Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member

The First Human Trials For Myostatin Released!

Earlier this month, the first human trials for myostatin inhibitors were published, revealing promising results. The study examined the effects of MYO-029, which is a recombinant human antibody that binds with a high affinity to myostatin and inhibits its activity.3 This myostatin-neutralizing antibody has previously been shown to increase muscle mass in mice by approximately 30 percent over three months.4 The study enrolled 136 subjects with various forms of muscular dystrophy. The subjects were randomized to three groups of MYO-029 dose escalation: group 1 received 1mg/kg; group 2 received 3mg/kg; and group 3 received 10mg/kg. Within each cohort, subjects were randomly assigned to receive the test drug or placebo. MYO-029 was administered intravenously every two weeks for six months (total of 13 doses). After the last dose, subjects were followed for three months. In this first-ever study of a myostatin inhibitor, the primary objective was safety. MYO-029 was well tolerated in the group of people with muscular dystrophies. No target-related side effects were identified to skeletal, smooth, or cardiac muscle. The most significant adverse events reported were skin reactions. Muscle mass was found to increase by approximately 2.4 percent in the 3mg/kg cohort; additionally there was a dose-dependent increase in fiber diameter in the 3 and 10mg/kg groups. The disappointing result of the study was that there were no increases in strength by the myostatin inhibitor. The myostatin drug seemed to have good tolerability at lower dosages, but at higher dosages many subjects experienced adverse skin reactions. The most exciting aspect of the study was that there were no adverse effects on the heart!

(MD)

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    sign me up

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    i'll be a guinea pig......... i wish i could do these trials

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Yeah the strength stuff has been seen in a few other studies. Which is disappointing to say the least. Frankly I am interested in the exact mechanism for why this would be true. If indeed this is increasing the diameter of the contractile proteins then there should also be a similar effect on strength too.

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    ^^yea, u would think so would u?? weird..

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i would do that....sign a brother up

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Thanks for the info Immortal..... i've been looking forward to these studies for a while. I didn't know it had to be given by IV...... i wonder if some of the myostatin inhibitors sold by certain labs we know are even real..... and if they are..... im assuming they would have to be given by IV..... not big on that.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Thanks for the info Immortal..... i've been looking forward to these studies for a while. I didn't know it had to be given by IV...... i wonder if some of the myostatin inhibitors sold by certain labs we know are even real..... and if they are..... im assuming they would have to be given by IV..... not big on that.

~Haz~
    I HIGHLY doubt any lab makes a legit mysostatin inhibitor, I mean they would need to get the formula down (which would require a lab and chemists) and test it before selling, I mean consider S-4 which is supposed to be the "new generation" HRT that will take over test injections for pharmacuetical companies. Only one guy sells the legit formula and it took him several years to get it right.

Right now certain pharmacuetical companies have a monopoly on this product, (I think only 1-2 companies are even testing myostatin inhibitors) you have to understand that this is an antibody designed to bind and deactivate myostatin in the body.

And IV injections might not be that bad since you only have to do it once every two weeks, maybe for bodybuilding purposes it would be two times every two weeks.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    sweet

ray0414 is offline Member
    what about my old juiced protein from pinnacle with the myozap stuff?? lol i thought that stuff already did have myostatin inhibibitors :P

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    The place i know of is selling it as a myostatin inhibitor..... and it costs A LOT LOLOLOL - injectible ofcoarse..... I wouldn't waste the money but jsut food for thought

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

peptideguy12 is offline New Member
    http://www.abnova.com/products/produ...7&PageID=1#loc

Is this the stuff? I hope I'm not breaking any rules but it's legal so I didn't think it would be a problem. forgive me if I'm wrong

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    5.136 lbs of lean new muscle in 6 months..?? with no adverse effects on the heart..

lower doses worked well..

yep.. sign me up for sure too..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    I cant wait till that shit fvckn hits the streets man ill sell my car to get six months worth lmao

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    pics?????

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Nice... news!

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    WOOT!

I'm soo happy that human testing has finally been done!

I'm signing up too

Thread Information