operationgetbig is offline Senior Member

working out with new tattoo

i had an old tattoo touched up today and i was wondering how long you wait till you start working out again or if you wait at all?

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i wouldnt worry about it i think you'll be fine

operationgetbig is offline Senior Member
    i get kinda crazy pumps in my arms when i lift. this is my only concern. as long as its moisturized it shouldnt be a problem tho right?

CHAP is offline Anabolic Member
    Touch up .. I wouldnt worry.

Id be carful of skin stretching to mutch if on cycle though

sizerp is offline Banned
    I have two sleaves and a backpiece. Don't worry about stretching from pumps. Just make sure you keep it cleaned - wash your tattoo gently 3-4 times a day if possible. Let it kinda air dry - or pat it dry - don't rub.

You want it to peel on it's own, so put a VERY light amount of currel on it, or you can use baby oil - just can't stress enough how LIGHTLY you should apply it. You don't wait it gobbed on there, the ink will bleed out. Anyway, GL man.

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    hey man im actually a tattoo artist..and i can pretty much gaurentee you your tattoo will be fine if its just a touch up. how big is it? does it wrap around? just make sure it doesnt dry out. sizerp is pretty much exactly right about everything however i recommend some vitamin E ointment. any ointment is going to work better then a cream or oil because it takes longer to obsorb and keeps the tattoo moist and medicated and shit. keeping you tattoo clean is huge too. any time you are re-applying ointment make sure you wash your hands, then wash your tattoo gently. i dont know how heavy your artists hand is, or how well you heal, but if it gets scabby, and feels tight when you move your arm, i would give it a few days before you hit arms directly. i mean on top of serious weight lifters ive tattoo'd alot of construction workers and other guys who have jobs that puts thier bodys (and skin) under alot of stress every day and as long as people follow thier aftercare instructions thier shit heals good.

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    double post.

Thread Information