outside or something. I don't disbelieve in ghosts, but I dont necessarily believe them to be something devine or supernatural. It's an unexplained phenomena that science will one day explain.

Thats a great way to put it, I totally agree. I have no proof that there is supernatural I only told my story of what I felt was somthing Beyond my understanding.

Thats a great way to put it, I totally agree. I have no proof that there is supernatural I only told my story of what I felt was somthing Beyond my understanding.
    I agree that there are very strange things in the world. I remember I was up once late at night last year doing some work at about 1am in the morning. Now I was the only person in the house, and very clearly on the sofa next to me I hear a cough. It sounded very human. The first thing I did was check behind the sofa to see if it had been a cat, no cats. I've never been able to explain what that was. Maybe I was just tired and my mind was day dreaming, but it was a very weird, freaky occurance.

Edit: I just read your story. As frightening as that experience was, im always fascinated by stories like this. Whatever it was, it must have been very real for your pets to react like that. Have you ever seen the film, The Entity. It was supposedly based on a true story of a woman who was being physically abused by an unseen force. People thought she was crazy at first until other eye witnesses saw what was happening. Some paranormal scientists have deduced that if things like ghosts exist, and they can make noises or move objects, they must have some form of physical mass to be able to do it.
    Last edited by Flagg; 06-08-2009 at 07:47 AM.

Blog Entries
    when i think about this semi-scientificly, arnt our souls or life force or whatever you want to call it that makes us live energy? if so isnt there a sientific law of nature that says energy can neither be created nor destroyed it just recycles from one form to another.so when i think about an after-life or goasts or whatever this makes me belive when we die our "energy" moves on to something or someplace else.just throwing that out there.......

Flagg you took the words out my mouth.. Entity was crazy.. The Book and Movie. Yes It was said to be a true story with actual documentation of the event.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    when i think about this semi-scientificly, arnt our souls or life force or whatever you want to call it that makes us live energy? if so isnt there a sientific law of nature that says energy can neither be created nor destroyed it just recycles from one form to another.so when i think about an after-life or goasts or whatever this makes me belive when we die our "energy" moves on to something or someplace else.just throwing that out there.......

Yep, it's the First Law of Thermodynamics that states: Energy can neither be created, nor destroyed.

The second law states that energy can change form from one to another, but heat can be lost as a result.

Flagg you took the words out my mouth.. Entity was crazy.. The Book and Movie. Yes It was said to be a true story with actual documentation of the event.

I didn't realise there was a book. Was it based on the film or the real life events? Im planning to stock up on some reading material this summer and that sounds like something i'll have a butchers at.

I didn't realise there was a book. Was it based on the film or the real life events? Im planning to stock up on some reading material this summer and that sounds like something i'll have a butchers at.

Yes Brother. It was before the Movie. Entity (Same name as movie) Im not sure but I believe was written by one of the researches who were there. Its amazing how descriptive it is. I read that back in 92'.

I was trying to post the Link. The Book sells on Amazon for $1.99.. They are doing a remake movie coming out 2010.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    I just read choke by chuck palahniuk. I would thought it was really good.

I was trying to post the Link. The Book sells on Amazon for $1.99.. They are doing a remake movie coming out 2010.
    Cool, i'll check it out. A remake of the Entity, damn its all about remakes at the moment! What's with doing these remakes of classics. The end of that movie is so chilling when she's in her new house and that door slams and the Entity speaks to her. I just dont see how that could be recreated to be as chilling as that was back then.

Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter View Post
    I just read choke by chuck palahniuk. I would thought it was really good.
    Yeah i've read his FightClub which I loved. I've got Choke I think somewhere, that or one of his other books that i havent got stuck into yet. Want to get Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy as well.

Cool, i'll check it out. A remake of the Entity, damn its all about remakes at the moment! What's with doing these remakes of classics. The end of that movie is so chilling when she's in her new house and that door slams and the Entity speaks to her. I just dont see how that could be recreated to be as chilling as that was back then.

Yeah i've read his FightClub which I loved. I've got Choke I think somewhere, that or one of his other books that i havent got stuck into yet. Want to get Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy as well.
    choke was better then fight club imo

Ok so not sure if that fits the bill or not but here it goes.

Back in 2002, me and my ex girlfriend had just moved into our new house, we had 2 cats and a big brown labrador dog.

