Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    fizler is offline Associate Member

This man needs help (US VET)

Found this on the internet this morning. My blood is boiling.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/ne...091201/30***1/

*CLIFFS:
    -90 YR OLD WAR HERO IS TOLD TO NOT FLY A UNITED STATES FLAG.
    -HE IS BEING THREATENED WITH LEGAL ACTION.
    -CALL OR EMAIL THE PRESIDENT OF HOME OWNERS ASSOCIATION OR LAW FIRM AND TELL THEM WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT ASKING A WAR HERO TO TAKE DOWN HIS FLAG IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.*

Colonel Van T. Barfort, 90, from Richmond VA is being ordered by his homeowner association to remove the flag pole on his property.

Did you miss it? Look at the Colonel?s picture again. See what's hanging around his neck? Yep.

The Congressional Medal of Honor.

The decorated veteran of three wars, now 90 years old, raises the American flag every morning on the pole, then lowers and folds the flag at dusk each day in a three-corner military fashion.?

You pissed yet? If not. Close email immediately.

From the Richmond Times Dispatch:

In a priority mail letter, the Coates & Davenport law firm in Richmond is ordering Barfoot to remove the pole by 5 p.m. Friday or face legal action being brought to enforce the Covenants and Restrictions against you. The letter states that Barfoot will be subject to paying all legal fees and costs in any successful legal proceeding pursued by the homeowner association's board.

Barfoot lives in the Sussex Square community in far western Henrico; its board of directors rejected a plea from Barfoot in July to approve the pole, disallowing the fixture on aesthetic grounds.

You can read the entire article from the Richmond Times Dispatch here.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/ne...091201/30***1/

So here is what all of us need to do for Colonel Barfoot. It is the very least we can do for him in return for his heroic service, sacrifice, and patriotism for us all.

Call and or fax Coates & Davenport, the law firm representing the home owner association.

FLOOD THEM WITH CALLS!!

Here are the officers per public records:
    This is the homeowners association president:

GLENN WILSON PRESIDENT
    11800 N Downs Sq
    Henrico, VA 23238-3474
    (804) 741-9160

ANN WILLIAMS SECRETARY
    MARTHA G MIDDLETON TREASURER
    EVELYN L WILSON DIRECTOR

Law Firms Email - http://www.coateslaw.com/CM/Custom/Contact.asp.

Huge list of email address for media;

http://www.rumormillnews.com/MEDIA_EMAIL_ADDRESSES.htm

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    guy we all need to come together and make some calls and send some emails.

Please stand up for this guy, we owe it to him..

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    I'm calling, they aren't answering. The page link is broken.

Subsequent attempts are going straight to voicemail...LOL.

Emailed the law firm:

You need to seriously reconsider your decision to take legal action against Colonel Barfoot. It is disgusting, immoral and unjust to tell a veteran of three, not one...or two...but THREE wars to take down the AMERICAN flag. If you're ashamed of your country's colors, perhaps you should go find some different ones. There are plenty of places in the world for cowards to live...such as France.

How dare you disgrace a man who had the testicular fortitude to lay down all his chips THREE times for his country. Who are you? Some douchebag lawyers. What have you done? I'm guessing nothing noble. What right do you have? None.

Grow a pair and let the man keep his flag.

Vitruvian-Man is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    Emailed the law firm:

You need to seriously reconsider your decision to take legal action against Colonel Barfoot. It is disgusting, immoral and unjust to tell a veteran of three, not one...or two...but THREE wars to take down the AMERICAN flag. If you're ashamed of your country's colors, perhaps you should go find some different ones. There are plenty of places in the world for cowards to live...such as France.

How dare you disgrace a man who had the testicular fortitude to lay down all his chips THREE times for his country. Who are you? Some douchebag lawyers. What have you done? I'm guessing nothing noble. What right do you have? None.

Grow a pair and let the man keep his flag.
    hahahahahahhahahahahahahaha.

that line will NEVER get old. lol

sent my email also..

GUYS PLEASE TAKE 2 MINUTES AND SEND A EMAIL OR CALL, THIS MAN NEEDS US THE MOST NOW.

