Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member

When is violence the answer

If you look at recent events like the Iranian protests as a starting point, is violence an answer to a long term problem? Is it necessary to overthrow the regime of a dictoral tyrant?

It seems as if the only time non violent methods can work is when the ruling class are shamed out of power for a series of heinous crimes...easier said than done.

I hear a lot of people talking about "having a revolution" within the West, but is that even possible in todays modern society? Today is radically different to the times of the French Revolution or the American War of Independence, especially where the ruling class can go to lengths of high alltitude bombing to crush any and all resistance.

Does violence merely begat more violence? Are we forever going to find ways to kill each other?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I think instead of violence we all need more sex.

Iron_Pig is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I think instead of violence we all need more sex.
    Violence Sex

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^^ violence sex?? dont you mean violent sex?? lol...

I think violence is needed to overthrow a mad dictator : Hitler, Saddam, Napolean, you know anyone bent on taking over the world

AND !!

When you need to protect you, and your family from some random act of violence protrayed upon yourselves !! i.e.- a girl gettin raped, or a dude trying to rob you in a grocery store parking lot, or some loser breaking into your humble abode to harm you or your family or to steal your stuff !!

Thats my take on it !!

Dancer is offline Anabolic Member
    Voilence is never needed... Well there was the need to end WWII and WWI and ok ok... Preemptively sticking your nose in some one else's ass prob not a good idea... To react to an act of violence (WWII) with violence prob a good idea...

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancer View Post
    Voilence is never needed... Well there was the need to end WWII and WWI and ok ok... Preemptively sticking your nose in some one else's ass prob not a good idea... To react to an act of violence (WWII) with violence prob a good idea...
    In My Opinion...It is Needed.. But that's the greatest thing about OPINIONS... We are all entitled to one.

I know where you are coming from.. VIOLENCE is not a good thing.. It is never cool to take another human life.. but as with everything there is extenuating circumstances.

Dancer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deuce View Post
    In My Opinion...It is Needed.. But that's the greatest thing about OPINIONS... We are all entitled to one.

I know where you are coming from.. VIOLENCE is not a good thing.. It is never cool to take another human life.. but as with everything there is extenuating circumstances.

Okay I give in... WHEN I AM ON TREN ... and LACK of restful SLEEP...

TITANIUM is offline “SIS PACIS INSTRUO PRO BELLUM”
    Blog Entries
    I think that,society itself, thinks that it is too evolved to engage in violence.It would be a great world to live in if there was no violence.But, it would seem that it is part of the human species to destroy itself,or each other.Dictators,presidents,and rulers, who have money and power,want to control people that don't.They want to transform it into what they perceived as right.Not necessarily what the people want.To answer your question, I would have to say yes, sometimes violence is needed.It has been going on since man has evolved.And man will continue on the same path.History repeats itself.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    my problem is for the last 40 plus years, we go into situation with our hands tied, meaning we are not at war but at making peace..Afgan===We go in start kicking ass now we step back and rebuild for what they are going to fuvk it up once we step out of the country....Iraq====same fuvking story....

I SAY IF WE ARE GOING TO SEND OUR SONS, BROTHERS, SISTERS OFF TO A FOREIGN COUNTRY AND PUT THEMSELVES IN HARMS WAY...WE KILL EVERY MOTHER FUVKER THAT GET IN OUR WAY.......
    STOP MAKE US FIGHT WITH OUR HANDS BEHIND OUR BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Quote Originally Posted by prone2rage View Post
    my problem is for the last 40 plus years, we go into situation with our hands tied, meaning we are not at war but at making peace..Afgan===We go in start kicking ass now we step back and rebuild for what they are going to fuvk it up once we step out of the country....Iraq====same fuvking story....

I SAY IF WE ARE GOING TO SEND OUR SONS, BROTHERS, SISTERS OFF TO A FOREIGN COUNTRY AND PUT THEMSELVES IN HARMS WAY...WE KILL EVERY MOTHER FUVKER THAT GET IN OUR WAY.......
    STOP MAKE US FIGHT WITH OUR HANDS BEHIND OUR BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    And it's "every mother****er there" that wants to kill us as well. See how that becomes a neverending cycle...?

