Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ACE Exam

Zapp is offline Banned

ACE Exam

Has anyone here taken the ACE certification test for personal training?

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    yea it was easy...i passed basically without studying

Zapp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55 View Post
    yea it was easy...i passed basically without studying
    Is that right...well you are the only one I have ever heard that from. I think you are full of shit..

well i do happen to be quite intelligent...

Undercover is offline Associate Member
    Zapp, if that's you in the avatar you look really good man.

Zapp is offline Banned
    I can see now that you are one of these dildo's that that have no idea what you are talking about and just say anything just to get your post count up. Get a life..

PC650 is offline Senior Member
    im looking to take the ace exam too, my boy said its not too bad,

Zapp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
    Zapp, if that's you in the avatar you look really good man.
    Thanks...yeah that's me. That was my last comp I did in 04. Doing the state in the spring.

PC650 is offline Senior Member
    natural?

Zapp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PC650 View Post
    im looking to take the ace exam too, my boy said its not too bad,
    I got all of the books and workbooks a few weeks ago. They suggest you study for at least 3 months before taking the test...and I can see why after looking at all of the material. They ask you over 100 questions per chapter in the workbook and has 18 chapters.

Ironnips is offline New Member
    not me sir

Zapp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PC650 View Post
    natural?
    No..

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp View Post
    I can see now that you are one of these dildo's that that have no idea what you are talking about and just say anything just to get your post count up. Get a life..
    whatever...I passed the Test no problem.....did i study SOME...yes...did i study like I do for my Quantum Mechanics tests?? **** NO.

Zapp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55 View Post
    whatever...I passed the Test no problem.....did i study SOME...yes...did i study like I do for my Quantum Mechanics tests?? **** NO.
    Congrats...you have one more post.

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    please pm me anyone that has taken it or who is planning on taking it. tht is the Cert. I deided on and if i do not hear back on this job i am going for in 2more weeks I am going to spend the money and become a PT insead

Chitown Raider is offline Anabolic Member
    What's the cost on taking the exam, and the workbooks, etc?

oneshot is offline Anabolic Member
    ACE is extremely easy but not near as accredited as as some others like nsca or acsm. a lot of dipshit trainers at my schools gym get that and think they are hot stuff just because they are "certified" but yet still have no idea as to what their doing and look like shit. sorry to rain on your parade, but there are MUCH better options out there

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    ACE is extremely easy but not near as accredited as as some others like nsca or acsm. a lot of dipshit trainers at my schools gym get that and think they are hot stuff just because they are "certified" but yet still have no idea as to what their doing and look like shit. sorry to rain on your parade, but there are MUCH better options out there
    there aren't any good ones now that my obsession left....

Zapp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Dude...you are another one of these people that don't know what the hell you are talking about. There are only about 65% of the people pass the test the first time they take it. Unless you have taken it and passed...don't be giving your opinion.

Zapp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitown Raider View Post
    What's the cost on taking the exam, and the workbooks, etc?
    If you get all of the books, workbooks, and cd....it's $415. It cost $250 dollars to take it..

*Admin* is offline AR Admin
    I would advise you to watch the tones in which you are responding to the question in which you asked… with that said I do have a response directly from someone who has taken this test in the past 6 months…

The test is not considered bad according to my 18 year old who had to take the test to work in the local YMCA as a personal trainer/lifeguard… now I will grant that growing up with this lifestyle probably helped and taking EMT courses in high school couldn’t have hurt either… but she/he scored 760 out of a possible 800… a friend that also took it at the same time passed as well... with a score of 620...

Scoring well is not difficult if you study the basics… they do give you a lot of information and you will retain a certain amount of it however if you have basic knowledge of exercise you will have no problems… just read over the materials… there is also an online help area if you have purchased the materials...

This is the test criteria…
    150-question multiple choice exam: Tests a candidate's knowledge in the five exam content domains.

Written simulation test with two client scenarios: Tests a candidate’s practical knowledge using two real-life situational problems which assess decision-making skills in designing, implementing and modifying an exercise program

The multiple choice exam makes up 75% of a candidate's final score, with the written simulation problems making up the remaining 25%. Candidates must achieve a combined score of 500 or more points out of 800 possible points to earn an ACE Personal Trainer Certification. It is important to note that the multiple choice exam has 25 experimental items that are being evaluated for potential use on future exams, so only 125 of the multiple choice questions are actually scored
    Every man has the ability to be a fool, it is what he does to recover that shows who the fool really is.
    ~Anonymous~

Those who believe that they are exclusively in the right are generally those who achieve something.
    ~Aldous Huxley~

Completely Cleanse Your Body of Steroids in Only 5 Days! - www.SteroidCleanse.com

Help Stop Steroid Abuse - Click Here!

Zapp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by *Admin* View Post
    I would advise you to watch the tones in which you are responding to the question in which you asked… with that said I do have a response directly from someone who has taken this test in the past 6 months…

The test is not considered bad according to my 18 year old who had to take the test to work in the local YMCA as a personal trainer/lifeguard… now I will grant that growing up with this lifestyle probably helped and taking EMT courses in high school couldn’t have hurt either… but she/he scored 760 out of a possible 800… a friend that also took it at the same time passed as well... with a score of 620...

Scoring well is not difficult if you study the basics… they do give you a lot of information and you will retain a certain amount of it however if you have basic knowledge of exercise you will have no problems… just read over the materials… there is also an online help area if you have purchased the materials...

This is the test criteria…
    150-question multiple choice exam: Tests a candidate's knowledge in the five exam content domains.