I was watching tv downstairs, both my cats kept stairing at the wall on the other room moving there heads, i was like what the hell, i got up and opened the light check that room from top to bottom, no bugs, no lights on the wall nothing?????, cats kept stairing like crazy?

The dog was in her cage upstairs that same night, in the middle of the night she stood up and stared barking like crazy at the wall, i got up running in the next room and check everything out, there was nothing in the room? but she kept barking like crazy at the wall.

After that incident nothing of the same matter happened, can i explain this well no i cant but i do think its weird that all of this happened in the same night.

Summer 1989 my grand father had passed away a week before, i loved him like a father, i was in french class, and i felt something grabbing me and shaking me like crazy, i was in a panic and turned around look at the guy behind me and say, hey you finish, he didnt do nothing??? gave me that WTF look, after that again i was shaken i said stop go away and everything went back to normal.

Theses are 2 of the weardest things that happened to me yet, i am not mental, i am not making this thing up.

So far i have met so called psychic and they where full of it, got my future predicted that was funny has hell.

My mother and grand mother told me about this old women back in the 60 who gave free readings, she never took money for them and everything she said came true, spookie stuff, she never ever wanted to read for my grand father she said she felt a lot of sickness in him, that was true my grand father had a very hard life, cancer, and a lot more.

Has i said for what its worth that is what happened to me, not sure if science can explain this, but has far has spirituality goes its completely different.

Flagg, Wut about the part where shes at her friends house and they are about to go out. It gets quiet then All the Windows blow out!! That scene was amazing. Yea its all about Remakes man. No new ideas I guess.

I have just ran into somethings that cant be explained and my area has alot of history in it lots of native american stuff and what not. I am not saying its ghost but at this time I cant explain some of it. I can say I had one encounter which I am sure was my fathers way of saying hello.

J431S is offline Banned
    I don't believe in witches
    by Ambika_subash

The moon was lost behind a cloud,
    When something weird went by,
    I tried to see it going,
    It flew so fast and high,
    I don't believe in witches,
    But that is what I saw,
    Sailing high up in the sky
    On a broom stick made of straw.

The stars were gone,
    The night was dark,
    When something strange took place,
    I could not quite believe it,
    There was a gruesome face.

I don't believe in zombies,
    But that is what I saw,
    A skeleton with corpse-like face,
    I viewed it with awe.

Blog Entries
    I've had sleep paralysis. The whole old hag syndrome.

Not really ghosts though. Only happened once. Weird

Blog Entries
    What is it about the thought of supernatural things that intrigues people so much? I should say alleged supernatural things. Maybe it’s not intrigue. Maybe it’s something else…

People are intellectually lazy! Why do people believe in the supernatural? ESP, psychics, Astrology, ghosts, etc? Because it’s easy to just say that something is caused by supernatural forces, rather than to actually think about things, to do a little research or even perform an experiment… to actually find out what the cause of something is. It’s really not that hard.

I want to talk about ghosts for now. What are ghosts? Or, what do people purport ghosts to be? Basically, what survives of our soul or spirit (whatever you want to call it) after we die. Okay. Let’s take a look at just what this would imply.

In order for something to exist, it has to consist of something. To start with, everything consists of atoms. From there, we know that atoms emit energy. And energy has certain limits, as does matter, or atoms. The first thing we know for certain is that one object cannot pass through another object and retain its original form. There is a certain topic in quantum mechanics called “quantum tunneling” which deals with this very topic. The quantum tunneling principle basically says that it may be possible for the energy from an object, namely on the atomic level – not automobiles or people, may pass through another object.

It follows that if ghosts are real, in that they consist of matter, then they cannot pass through walls. It is physically impossible.

The next topic to deal with are the claims that people make that ghosts throw objects, move chairs, open and close doors, etc. These claims make believers chose one or the other. Either ghosts are physical beings, or they are not. Either they consist of atoms, or they don’t. We know this is true because in order for a ghost to move or throw anything, or to turn a door handle, friction is required. And friction is caused by two surfaces working against each other. Simple physics… not to be confused with psychics.

Because friction is required, then any claim that a ghost caused some object to move locks one into saying that a ghost is a solid object, or that at least it is atomic in structure and is in some phase of matter, i.e. solid, liquid or gas… probably not plasma. And if this is the case, then the ghost could not “become invisible” unless it was bound by specific temperatures. Meaning, whatever material the ghost consisted of has a particular temperature at which it changes states of matter – boils, melts, evaporates, etc. And the way to make the ghost visible is to simply change its form from a gas to a solid… to simply lower the temperature to make its material “solid.” And with everything we know about matter, if you were to bring an actual human being to its boiling point… well, you know what would happen.