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    i sent 6 emails from all my differnt accounts

Front page of that paper. I bet they have 100k hits an hour coming in;

can a mod please edit my thread, I wasn't able to!

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/ne...234201/309270/

CptAmericaX is offline Member
    yah thats some bs

I hope we can make a difference. This is the 2nd occurance of this to be posted on this forum in as many months. WTF is wrong with these people who prohibit the flying of a country's flag in said country?

Unfortunately for these people I don't have a job at the moment...so I can call ALL day long!

EDIT: LOL...their voicemail is full.

They are being so gracious as to give this guy another week to take his flag down!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,579338,00.html

A Medal of Honor recipient in a dispute over his right to fly the American flag in his yard will have another week before D-Day -- when he'll be forced to take down the Stars and Stripes or face legal action.

fvking scumbags..

keep filling their voicemails and pounding them with emails...

Kibble is offline Anabolic Member
    If I lived in his community I would assist with his flag raising and lowering every day

Success! Col. Barfoot gets to keep his flag and flagpole! Thanks to everyone who called in and wrote emails to these fkers.

RICHMOND, Va. — A 90-year-old Medal of Honor recipient can keep his 21-foot flagpole in his front yard after a homeowner's association dropped its request to remove it, a spokesman for Democratic Virginia Sen. Mark Warner said Tuesday.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,579773,00.html

its good to know when the people speak they sometimes listen

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    Good on the Old man...

chicmagnet is offline Senior Member
    It's a shame when you even have to fight for such a thing. I've never been to America but even I know that part of what makes the U S great is national pride.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    The whole point of a homeowners association is to keep your neighbors from putting up tacky shit. While I doubt his flag pole is tacky he did agree to the rules of the association did he not? It would be nice if they made an exception, but thats the way associations work. I'm sure he knew that going into it.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    i wud but im aussie.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    I didnt see this post before and was just going to call/email also. Im glad it worked out but it's not the first time. We are seeing more and more of it all the time. Especially when the Muslim gain more power they try to enforce stuff like that.

They have already taken over most of the UK. I know a lot of people from there who are just trying to get out now.

We keep seeing more of it over here and it's a shame that it even ever comes to this point. I think it's equally as bad that they have removed so many plaques, statues and such that say In God We Trust or anything about God because if you believe in God or not that is what our country was founded on.

Many places, I think ALL state building are not allowed to have the Nativity scene up anymore because Jesus is in it as a baby. WTF How is that offensive? But if you where to complain about someone from another country then WE are being racist or prejudice.

homeowners associations are a group of people who never got a chance at a job of power
    they make dumb azz rules if u dont cut ur lawn for 2 weeks u get a fine
    if u want to plant flowers trees shrubs bushes u have to ask like ur a kid
    if u wanna paint ur house get differnt windows if u want to get new shuters you have to ask if u can do anything that affects the view of the house

u find alot of these in fl deed restricted lol dont buy a house in one unless u like to be told what u can do

lol we live in a politically correct time lol hell santa cant even say ho ho ho anymore
    cause some females said it offend them
    in michgian there was a big up roar about having baby jesus in your yard

its a shame that the flag has fallen as a victim to this

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    The whole point of a homeowners association is to keep your neighbors from putting up tacky shit. While I doubt his flag pole is tacky he did agree to the rules of the association did he not? It would be nice if they made an exception, but thats the way associations work. I'm sure he knew that going into it.
    ur post is the post of a coward lawer man.
    A FLAG POLE THAT FLIES THE AMERICAN FLAG WILL NEVER BE TACKY..

this man has EARNED the right to fly that flag when he wants and where he wants on US soil..

thank you to all who helped, we can make a difference...

Dude...are you serious? It's an American flag...thats tacky to you? That guy was killing Nazi's and blowing up tanks...BY HIMSELF (read his MOH citation) before you were even ****ing born. If he wants to break some stupid rule regarding a flag pole, then no one should say shit. He broke the rules of Army doctrine when he flanked Nazis on a higher ground by himself, killed and captured several of them, blew up a tank and a field artillery piece thereby saving the lives of many men.

