l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger

Paranormal activity

I hardly see scary movies when they come out but this got amazing reviews on rottentomatoes and imdb. I am seeing it at 1030 and will let you know!

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Cool. Im seeing it at 11 I think.
    I'll let you all know what I think
    I hardly heard anything about it, but apparently its suppose to creep the **** out of you

Cloe85 is offline Female Member
    kewl
    Last edited by Cloe85; 10-08-2009 at 05:30 PM.

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    update?

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    update?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Ah...I saw the trailer it looks awesome...how was it?

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    ?????

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Wow, maybe it's so scary that they didn't make it back...

Blog Entries
    haha I made it out alive and Im back

The movie, well, Im not sure what to say. Im glad I bought tickets online because it was sold out at least 3 hours in advance when I arrived. So there was a lot of hype, plus all the great reviews.

The movie is shot on a little hand held video camera, so it takes a tad bit getting use to, but its not bad at all. The beginning was more funny/slow, but when it got going, it was pretty crazy, keeping you on the edge of your seat. I don't know about calling it the scariest movie of all time or anything, but it def had its fair share "in your face/make you jump" moments. Also, its different than your typical Hills Have Eyes and Michael Myers scary movies.

I would say it would be better to watch at your house with a few other people, because people in the theater seem to ruin movies. That, or just don't see the movie with a bunch of black people, lol no offense, but they just love to be loud during movies...

Anywho, I would recommend it, but I almost feel it was a little over-hyped. I'd def watch it again though (not in theaters) .

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post

The movie, well, Im not sure what to say. Im glad I bought tickets online because it was sold out at least 3 hours in advance when I arrived. So there was a lot of hype, plus all the great reviews.

The movie is shot on a little hand held video camera, so it takes a tad bit getting use to, but its not bad at all. The beginning was more funny/slow, but when it got going, it was pretty crazy, keeping you on the edge of your seat. I don't know about calling it the scariest movie of all time or anything, but it def had its fair share "in your face/make you jump" moments. Also, its different than your typical Hills Have Eyes and Michael Myers scary movies.

I would say it would be better to watch at your house with a few other people, because people in the theater seem to ruin movies. That, or just don't see the movie with a bunch of black people, lol no offense, but they just love to be loud during movies...

Anywho, I would recommend it, but I almost feel it was a little over-hyped. I'd def watch it again though (not in theaters) .
    100% correct.......

RyanRoss is offline Associate Member
    The next Blair Witch Project.

This film had a $10,000 budget. BWP had $60k

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRoss View Post
    The next Blair Witch Project.

This film had a $10,000 budget. BWP had $60k

yeah, it was def low budget, but its surprisingly a good movie. The camera work is way better in paranormal Activity. I couldnt stand BWP lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    100% correct.......
    yeah no joke. And it was a sold out packed show. I was getting pretty annoyed lol

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    good review by bigsexy. Definitely some freaky parts but people in the movies screamed and gasped at everything to ruin it.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    yeah no joke. And it was a sold out packed show. I was getting pretty annoyed lol
    i very rarely go to a movie because of that reason......im sure some people just go too be annoying......youve got noise makers...loud eaters....loud breathers (im sure im sitting next to darth vader sometimes) movers/pissers....big heads....big hairs.....shuflers....come in half an hour fuken laters....lost seaters.....and just come for a chit chaters.......ahhhhhhh

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    i very rarely go to a movie because of that reason......im sure some people just go too be annoying......youve got noise makers...loud eaters....loud breathers (im sure im sitting next to darth vader sometimes) movers/pissers....big heads....big hairs.....shuflers....come in half an hour fuken laters....lost seaters.....and just come for a chit chaters.......ahhhhhhh

LOL @ the darth vader comment...

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    OK I saw it tonight because my buddy wanted to. As suspected, it was sort of lame. Not as bad as I though it would be but defiantly NOT scary.

It was interesting and not nearly as bad as blair witch. The ending was pretty lame. The best part was they didnt waste your time with credits. LOL

It was not BAD but nothing to get excited about and I only saw a few people jump a little.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member

I dont know if that was meant to be racist and Im hoping not BUT I have to agree with you. I use to frequently see movies at one theater that has a majority of African American people who see movies there. I finally walked out of one movie and have sworn never to go back. (3rd time) due to certain people talking in a normal voice having full blown conversations, talking on cell phones and such. WTF is up with that? One time I was just about to walk and and say something to a couple of girls when 2 other conversations started up and I was like WTF??? It was a good movie totally ruined.

I have never experienced this in movie theaters where there is a more diverse mix of people though.

Thread Information