Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    Yes We Can!
    Lmao!

monkeyman33 is offline Associate Member
    Whoever wants to hate go ahead, but just because I'm very educated and decide to waist some of my valuable time here talking to you guys does not make me stupid regardless if you agree with my opinions or not, I like the dialogue. If you call have two bachelor degrees from a really good school stupid then you need to rethink of what you should call yourself there buddy. Anyways, Obama is gay and that is all I wanted to say along with cash for "clunkers" which is another entitlement program that the president feels for some reason just has to be done at this moment. This program does nothing more but give people an excuse who have for no other reason have business buying a new car the reason to do so, and this is justified in their minds buy the government telling everyone to get on this deal before it is gone even though this "free" money is coming straight from you and your neighbors taxes. Getting in on cash for clunkers is nothing to brag about that is for sure.
    Last edited by monkeyman33; 08-03-2009 at 04:48 PM.

yo big sexy. how bout this below

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman33 View Post
    Whoever wants to hate go ahead, but just because I'm very educated and decide to waist some of my valuable time here talking to you guys does not make me stupid regardless if you agree with my opinions or not, I like the dialogue. If you call have two bachelor degrees from a really good school stupid then you need to rethink of what you should call yourself there buddy. Anyways, Obama is gay and that is all I wanted to say along with cash for "clunkers" which is another entitlement program that the president feels for some reason just has to be done at this moment. This program does nothing more but give people an excuse who have for no other reason have business buying a new car the reason to do so, and this is justified in their minds buy the government telling everyone to get on this deal before it is gone even though this "free" money is coming straight from you and your neighbors taxes. Getting in on cash for clunkers is nothing to brag about that is for sure.

You might want to go look up the definition of a comma (,) It could aid you in future arguments.

okay there mr. punctuation. I do not come on here to write correctly or spell check or anything else of that nature. I write quickly and what I think without checking because all that matters in the end is that my point comes across and resonates clearly. Anyways, I will not be like others here and bash back anymore it just is not fun.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    okay there mr. punctuation. I do not come on here to write correctly or spell check or anything else of that nature. I write quickly and what I think without checking because all that matters in the end is that my point comes across and resonates clearly. Anyways, I will not be like others here and bash back anymore it just is not fun.
    Its ok I have 3 degrees and I cant spell nessicary.....neccicary....necessary, there we go. I cant spell it to save my life.

ray0414 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blome View Post
    I'm not sure how true that is. To be eligible for the program, you also have to be in a position of buying a brand new car, which indicates having at least several thousand dollars of expendable income (of course this program also incentivizes accruence of debt which introduces a set of new problems).

Generally, people who neglect the bare minimum service on their vehicle (tires, brakes, oil, etc) are only doing so because of a lack of money or other factors have priority over the vehicle (children, mortgage, food, etc.). This program would not help them. Of course, there are exceptions where people just don't care about their car, but that is not the majority. Typically, if someone is literally driving a 'clunker,' it would indicate to me at least, they are not in a position of buying a new car.
    I agree 100% and it is correct. U have to be in the position to buy a new car anyways, so hes helping people who probably dont need the help anyways, and then putting them even farther into debt with a new car purchase. So their plan to fix the economy is by creating more debt?? well, if it does anything its merely a bandaid on a gun shot, a bazooka shot lol

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessDreams View Post
    I thought they blocked the sale of hummer???

On June 26, 2009 Chinese state radio announced that the bid by Sichuan Tengzhong to buy Hummer would be blocked on environmental grounds..

That is the last I heard so I wasnt sure if it was sold..
    I think you're correct. That was more of a facetious explanation of what would happen with the cars.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Politics is one thing in life I could give 2 shits about.

Like seriously, how can people have SO MUCH to say about a topic, yet thats ALL they do is TALK about it.

