Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rye_guy is offline Member
    i get this problem alot when the younger crowd his the gym. all the teenagers from the highschools come in and make such messes, collect all the dumbells they want and crowd them around a bench some place. or all the plates will be scattered around. nothing i want to trip over when im carrying something to my spot.

Ive actually yelled at them a few times when im in there. since this, now when some that ive had words with see me walk in, ive noticed they clean their shit up and keep clear. lol

Vettester is offline Banned
    Same deal, there seems to be a lot of 16-20 year old's who just leave their mess sitting like it's the kitchen sink for their Mom to clean up.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    So this older lady, about 60, came up to me the other day and asked me if I could strip the leg press machine for her. Some dipshit left 10 plates on. She told me she hurt her back taking weight off once before.

ranging1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    So this older lady, about 60, came up to me the other day and asked me if I could strip the leg press machine for her. Some dipshit left 10 plates on. She told me she hurt her back taking weight off once before.
    seriosuily man stop bumping old threads

its getting annoying lol

Quote Originally Posted by ranging1 View Post
    seriosuily man stop bumping old threads

its getting annoying lol
    The post was relevant to the topic. It wasn't a "bump". And wtf are you talking about "stop bumping old threads"? I rarely post, and I don't even know who the fvck you are so why are you talking like you've been around forever and know me or some shit? If it "annoys" you, stay the fvck out. "lol".

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Jdawg he is obvuisousuisously retarded.
    How can you take anything from ranger for real just look at the way he spells seriously. "seriosuily" lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    How can you take anything from ranger for real just look at the way he spells seriously. "seriosuily" lmfao
    It would appear so. But like I said, I don't know him from a hole in the ground. What's with the influx of d-bags recently?

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It would appear so. But like I said, I don't know him from a hole in the ground. What's with the influx of d-bags recently?

I love it, he asks you to stop bumping threads when you have a 3500 posts over 9 years and he has 2K posts over 1!

Anyways, people not racking weights away afterwards is my biggest pet peeve in the gym! I stated before that I use the gym at Uni so there are D-Bags a plenty there that are guilty of this shit. I don't know if its just something 19-21 year olds do, cause I see some of the bigger guys who should know better doing this crap as well.

There are signs up but it gets ignored. It will literally take someone going arse over tit over a weight laying on the floor and breaking an ankle before anything is enforced.

wharton is offline out of here
    Maybe you should have a go at the staff for not cleaning the weights up thats what there payed for to keep the place tidy, I do not rerack my weights and never will enjoy.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    old threads are left up for reasons like this. if you have something relevant to add like Jdawg did then by all means post it
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

ranging1 is offline Anabolic Member
    The post was relevant to the topic. It wasn't a "bump". And wtf are you talking about "stop bumping old threads"? I rarely post, and I don't even know who the fvck you are so why are you talking like you've been around forever and know me or some shit? If it "annoys" you, stay the fvck out. "lol".
    it was a joke over how alot newbies bump old threads, fuk relax, talk about having something stuk up ur ....... and not being able to take a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    Last edited by ranging1; 01-20-2010 at 05:33 AM.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    u may not know ur football but u are dead on with this...

plus, u are the one who started this thread, its like ur baby.....

bump.... new gym... same shit.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    you know what pisses me off the most ? those that "run the rack" or a poor kind of dropsets, them that get all the EZ bars out, well bout 5 of them, lay them all out infront of one another, then start repping with the heaviest for about 8 reps at 25kg working there way down to about 10kg. FFS ! get a grip and most of all put them fecking weights back ! Grrrrrr !

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    we don't really have this problem at my gym.. we have signs everywhere that state "ReRack Weights or Have Member Ship Suspended for 30 days" n' several VERY Wrinkled-Geriatric Enforcers who hate replacing the weights their selves. sadly all the highschool tards that go there have a tendency to replace dumb-bells in any and every possible order other than NUMERIC.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rerack.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	114997

can't figure out how to blow up the image but it says

Reracknaphobia

the fear of putting ones weights back in their propper place after use

don't be afrad being curteous is a good thing

posted on all mirrors where i work out
    Last edited by scotty51312; 04-09-2011 at 12:06 AM.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    at my gym the worst problem is people doing curls, stretches, shadow boxing, pimple popping, tweezing facial hairs

RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE DUMBELL RACK & MIRROR

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Biggest pain in the ass is having to rack some douche's weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    Biggest pain in the ass is having to rack some douche's weight.
    i dunno.. i have found that re'rackin n' organizing all the weights in the gym is a nice partial resistance warm up.. not only does it help limber one up.. but the anger that stims from it really gets the heart rate up and builds some pre'lifting intensity!

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The gym I belong to has mostly really considerate members who rerack wieghts and show other types of simple consideration. However it also caters to personal trainers and one of them has about 8 high school aged kids and he will come over to do benchs and the 8 kids will all sit on a different machine...then if you say excuse me I need to use that piece of equipment the little shits will look at you like you are rude, in addition to that the trainer and the students never rack there wieghts. And the trainer is so damn stupid he will go over to the power lifting area and take one of the olympic bars out of the verticle holders and carry it over to a bench and load it up with plates and then "try" to leave it loaded on the bench...

