Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fakey_AK is offline Junior Member
    Great movie! And always thought something strange was happening in soweto! Lol

Tesla is offline Member
    I finally got around to seeing District 9 today.....AWESOME MOVIE!!! Instant Sci-Fi classic.

HAVOKGT is offline Junior Member
    I hated the goods movie! It was corny and not funny.. Really predictable movie. Wayyyyyyy overhyped

Baron is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    It starts slow, but I enjoyed the movie. Good stuff. (District 9)

Inglorious Basterds was awesome.

The Goods was hilarious.
    lol, everyone of those movies were fcken TERRIBLE

pyrat is offline Associate Member
    Like some have already mentioned, this film had a hidden message. District 9 really had nothing to do with aliens at all. To all who didnt like the movie and didnt realize that there was more to it, i suggest you watch again with a more open mind.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrat View Post
    Like some have already mentioned, this film had a hidden message. District 9 really had nothing to do with aliens at all. To all who didnt like the movie and didnt realize that there was more to it, i suggest you watch again with a more open mind.
    it was racist right? Is that what you mean?

well i saw the movie a few weeks ago so i'm a little rough on good detail but...

there was definitely a large play on racism there sure, I guess the fact that it set in Johannesburg(spelling) really set the whole "message" thing in motion for me. I think the main thing they were getting at in general was human nature itself to treat other things as your unequal and the things humans will do to other humans from the camps, raids, resettlements, to killings, torture, experiments, and profitability of taking advantage of weakness(in this case, the ability to make profit on new weaponry). I felt like the writer challenges the audience through the entire movie to fight your natural instinct. You have to follow an unlikeable protagonist (who appears somewhat slow, dumb, unattractive{no homo}) throughout the movie and he slowly turns into the exact thing we are trying to hate the whole movie. Can you feel for the guy now?

Everyone analyzes things differently and Im sure some people wouldnt agree with what I wrote but these are some things that a friend and I agreed on. I'm sure there are tons of other theories people are throwing out there like the fact that they put a complete fool in charge of their entire operation (could be Bush) but dont get me started. If I saw the movie again, I could go into greater detail. Movies like this have a message for everything: types of characters, settings, camera angles, you name it. You just have to be able to sort it all out and get your time periods right.

I saw alot of people walk out of the theatre probably because they didnt get what was really going on and thought it was just another shitty sci-fi movie.

well i saw the movie a few weeks ago so i'm a little rough on good detail but...

there was definitely a large play on racism there sure, I guess the fact that it set in Johannesburg(spelling) really set the whole "message" thing in motion for me. I think the main thing they were getting at in general was human nature itself to treat other things as your unequal and the things humans will do to other humans from the camps, raids, resettlements, to killings, torture, experiments, and profitability of taking advantage of weakness(in this case, the ability to make profit on new weaponry). I felt like the writer challenges the audience through the entire movie to fight your natural instinct. You have to follow an unlikeable protagonist (who appears somewhat slow, dumb, unattractive{no homo}) throughout the movie and he slowly turns into the exact thing we are trying to hate the whole movie. Can you feel for the guy now?

Everyone analyzes things differently and Im sure some people wouldnt agree with what I wrote but these are some things that a friend and I agreed on. I'm sure there are tons of other theories people are throwing out there like the fact that they put a complete fool in charge of their entire operation (could be Bush) but dont get me started. If I saw the movie again, I could go into greater detail. Movies like this have a message for everything: types of characters, settings, camera angles, you name it. You just have to be able to sort it all out and get your time periods right.

I saw alot of people walk out of the theatre probably because they didnt get what was really going on and thought it was just another shitty sci-fi movie.
    to sum it up: crappy gamer-type movie fails @ delivering messages

lol yes

some (most) people just watch movies for face value and thats all they get out of it. sad but true

lol yes

some (most) people just watch movies for face value and thats all they get out of it. sad but true
    These are the same people who read the newspaper and see that palestine sent two rockets into Israel and say "damn them palestinians are devils" but never go online to watch the videos of Israel preemptively invading palestine and leveling miles and miles of homes.

(ps in defense of this comment, im a white male bordering republican who loves america and hates islamic fundamentalist wackos who think america is evil but i know theres 2 sides to every story)

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    I really don't understand how you couldn't possibly love this film.

Had to be one of the best sci fi movies I've ever seen. It makes War of the Worlds look like a joke. Theres something much more intimate and meaningful happening in this movie compared to a lot of other sci fis that use their special effects to capture its audience.

This movie has a perfect balance of comedy and drama, enough to keep the viewer on edge till the very end.
    The end was actually the only part I didn't like because I wanted to see him change back and go bang his hot wife.. but I guess we're suppose to wait for District 10 now..

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post

Had to be one of the best sci fi movies I've ever seen. It makes War of the Worlds look like a joke. Theres something much more intimate and meaningful happening in this movie compared to a lot of other sci fis that use their special effects to capture its audience.

This movie has a perfect balance of comedy and drama, enough to keep the viewer on edge till the very end.
    The end was actually the only part I didn't like because I wanted to see him change back and go bang his hot wife.. but I guess we're suppose to wait for District 10 now..
    dude, the movie sucked, end of discussion.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron View Post
    dude, the movie sucked, end of discussion.
    You make a strong point. How could I disagree

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post

The dialogue was so corny and lame. The main character reminded me of Steve Carrel with an accent. Maybe I just don't have the imagination for crap like that, but some of the things in that movie were way too far-fetched, even for a sci-fi movie.

GuybrushThreepwod is offline Associate Member
    These are the same people who read the newspaper and see that palestine sent two rockets into Israel and say "damn them palestinians are devils" but never go online to watch the videos of Israel preemptively invading palestine and leveling miles and miles of homes.

(ps in defense of this comment, im a white male bordering republican who loves america and hates islamic fundamentalist wackos who think america is evil but i know theres 2 sides to every story)
    Palestine stole the land from Israel in the first place. And the American media is very anti-Israel in this area. I never see any bad reporting towards the Muslim or Palestine people but the Jews are made out to be thieving, violent, hatemongers. The media doesn't mention the Palestinians lobbing missiles toward Jewish schools and day cares. They don't mention the bomb shelters on every street corner in Israel. They even have Bomb shelters shaped like giant caterpillars on the Jewish school yards because of the constant bombardment by the Palestinian terrorists. Sigh. Honestly, I'll never understand why so much anger and emotion is centered around that little sand box. The whole world seems focused on it.

Sorry. District 9 was awesome by the way. I think they overused the word "Fuc*" more than any movie on the planet but it was still cool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information