Written simulation test with two client scenarios: Tests a candidate’s practical knowledge using two real-life situational problems which assess decision-making skills in designing, implementing and modifying an exercise program

The multiple choice exam makes up 75% of a candidate's final score, with the written simulation problems making up the remaining 25%. Candidates must achieve a combined score of 500 or more points out of 800 possible points to earn an ACE Personal Trainer Certification. It is important to note that the multiple choice exam has 25 experimental items that are being evaluated for potential use on future exams, so only 125 of the multiple choice questions are actually scored
    Well I would advise the people that are making comments on the question know what the hell they are talking about. Obviously that dildoe doesn't!!

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    goodluck, any national PT cert is respected by me... but experience is more important than any cert

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well I would advise the people that are making comments on the question know what the hell they are talking about. Obviously that dildoe doesn't!!
    Ur the guy asking for help.
    1 guy said it was easy, and 1 said that ACE was not good.
    this is a forum slapnutz, where people post different things, and answer questions diff.
    no one flamed u or even was rude, ur just being a dick.

relax bro, people are just giving u their views.

Moose

Zapp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    Ur the guy asking for help.
    1 guy said it was easy, and 1 said that ACE was not good.
    this is a forum slapnutz, where people post different things, and answer questions diff.
    no one flamed u or even was rude, ur just being a dick.

relax bro, people are just giving u their views.

Moose
    For one thing..I didn'y ask for help. Second..It's obvious they didn't take the exam. Third...I see you are one of the guys on here that doesn't post a pic...so I don't even want to hear your opinion..

And well fifth is you are on your second warning this evening and I honestly do not want to suspend you however... you posted this thread and people are responding... if you do not like the answers then simply do not post a thread which warrants replies... you do not get to pick and choose who posts back to you and or whether they post their picture in their avatar... many do not as they prefer to remain unknown for personal reasons...

and just because someone answers and the answer is not what you wanted doesn't make them a dildo or anything else... it is very possible that they have taken the test and or they have experience with people who have and formed their opinions by what they have seen...

Every man has the ability to be a fool, it is what he does to recover that shows who the fool really is.
    ~Anonymous~

Those who believe that they are exclusively in the right are generally those who achieve something.
    ~Aldous Huxley~

Completely Cleanse Your Body of Steroids in Only 5 Days! - www.SteroidCleanse.com

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    I took it, finished it in less than half the allotted time and passed without a problem. Not to pile on but it was not a very challenging test.

In fairness to the OP, of the 30-40 people who took the test there was MAYBE one I would even trust to spot me. I dont think it attracts the brightest of the bunch of you know what I mean. That may have a lot to do with the high failure rate. Nothing against PT's but sitting in a gym all day counting reps and trying to motivate the unmotivated for $50k a year isnt going to draw the creme de la creme of applicants.

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    I took it, finished it in less than half the allotted time and passed without a problem. Not to pile on but it was not a very challenging test.

This is what my child stated as well as several that took it together... all 4 employees took it all passed... however they were all scared and worried prior to taking it...

In fairness to the OP, of the 30-40 people who took the test there was MAYBE one I would even trust to spot me. I dont think it attracts the brightest of the bunch of you know what I mean. That may have a lot to do with the high failure rate. Nothing against PT's but sitting in a gym all day counting reps and trying to motivate the unmotivated for $50k a year isnt going to draw the creme de la creme of applicants.

I totally agree... fortunately this was something that if done guaranteed these kids their jobs
    ~Anonymous~

~Aldous Huxley~

Zapp is offline Banned
    And well fifth is you are on your second warning this evening and I honestly do not want to suspend you however... you posted this thread and people are responding... if you do not like the answers then simply do not post a thread which warrants replies... you do not get to pick and choose who posts back to you and or whether they post their picture in their avatar... many do not as they prefer to remain unknown for personal reasons...

and just because someone answers and the answer is not what you wanted doesn't make them a dildo or anything else... it is very possible that they have taken the test and or they have experience with people who have and formed their opinions by what they have seen...

Are you kidding me? Warn me? who are you my daddy? **** you! Don't warn me...BAN ME! You think this little ass forum is all that...please...get a life. You need to find better things to do than just sit around all day and read all of these post by people who don't even know what they are talking about..I'm out of here..

Are you kidding me? Warn me? who are you my daddy? **** you! Don't warn me...BAN ME! You think this little ass forum is all that...please...get a life. You need to find better things to do than just sit around all day and read all of these post by people who don't even know what they are talking about..I'm out of here..
    Why do I get the feeling this is the first thing you are going to be correct about all day.

Not a problem... he is correct... he is out of here permanently banned...

~Anonymous~

~Aldous Huxley~

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    uh oh...
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    things are going to shambles around here... lol glad we have a new group of vets tho... much needed to pick up whats been lost

that's exactly what i was thinking when he started talking bout how many people fail it....not like the majority of people that are ATTEMPTING to be personal trainers are rocket scientists...

lol...banned him eh? well he was an ass from the getgo in this thread....the test is easy, no need to get testy with people for giving their opinions.

Dude...you are another one of these people that don't know what the hell you are talking about. There are only about 65% of the people pass the test the first time they take it. Unless you have taken it and passed...don't be giving your opinion.
    in that case, glad my opinion is welcome then. its a joke of a certification. ive honestly learned more applicable info via independent research than ACE material. dont waste your money. save up and get ACSM or NSCA. much more accredited and only a couple hundred bucks more. gotta put in a lil more effort for that one though.

p.s.
    dont ask for peoples opinions if your just gonna instantly reject them and insult us

Not a problem... he is correct... he is out of here permanently banned...

hahaha well done sir

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    Gee, I will ask a question then bitch and moan and make waves when I get it answered! What a "tool"

sizerp is offline Banned
    Congrats...you have one more post.
    Dude, you're kinda rude. He answered your question honestly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information