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa View Post
    we don't really have this problem at my gym.. we have signs everywhere that state "ReRack Weights or Have Member Ship Suspended for 30 days" n' several VERY Wrinkled-Geriatric Enforcers who hate replacing the weights their selves. sadly all the highschool tards that go there have a tendency to replace dumb-bells in any and every possible order other than NUMERIC.
    You're still alive? Thought for sure you were dead.... What up, man?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    He is dead but Bo stole his logins.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    one gym i hit in the afternoons when i should be working is a f-ing mess. the dumbell rack looks like a bomb hit it, i literaly took one minute to find a second dumbell of the same weight because nothing is paired. think about it one minute to find a weight.

Flier is offline Productive Member
    Due to this thread, I re racked the weights off the curl bar today :-)
    I usually never do from the Biceps and Triceps curl bar, but from pretty much everything else.

It really donŽt bother me much when people donŽt re rack, but IŽll tell u what makes me furious.....people who SMELL!!!!
    It is so fking inconsiderate to stink old sweat, barn, horse shit, when u go to a public place like the gym.
    And sweating doesenŽt makŽem smell less.
    I seriously loose reps over it!
    The worst ever, was a female a couple of weeks ago. She had about a 5-6 meter odor sphere, and her smell lingered for a good minute or 2 as she was moving around.
    How do u tell someone they stink?
    Gym rules should be, fresh shirt every time! Use deodorant every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    The gym I belong to has mostly really considerate members who rerack wieghts and show other types of simple consideration. However it also caters to personal trainers and one of them has about 8 high school aged kids and he will come over to do benchs and the 8 kids will all sit on a different machine...then if you say excuse me I need to use that piece of equipment the little shits will look at you like you are rude, in addition to that the trainer and the students never rack there wieghts. And the trainer is so damn stupid he will go over to the power lifting area and take one of the olympic bars out of the verticle holders and carry it over to a bench and load it up with plates and then "try" to leave it loaded on the bench...
    That trainer needs to be treated as a terrorist leader

Quote Originally Posted by First Timer 42 View Post
    I usually never do from the Biceps and Triceps curl bar, but from pretty much everything else.

It really donŽt bother me much when people donŽt re rack, but IŽll tell u what makes me furious.....people who SMELL!!!!
    It is so fking inconsiderate to stink old sweat, barn, horse shit, when u go to a public place like the gym.
    The worst ever, was a female a couple of weeks ago. She had about a 5-6 meter odor sphere, and her smell lingered for a good minute or 2 as she was moving around.
    ask em to check the bottoms of their shoes

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by First Timer 42 View Post

yeah some of these mutts think 'its the gym, everyone sweats and smells'!! big diff in 30min old sweat and 2 day old sweat!!
    i used to come across some disgusting slobs when i was instructing, ppl with black toe nails etc, one guy i even refused to do health checks on, he stank of BO and stale piss

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    Nothing worse then stank a** people, people who don't rack their weights and then people who stand IN FRONT OF THE DUMBBELL RACK CURLING 15s!!! I understand not everyone is superman, but damn! They always stand in front of the weights I have to put back too... it's like they do it on purpose. If you are curling 15s and I am trying to place back the 100s if you don't move expect one to the thigh damn it.

LoL noone stole my flippin login n' yeah im still alive.. kinda ><

Quote Originally Posted by Renesis View Post
    Nothing worse then stank a** people, people who don't rack their weights and then people who stand IN FRONT OF THE DUMBBELL RACK CURLING 15s!!! I understand not everyone is superman, but damn! They always stand in front of the weights I have to put back too... it's like they do it on purpose. If you are curling 15s and I am trying to place back the 100s if you don't move expect one to the thigh damn it.
    Now.. heres someone i thought was actualy dead... .. i mean really.. a soccor player.. on an AAS Forum?! .. COME ON!!.. ><

crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    the gyms on army posts are notorious for these problems. a bunch of jabronis who leave dumbbells next to cable machines.

markiejw is offline Junior Member
    I hear ya. I'm real OCD when it comes to weights going back. In fact, this happens all the time, when I go to put my dumbbells back on the rack someone has put the wrong weight in the spot where my weight goes and then someone else put the wrong weight in that other slot, so I end up rearranging all the weights because I just can not bring myself to throw the weight in some random open slot. Shiz drives me nuts!

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by markiejw View Post
    I hear ya. I'm real OCD when it comes to weights going back. In fact, this happens all the time, when I go to put my dumbbells back on the rack someone has put the wrong weight in the spot where my weight goes and then someone else put the wrong weight in that other slot, so I end up rearranging all the weights because I just can not bring myself to throw the weight in some random open slot. Shiz drives me nuts!
    LOL, I'm the same. I spend a lot of time in-between set re arranging the dumbbell rack, looking for matched pairs and stacking the free weight trees

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    It's not just people not racking the weights that bothers me. But also those that constantly yell, then drop the weights from a distance onto the floor making a loud sound and damaging the bars for everyone else. I'm not talking about some who drop because of failure during a pump, but rather those that do it for show and then look around to see if they have other peoples attention on them. And signs are everywhere in my gym about both issues, saying as a courtesy rack your weights and dont abuse the equipment. Must be a lot of Johnnys' running around in the gyms since Johnny can't read. And no disrespect to you JohnnyVegas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information