"Thats fvcked up"
    "No your wrong your fvcked up"
    "this is fvcked up"
    "thats fvcked up"

great! so what? WHAT THE FVCK are YOU doing to change anything?
    Your blaming every mfkr whos actually qualified to have an opinion, and trying to instill your own dogmatic beliefs.

But in the end, not a single thing changes, so why waste your breath? Never understood political debates..

Well bojangles I think I can help you. Political debate spurs dialogue which is good because if nobody asked questions about this or that things would never change or progress in an constructive matter. Debate opens up the mind to new thoughts or ways of thinking that to one individual might represent their beliefs but to another a new way of approaching issues. In the end usually no one persons opinion makes a difference but a collective group of people spurs change which is good for all, in lots of countries people are oppressed from expressing their opinions and views and that is why things usually do not change for the better or at the least are challenged or given chance to change for the better.

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    People are stupid, they really think when they elect a new president they are electing someone that is really "different".

Newsflash, the two candidates that do make to the end of the race are structurally more similar than they want you to believe. It is a structurally rigged game so that those who run this country (not the president, not your local congressmen) have puppets or people who have fancy titles when really their just their spokesman do their bidding. So what they do is ensure that the canadiates THEY WANT research the final step, wether McCain or Obama they would have been happy with either.

People really think that WE THE PEOPLE run this government, lol how naive. Most politicians think the average person is stupid and incapable of deciding how a government should be run and people really think in this day and age they are promoting "change" wether they vote for Obama or McCain? They aren't even the ones running this country. They do whatever the lobbyists (not your ordinary lobbyists these type actually run shit) and high echelon of society want regardless of what you see. Everything that is reported is reported by who? The media, but when the media is under their control you won't know what is what unless they tell you.

Difference between Fox news and CNN is people and opinions, its the same bullshit news that those who want you to see it, have you see it.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    Politics is one thing in life I could give 2 shits about.

Like seriously, how can people have SO MUCH to say about a topic, yet thats ALL they do is TALK about it.

"Thats fvcked up"
    "No your wrong your fvcked up"
    "this is fvcked up"
    "thats fvcked up"

great! so what? WHAT THE FVCK are YOU doing to change anything?
    Your blaming every mfkr whos actually qualified to have an opinion, and trying to instill your own dogmatic beliefs.

But in the end, not a single thing changes, so why waste your breath? Never understood political debates..
    LOL, I have to agree, once I saw this was a political thread I didnt even read it for the last week until I looked at it today but had noting to add or say Until I saw your thread.

Politics are a waste of good breath. Wy talk about it if you aren't going to take the time to be involved or do something about it. It's like religion.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    If you call have two bachelor degrees from a really good school stupid then you need to rethink of what you should call yourself there buddy. .
    Maybe a duel major? or second area of concentration...I did that also but a completely seperate degree would be stupid, yes. Anyway, you are catching shit for a reason. Your posts make no freakin sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Soldier View Post
    Don't go off looks my friend, radar signature is where it is at. The F-35 blows up like a freaking balloon on modern radar, it is not "ste@lthy" and will never be "ste@lthly". The F-22 is made for ste@lth (internal bay was one of the signatures to improve *******) however, its cross-radar signature near the tail fins can cause it to implode on radar. So any trained radar crew (Russian/Chinese/even Iranian) would be able to pick up the F-22 if they had the right equipment and training. Remember there is no such as thing as a "perfect" aircraft since there were always be a counter-attack for it.

Hence why I support the F-35, it is cheaper, the performance is similar but the F-22 still beats it out in certain categories. But again this isn't a hollywood movie, we aren't trying to make the "best cool looking" planes and best gadgets to win wars. We need effective, yet reasonably priced weapons to do the job.

At the end of the day, every empire that has fallen did not fall because it didn't have the "latest in gadgets/weapons/whatever" it fell because of internal turmoil, better opponent strategists, and costly mistakes.
    Can we just agree that domestic policy should be held accountable no matter how much money the DOD wastes?