To say that the ghost is not a solid or physical object totally goes against everything that we know about science. If one claims that a ghost is not made of matter, or atoms, then it totally throws out the possibility of its existence. Everything we know about energy and matter totally contradicts this theory. In order to interact with reality, it has to consist of something. And if these alleged ghosts do consist of something other than any kind of matter or energy that we know of, then they do not even enter into our reality. They cannot interact with us on any possible level and are outside the realm of science. The most one could say, in this situation, is that they were agnostic in terms of belief in ghosts, because they would be neither visible, nor noticeable in any circumstance. They could neither show themselves to us, nor could they interact with any object in order to “show us a sign.” They would be likened to the pink Unicorn on the dark side of the Moon. No one is there to see it, and it doesn’t effect us in any way, so whether or not there is a pink Unicorn on the dark side of the Moon means nothing to us.

So what do we do? Do we rewrite every book on science, physics and biology to support the wild claims of a few people who have never actually proven any in any scientific way? Or, do we simply disregard these claims as the result of the inner workings of these people’s imaginations, and rely on thousands of years of human observation, and hundreds of years of compounded, unrefuted scientific knowledge? You tell me.

Then we come to these “Ghost Hunter” shows on television. These people are, to start with, not scientists. They say so themselves. They have an agenda. To prove that ghosts do, in fact, exist. Any evidence that points in any other direction is disregarded. And look at the equipment they bring to these sites: Geiger counters, Infrared surface thermometers. Are they looking for nuclear fallout? They wave that stupid Infrared surface thermometer around wildly and say, “Look, the temperature is constantly changing.” Yeah, no kidding. You don’t know how to use that thing. It’s for measuring the temperature of a solid surface, not for waving around the room like a magic wand. Of course you’re going to get odd readings.

The main problem is that they never actually do any real scientific research. The first main component in scientific research is hypothesis testing. Say, for example, you believe there might be ghosts in a certain location. Ok. So what are these ghosts purportedly doing? Moving an object around the room? Making the temperature change? Well, design an experiment that aims to disprove that theory. That’s how the Scientific Method works. You don’t start with a conclusion and look for every bit of evidence that supports that claim, then disregard anything that doesn’t support it. It’s the same thing with “Creation Scientists.” They want to prove that God created everything, so that’s the only evidence they look for. When they see that biology and genetics prove that people evolved from other forms of life, they throw that evidence away because they aren’t interested in the truth. They want to prove that “God did it.”

In this way, the Scientific Method doesn’t work for ghost hunters. These guys go in there with a whole bunch of crap they bought at Radio Shack, stuff that isn’t designed to “detect ghosts.” Then they go through looking for things they can’t explain. Like why they get electromagnetic readings when they’re in a room with an electrical panel. Hmmm… I wonder why? Could it be that there is electricity in the room? Then, in the true scientific spirit, instead of trying to figure out what caused the strange occurrence (say, for example, having the electric company shut off the power to the house, and then performing another reading), they simply assume it was a ghost causing these readings. How intellectually lazy these people are. It’s nonsense.

Then there are people who claim to have had very real experiences which include things such as a ghost attacking them, accompanied by the feeling of paralysis, being unable to breathe, etc. These experiences are very vivid to those who have them.

These experiences are easily explained. Here is a link to a study on the topic, although this study was done on those who claimed to be abducted by UFOs. But the situations are similar enough to note this study. Both are relatively similar experiences.

Basically, what happens is when one falls asleep, there is a part of the brain stem that paralyzes the body once you enter REM sleep. This happens so that you don’t act out your dreams. The frightening thing that can happen is that the sleeping person wakes up, but this part of the brain stem fails to release its paralyzing effect on the body. The person cannot move, possibly has a very difficult time breathing, and also possibly is still experiencing the dream they were having. It’s called a waking dream, and the person experiencing it is totally convinced that what is happening in their mind is happening in reality.

The basic point that I want to make is that instead of immediately jumping to the supernatural conclusion, try doing some experimentation to actually discover what really caused what you claim to be ghost activity. You’ll be surprised at what a little research will reveal.

Do some research and read a book.

http://godkillzyou.wordpress.com/2007/07/20/189/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information