Prehaps though this post answers the thread. That humans only believe violence to be an answer to solve large scale problems. Im no peacenik, but when is enough, enough?

thai-lan is offline Member
    VIOLENCE is NEEDED when you wait on skinny motherfvckers that do empty barbell curls on squat rack !!! and its needed even more after they say they have 5more sets to go
    Last edited by thai-lan; 06-23-2009 at 01:25 PM.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    I only use violence when she says no....

Thunder Monkey is offline Junior Member
    Violence = When negotiations fail

CptAmericaX is offline Member
    Violence is always needed, or else you end up having every rule that makes sence changed 1 by 1 by some hippy F*k or some criminal who breaks into your house slips on your step and hen sues u.

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    only the dead have seen the end of war

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    And it's "every mother****er there" that wants to kill us as well. See how that becomes a neverending cycle...?

Prehaps though this post answers the thread. That humans only believe violence to be an answer to solve large scale problems. Im no peacenik, but when is enough, enough?
    the truth in my eyes is enough is enough when we are all dead...but remember it is not the soldiers that start wars they just fight and win them....

Quote Originally Posted by quarry206 View Post
    very very sad, but true...

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    We are naturally violent, to think we are anything otherwise is foolish.

BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member
    When you see a fat mom and a fat dad with there 2 fat kids at the kentucky fried chicken and they are over eating greasy, gravy covered fat food, and drinking pop.....
    Violence is the answer. Extream violence.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    violence is the very very last resort!

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    We are naturally violent, to think we are anything otherwise is foolish.
    Greed is a part of violence .
    As long as Man lives in a monetary society and not a resource society we will always have violence and crime .
    We have enough technology to solve almost any problem .

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    When you catch your wife sleeping with another man thats when you oj simpson their ass.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dontwannabold View Post
    Greed is a part of violence .
    As long as Man lives in a monetary society and not a resource society we will always have violence and crime .
    We have enough technology to solve almost any problem .
    There was violence long before money. Money is merely another form of resource. There was fighting and violence over a fresh kills when we were still hunter/gathers.

kojak_x is offline Associate Member
    Violence is a natural human reaction. Im love to plant my boot on Madoff's head while applying pressure on his head and the concrete. That would make me feel great. "truly" Mabey then the others might realize it might be a bad idea to steal from the hardworking man. Its makes me truly sad when I hear that a man/women has been working all there life only to have everything they have worked for taken away by greed.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    There was violence long before money. Money is merely another form of resource. There was fighting and violence over a fresh kills when we were still hunter/gathers.
    That is pre-historic man .
    Current man has enough food and medical capabilities to care for the world .
    I should have said violence doesn't have to be the answer with technology and education . Therefore NEVER !

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

Quote Originally Posted by dontwannabold View Post
    That is pre-historic man .
    Current man has enough food and medical capabilities to care for the world .
    I should have said violence doesn't have to be the answer with technology and education . Therefore NEVER !

I agree with this. Surely we are not cave men anymore, I mean we're not living in the dark ages either. We are culturally, intellectually and technologically superior to anything like we were even 200 years ago, yet we seem to perpetuate violence as some sort of answer for anything. What's the point in attempting to better ourselves if we just resort back to baser instincts?

Quote Originally Posted by quarry206 View Post
    Was the quote I used in a speach for a friend of myne who I lost 2 tours ago

chicmagnet is offline Senior Member
    An eye for an eye!

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CptAmericaX View Post
    Was the quote I used in a speach for a friend of myne who I lost 2 tours ago
    I think its a good quote (plato isn't it??)

I think people forget that violence, war, anger have been around since man first walked the earth. So for people to think it will stop are sadly mistaken. I love being in war zone, kicking down doors stuff like that. Its a rush, but at the same time we all have to realize its an actual sad fact of life that we are even doing it. but war will never stop its just a sad fact of life, people will never stop hating others or wanting what they have.

I couldnt agree more, and yah it was plato. That gets me so angry when I see anti military raleys on a tuesday evening, its like go get a f*king job, and lets see how you would be living without us, I hate hippies so much its insane. I dont think its a sad fact of life, look at bears who have there Land, a brown bear has a 50 squar mile area where he will fight other bears who try coming in, humans did the same thing but in tribes. And like you said I love being in a war zone, so do I thats the biggest rush of your life it has its downs but man when you have your ups its the sh*T!

CBGB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjpennnn View Post
    When you catch your wife sleeping with another man thats when you oj simpson their ass.
    When you find out your wife has been with five guys at the same time?

Thread Information