Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    I know people.

I still do have every right to my opinions and emotions.

I'm just reflecting on what happened, seeking others thoughts that were there, and where to go from here

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    reed, Looking at the pic you posted to be honest with you. You look way better then anyone up on that stage. Sorry you didn't get that 1st place but maybe next year or on the next show you will take that baby home.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Competitive bodybuilding is 100% subjective and if you put the success/failure line at where 7 judges rate you, you are going to have your share of disappointments. I have been competing since 1993 and there have been a couple of times I thought I should have placed higher. There were also two times I thought I should have placed lower. It usually works it's way out in the end.

I agree from the one "still shot" I see Reed looks to have the edge in size and symmetry but I have seen still shots of myself from shows that looked terrible because I had yet to lock in my pose or had started to relax.

I have been to well over 100 bodybuilding shows and I have seen a few placings that had me shaking my head but for the most part the judging is usually pretty consistent in NPC shows. (not sure if this was NPC or not).

Reed..put it behind you , fix what needs to be fixed and get back up there and pose your ass of this Saturday. Someone asks how you did, say "third" and leave it at that.

FYI- Reed, I think you looked awesome and am proud of your accomplishment. I am not trying to diminish your feelings whatsover. Just want you to get back to a positive mindset and start focusing on this weekend.

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    The Guy Who took 4th is bi, but he has no definition and should have for sure took 5th!! As for you I do not think you deseved 3rd!! You had the guy in 2nd for sure!! The guy in 1st looked pretty good but I still would have gave you the overall! As I asked you in the other post.. How big of a part do you feel politics play in the game of B.B.? I said I have a friend that was turning pro and took him several comp. cause he had a beef with the judges!

Jon the Rooster is offline Junior Member
    Sorry to hear about the sham!! You looked great!! 1st place winner, wow how did that happen

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    You look the best up there Reed, congrats bro!

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Yeh well you can't really take the judges on what they said either.

And I'm not seeing "color" as a lot of your guys are interpreting it. I don't know shit about competitions but I know in all aspects of life things like charisma and energy can take you REAL far.

The FIRST thing I noticed was that Reed isn't even smiling, but the guy in first is. I wasn't there so I can't say, but something as simple as smiling can make a huge impact on the judging. And a lot of nonphysical traits like I mentioned before, energy, enthusiasm, body language, etc.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    for me you are still no.1 my brother!!!!

RangersLTW is offline Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Good Job Reed! Get some sleep and get this off of your mind. You know what you got to do more than any other comments in here. We are just backing you up and trying to keep you focused on whats next not whats happened. I do not even watch bodybuilding and thought you looked best overall but I do not even know what the judges look for. With that being said it is a bodybuilding competition, so how do you feel you looked compared to the other guys? If you know you looked the best but you knocked for your tan, than who cares its not like its going to take much effort to get dark just lay in a bed and lube up with some triple bronzer. Anyways good job, oh and you know I can't leave without making a smart as* commemt.......how about them calfs.....haha if you can remember way back in the post whore thread lol

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    At the end of the day, you only have to go up against one crazy, badass, sick mother ****er and that's yourself.

beat him next time. and then beat him again.

you'll earn that first soon enough.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's all about lighting and shading for sure. I know the pics I take a home SUCK but in the right light with light overhead DAMN I look good sometimes LOL
    I think I look best in a semi dark room looking in a full wall mirror with a good pump and a cute little Asian girl under me.

Congratulation Red, nothing to be upset with 3rd but yeah 1st would have been nice. You look great.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    Yeh well you can't really take the judges on what they said either.

And I'm not seeing "color" as a lot of your guys are interpreting it. I don't know shit about competitions but I know in all aspects of life things like charisma and energy can take you REAL far.

The FIRST thing I noticed was that Reed isn't even smiling, but the guy in first is. I wasn't there so I can't say, but something as simple as smiling can make a huge impact on the judging. And a lot of nonphysical traits like I mentioned before, energy, enthusiasm, body language, etc.
    Lol i think the guy who is smiling is only doing so becaues he won a show that he shouldnt have won...

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I would hate having to accept the judgment of others !

I agree with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    At the end of the day, you only have to go up against one crazy, badass, sick mother ****er and that's yourself.

beat him next time. and then beat him again.

you'll earn that first soon enough.
    Great post Nova!

Thanks I appreciate the support

I guess I expected too much out of my first competitions and thought I was better than I really am.

But there is nothing I can do about it now and just gotta keep on truckin and let no one influence my goals, judges etc.

I gotta keep on the path and do the best I can do. Thats it.

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    WHAT!!! ?? Come on Reed, who cares where they judge'd you , the most important thing is that u came first in all of our books, and thats all that matters...U are a fvking beast!!!

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    Thanks I appreciate the support

I guess I expected too much out of my first competitions and thought I was better than I really am.
    But there is nothing I can do about it now and just gotta keep on truckin and let no one influence my goals, judges etc.

I gotta keep on the path and do the best I can do. Thats it.

bro, u were spot on. ..i think u got a bad shake, and that is very common in this business.
    U are learning, and im sure u learned a ton from the first show, this weekiend u will apply what u learned and be better...and it will continue this way...
    u are as good as u thought, hell, u are better, keep the mind positive and there is nothing that will stop u...

give em hell this week...

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    *REED* *REED* *REED*.. x10000000
    This Saturday is the big one for u..... we will all be there with u on stage

oneshot is offline Anabolic Member
    Niiiiiiiiiiicely done!

Thanks thanks.

What I meant was I was trying to do to much at once with trying to get a national card first year out thinking it wouldn't be that much of a problem and thinking I was a Phil Heath or Evan Centopani that could just fly through the ranks.

I gotta re-evaluate the game plan thats all.

I'm going into the gym with more intensity and more desire. To be better than what I was on Saturday.

Again thanks for the support

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    3rd is good for your 1st bro so dont sweat it. personally i think you and the guy to the far right right looked better then the little guy who took 1st but there is nothing you can do to change what happened so no use thinking about it. you put in ALOT of hard work and looked great so just concentrate on your next one. you live and learn bro. if they want you darker then come in looking black for your next show. your only going to get better so just remember that. this is probably the worst your ever going to look for a competition in your life and you looked pretty damn good
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    This is probably the worst your ever going to look for a competition in your life and you looked pretty damn good
    ^^^^ x2! You looked awesome man!

Stay focused for this next show! You're going to do very well..... we're all rotitng for yah.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Blog Entries
    congats on the first show. i think you looked increadible bro. youve come a long way in the year or so that ive been following your progress. you have inspired me on more than one occasion......and for that i thank you........good luck on the next comp my friend.

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Congratulations !

You look the best regardless of results .

fitluv09 is offline Female Member
    congrats!!

mperk is offline Member
    Hey dude - that suks that u got third, but as said above - you made an outstanding showing with conditioning spot on. Congrats on that! Gotta say u look wide as a freight train up there! You will surely top that easily and be more impressive in the future. And try to think of it as a personal victory - u are 1 in a million to achieve what u did! (Now go out and key that mothah fukkahs car! Haahahahha - j/k)

Chitown Raider is offline Anabolic Member
    Congrats Reed! Don't sweat the political judging, hold ur head high for this being ur 1st show.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information