You are 100% right that our downfall will not be a result of lack of weapons.
    A 1.75 trillion dollar deficit and mismanagement on all levels of leadership is however a step in that direction.

There is nothing good about this program in my eyes, and that's why I'm complaining about it. When Obama does something right, I have no trouble seperating my feelings from the things he does wrong.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    its actually spelled accrual. i dont think accruance is a word.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    its actually spelled accrual. i dont think accruance is a word.
    my spellin chept me out of Harvard...

southmadejd is offline Member
    Bush never manipulated the media. All news outlets were totally against him including the traditional left wing stations except fox which covered him fairly either good or bad, just the truth and nothing more. With Obama he is not manipulating the media, rather the media decides to not report the news but their radical views and Obama happens to be their poster boy. Obama is making stupid decisions left and right and including the cutting of spending on military, why??? He is a nut case I hate that fool.
    Dude no news stations give the TRUTH and nothing more, including Fox News. They all have their own hidden agendas.

In this day and age where all the media and news outlets have become so one sided it is refreshing to have a channel like fox which is now and has been for the longest time the most fair and balanced on every subject, as with any channel they are not 100% unbiased at times but they are the absolute closest to it. FOX RULES hands down.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by southmadejd View Post
    Dude no news stations give the TRUTH and nothing more, including Fox News. They all have their own hidden agendas.
    X2... u gotta watch them with a grain of salt...

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80711587/

Its a about that cars.gov website.
    Last edited by xlxBigSexyxlx; 08-05-2009 at 01:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    anyone see the thing on Glen Beck that if you go onto the cars.gov site in the warning is says your computer is now government property. And any and all files can be looked at or downloaded and shared with law enforcement and other government agencies foreign and domestic
    Just posted the link. Pretty ****ed up.

Blog Entries
    Some are saying its all Bush's fault, Patriot Act and all...

Blog Entries
    But hey, bankrupt means its working! So many people are doing it.

Time for me to rid of all my clunkers. What a sale.

Well the money is not free so if you like taking other peoples money then go ahead.

DOM6 is offline Member
    nobama

Remember in years past in the summer how car companies would give factory rebates of 4, 5, 6 thousand dollars.
    Funny how when the money comes from the gvmt people get so excited and the car companies can keep all that incentive cash. It's almost like writing a check right to the forgein car makers, cause that's who's benefiting from this.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    2 billion dollars compared to what the US government spends is like us throwing a nickel in a wishing well. It's insignificant..

It was brought up, but we spent approx 30 billion a month in Iraq right now.

Cash for clunkers helped a lot of families purchase new vehicles. Regaurdless of how many hours it took to fax over the paper work Kratos, it brought business to your family business. My girl friend works at a local ford dealership, and they broke every record they ever set for a month in 24 years of business from the program. And that's a ford dealership, not a Honda one.

Progress is not made over night, it's a step in the right direction.

And The God Father, why even post anything if you are simply going to insult everyone and say no one but YOU has any f*cking clue? Maybe you should just run for president and we can trust you and your liberal party to fix everything? It's one thing to carry an opinion, but it's another thing to insult everyone else in the conversation because you spend your time re-reading the constitution on the shitter instead of reading a magazine.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Remember in years past in the summer how car companies would give factory rebates of 4, 5, 6 thousand dollars.
    Funny how when the money comes from the gvmt people get so excited and the car companies can keep all that incentive cash. It's almost like writing a check right to the forgein car makers, cause that's who's benefiting from this.
    My numbers might be a little rough, but:

GM sold 18% of the cars
    Toyota sold 17%
    Ford Sold 16%

I remember reading it earlier in the week. In today's market, that's really not so bad.... 17% while 34% went to ford/GM?

I'm not sure who the number 4 and 5 where.

HILLBILLY is offline Associate Member
    In this day and age where all the media and news outlets have become so one sided it is refreshing to have a channel like fox which is now and has been for the longest time the most fair and balanced on every subject, as with any channel they are not 100% unbiased at times but they are the absolute closest to it. FOX RULES hands down.
    Have you ever listen to Alex Jones?

