Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    irish_2003 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CptAmericaX View Post
    lol ranger school and sfas 2 completly different things good try tho
    hmmmm robin sage ftx for sfas....fun, fun, fun

CptAmericaX is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quarry206 View Post
    there are three tabs u can get in the US army.. well specaility tabs.

but just because you have one does not mean you are part of that unit, only that you went to and pasted that school..

ranger tab: leadership course and more advance infitanry tactics

specail forces tab: you actually went through and past all phases of getting a specail forces MOS and also pasted the langauge section for whatever group assigned to

Sapper tab: same basic concept as ranger tab but for combat engineers not infitanry.

having any one of those tabs do not mean you were a ranger or sapper.. usually the only way u will ever get an SF tab is if u were SF. for specail forces is not a school for people unless they are picking up the MOS the school is ungodly too long to send people just for fun.

cptamericaX stated a good point in a different thread a ranger has a scroll not a tab. and the scroll makes u are ranger or not... as far as sapper, that one is a hard one to explain because you have to be assigned to a sapper unit to be called a sapper, just like that rangers, but there are very few sapper units, so usually combat engineer companies will have slots inside the company for sapper qualified people. and since the slot is designed for a sapper to fill, you still hold the title even if not in a sapper unit... but it is a gray area.

SF tab usually is at times and depending where u are rare to see. (unless at bragg).. but since SF is an actual MOS not a title, most of the people wearing one are in or have been in an SF unit.
    But even more of them have a combat patch from supporting sf and will lie there little @$$ off saying how hardcore they are with there marune beret

Quote Originally Posted by irish_2003 View Post
    hmmmm robin sage ftx for sfas....fun, fun, fun
    I have buddies who have gone and heard storys but that ftx is foreign to me and will remain that way, Im going from the line to being a warrant officer if anything

irish_2003 is offline Associate Member
    I have buddies who have gone and heard storys but that ftx is foreign to me and will remain that way, Im going from the line to being a warrant officer if anything
    my company was OpFor for "robin sage" (as it was called then) at McKellars range at ft bragg.....it was the final field exercise for the 21 day sfas (this was in the early 90's so maybe it's changed)

No that sounds about right

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    But even more of them have a combat patch from supporting sf and will lie there little @$$ off saying how hardcore they are with there marune beret
    well their will ALWAYS be fake ass people in the military that can't just admit to what they really do in life... there is a guy with me right now that claims he was a ranger, were's a scroll for combat patch, come to find out he was a supply guy...

i think every unit has their guys that want to claim they are something specail when they don't realize for the most part nobody cares what they are..

Keenstyle1 is offline Junior Member
    Just put on a 70lb ruck and start running. Do this for 2 months at least six days a week. Also make sure you can rock climb and climb a rope quickly. Oh ya, and prepare to be in the mud. Like laying in it and going under it. There is a series called "elite forces" within that one of the episodes is "ranger school" Kinda old but will give you an idea. I don't know why they are considered a special force when they still say Hooa! The Army mandates alot of infantry officers and NCO's to go thru Ranger school.

This protein is making me sick.

Epic1 is offline Associate Member
    Good luck even getting to basic right now with any medical conditions. I been waiting since april cause i have plates and screws in my arm. Regardless of what i can do physically you are just stats on paper right now. They are so flooded with people (from my experience) that they are really picky right now.

Dont let them known about anything if you can get away with it or you gonna be waiting along time. Or until the new fiscal year starts. I believe its oct 1.

As far as getting ready for "basic" for me i have been doing my pushups, sits up and 2 mile run. I improve each time But waiting to hear anything back im already 21lbs lighter then i was at meps.

Anyways. I hope you do get in and they actually give you a bonus because they are getting stingy on that right now too. To where they arent even giving them at all.

Again this is what its been like for me and all the reading i have been reading on army forums.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information