Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Just saw it, similar to Transformers two it was a Special effect fvck fest, but however while most didn't like Transformers 2 I enjoyed it. This movie was enjoyable, but the storyline was a weak and the movie relied too much on special effects, its a great movie if you have a kid, but the adults will be left wanting a little bit more.

Overall: 7/10

Great clevage shots throughout the movie though from TWO BEAUTIFUL ladies.

Tesla is offline Member
    ....Saw the movie today. At first I thought it was okay. After thinking about it for awhile, I have come to the conclusion that it flat out sucked.

First, I like a good science fiction movie, which is what GI Joe is. But come on, if a movie is so over the top that nothing is even remotely believable, I don't want to watch it. The stuff in Star Trek and Star Wars was far more believable that GI Joe.

Second, nowhere in the movie did they ever say what Cobra's motive was for destroying cities. C'mon, even the bad guys in the Austin Powers movies had a motive............."One meeeeeeelion dollars." The Cobra guys just start trying to destroy cities for no apparent reason.

Bah Humbug!

Rye_guy is offline Member
    turbo lame

Dancer is offline Anabolic Member
    Liked it.

I do think you are unrealistic if you are comparing to the old cartoon.

The cartoon were multi-year multi themes.

I say 8/10

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    First, I like a good science fiction movie, which is what GI Joe is. But come on, if a movie is so over the top that nothing is even remotely believable, I don't want to watch it. The stuff in Star Trek and Star Wars was far more believable that GI Joe.

VERY VERY True, see the problem with GI Joe was it took place in the "not too distant" future, yet some during the whole movie I was like "this is completely unbelievable" from the Hummer with a million gadgets to that Chick who apparently has the best luck in the world because everyone who shot at her must have never shot a gun in their life because they missed, to the "brain washed" zombie warriors, and finally the biggest wtf, the GINORMOUS underwater base in Antarctica.

Like I know its based on a cartoon, but when I watched Star Wars or Star Trek or any other popular sci fi movie (Spiderman/Iron man/batman) I never thought "well this is completely unbelievable" yet during this movie I kept thinking "OH SURE THEY HAVE THIS HUGE UNDERGROUND BASE" and kept telling myself this was not even remotely possible.

HELL I EVEN BELIEVED THE TRANSFORMERS MOVIES WERE POSSIBLE
    , but not this shit, probably because it had NO PLOT whatsoever and it failed to add realism when trying to transfer from a cartoon to a movie.

So in the end you have a good old special effect fvck fest which is good if you are trying to impress kids, but completely lame when you are going to be releasing sequels to it.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    i wanna see them make a THUNDERCATS MOVIE!!

oh boy oh boy that would be sweet
    i loved thunder cats......

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockinred View Post
    BG, just took the kids to go see it this morning... I thought it was pretty awesome and a lot better than Transformers II. That one had me dizzy too and I didn't care for it due to the fact that they had to make Optimus Prime die, which would never have happened on the cartoon.

Anyways the GI Joe was some pretty awesome action....half kids/half cool action flic. I've heard a lot like it and a lot don't... that's my opinion though.
    optimus prime did die in the original cartoon movie, either part 1 or 2..
    then he came back as like a spirit or some shit...

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    i'm not gunna go see the GI Joe movie..... but i'll be first on line to see cheetarah when thundercats comes out

SNAAARRRRRFFFFF!

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information