-JJ-

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    this is going to be really two-faced of me, since i was against the cash for clunkers idea...

but it helped my dad out alot, he just did it with his 1992 F-150 that got like 10mpg and that is open road only going 55mph, it was a true clunker.. and traded it on the program and got a ford ranger that gets 26mpg...

so i hate to be the one changes his mind because it worked for me (my family that is) but, i do think that is an example of how the program should work.. not the people trading in just to get a new car

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    Not sure if this was mentioned but I heard that the 'clunkers' being turned in are crushed and disposed of? Is this true? Seems like a waste of a car if so.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    the average person is stupid and incapable of deciding how a gov should be ran... a person is smart, people are stupid and frantic....

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Soldier View Post
    People are stupid, they really think when they elect a new president they are electing someone that is really "different".
    People really think that WE THE PEOPLE run this government, lol how naive. Most politicians think the average person is stupid and incapable of deciding how a government should be run and people really think in this day and age they are promoting "change" wether they vote for Obama or McCain? They aren't even the ones running this country. They do whatever the lobbyists (not your ordinary lobbyists these type actually run shit) and high echelon of society want regardless of what you see. Everything that is reported is reported by who? The media, but when the media is under their control you won't know what is what unless they tell you

lostcause is offline Junior Member
    all we have to do is sit back and wait on the car "bubble" to burst just like we did the housing market. just remember someone has to pay for this. for some reason they seem to think that "throwing" money at an issue will fix it. why not "cut" out all of the money and see what happens. try this with your kids and see wich one teaches them responsiblity faster.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    2 billion dollars compared to what the US government spends is like us throwing a nickel in a wishing well. It's insignificant..

It was brought up, but we spent approx 30 billion a month in Iraq right now.

I went into credit card debt eating out to dinner every night this week. But what's the big deal...I mean I spent more on the vacation I'm going on. But the vacation is only a thousand and compared to the money I spend on my house, that's nothing. So, why should I ever make any efforts to cut my spending when there will always be a bigger line item on my balance sheet?

My numbers might be a little rough, but:

GM sold 18% of the cars
    Toyota sold 17%
    Ford Sold 16%

I remember reading it earlier in the week. In today's market, that's really not so bad.... 17% while 34% went to ford/GM?

I'm not sure who the number 4 and 5 where.
    domestic auto maker market share is 45% or higher
    that means were paying to give market share to imports
    also, gvmt incentives are pushing customers to become import buyers or at least try imports for the first time. People often trade in the car they are driving to the same dealership or for another of the same brand.

http://featured.matternetwork.com/20...da-humming.cfm
    Last edited by Kratos; 08-11-2009 at 11:47 AM.

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    I went into credit card debt eating out to dinner every night this week. But what's the big deal...I mean I spent more on the vacation I'm going on. But the vacation is only a thousand and compared to the money I spend on my house, that's nothing. So, why should I ever make any efforts to cut my spending when there will always be a bigger line item on my balance sheet?
    LOL, thats a great way of looking after your finances.

Regaurdless of how many hours it took to fax over the paper work Kratos, it brought business to your family business. My girl friend works at a local ford dealership, and they broke every record they ever set for a month in 24 years of business from the program. And that's a ford dealership, not a Honda one.

Progress is not made over night, it's a step in the right direction.
    And when the program is over? Just like we are going to have to pay the 3 billion back, there will be a sales slump and you pay for it later.

Quote Originally Posted by *El Diablo* View Post
    LOL, thats a great way of looking after your finances.
    thanks I learned from democrats
    as long as you spend more on something else, don't worry about what you are spending your money on now

lostcause is offline Junior Member
    6 months ago car dealerships where having even larger rebates, with even less rules, and no1 got excited. its amazing what you can "sell" when you get free advertisment all day long on every news channel and radio station.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information