...and that was only the first war he was in.

A man goes through all that and you're gonna talk about rules regarding flag poles?

Furthermore, the rules state he's allowed to have a flagpole, but...

The association's bylaws do not forbid flagpoles, but the HOA ruled Barfoot, aged 90, would not be allowed to use it "for aesthetic reasons".
    Last edited by Nooomoto; 12-09-2009 at 11:46 AM.

jccnewbie is offline Senior Member
    I copied the article and sent it to everyone in my contacts with the associations contact info in the body. I know a lot of military families and this ones going to spread like wildfire. Shame on those people.

Quote Originally Posted by jccnewbie View Post
    I copied the article and sent it to everyone in my contacts with the associations contact info in the body. I know a lot of military families and this ones going to spread like wildfire. Shame on those people.
    Well they said he can keep his flagpole and flag now, so we can stop harassing them now.

I'll tell you this, that guy Glenn Wilson sounds like a retarded hick on the phone. He actually sat on the phone as I put it up to the TV while playing MW2 for 10 minutes...he listened to 10 minutes of a video game over the phone..what a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    ur post is the post of a coward lawer man.
    A FLAG POLE THAT FLIES THE AMERICAN FLAG WILL NEVER BE TACKY..

this man has EARNED the right to fly that flag when he wants and where he wants on US soil..

thank you to all who helped, we can make a difference...
    WTF is a coward lawer? And read my sentence immediately after the one you bolded. I never said it was tacky, I said the point of homeowners associations was to keep things looking nice. If you are a part of a homeowner's association then you have to play by their rules.

Howard Stern is offline Junior Member
    "Rules are Rules"

Dude...are you serious? It's an American flag...thats tacky to you? That guy was killing Nazi's and blowing up tanks...BY HIMSELF (read his MOH citation) before you were even ****ing born. If he wants to break some stupid rule regarding a flag pole, then no one should say shit. He broke the rules of Army doctrine when he flanked Nazis on a higher ground by himself, killed and captured several of them, blew up a tank and a field artillery piece thereby saving the lives of many men.

...and that was only the first war he was in.

A man goes through all that and you're gonna talk about rules regarding flag poles?

Furthermore, the rules state he's allowed to have a flagpole, but...
    Yeah, he should be allowed to keep the flag up as long as none of his fellow homeowners mind. But if it's against the rules and they were to have him take it down then that's the way it goes. It would be unfortunate, but rules were not made to be broken.

Yeah, he should be allowed to keep the flag up as long as none of his fellow homeowners mind. But if it's against the rules and they were to have him take it down then that's the way it goes. It would be unfortunate, but rules were not made to be broken.
    Well if you read, you'd see it was not in violation of the rules...they just wanted him to take it down for aesthetic reasons. How is that justifiable?

Well if you read, you'd see it was not in violation of the rules...they just wanted him to take it down for aesthetic reasons. How is that justifiable?
    Because they have a clause that prevents people from doing things that would be aesthetically unappealing or lower the value of neighboring houses. What if he wanted to paint his house red white and blue? The rules for the flag are a little extreme, but they are in place for a reason.

Because they have a clause that prevents people from doing things that would be aesthetically unappealing or lower the value of neighboring houses. What if he wanted to paint his house red white and blue? The rules for the flag are a little extreme, but they are in place for a reason.
    Can't see how your own countries flag would be unappealing.......
    In ANY country and ANY neighborhood.

It's only a "little" extreme to attempt to bring civil charges against a 90 yr old war vet and MOH (who also has 3 purple hearts) recipient for flying an American flag in America? Wow...alright.

It's only a "little" extreme to attempt to bring civil charges against a 90 yr old war vet and MOH (who also has 3 purple hearts) recipient for flying an American flag in America? Wow...alright.
    So since he has a MOH and 3 purple hearts should he be allowed to do whatever he wants whenever he wants to?

If you can't accept the nations flag flying in the nation you live in..... Get the FVCK out! I will help you pack.

So since he has a MOH and 3 purple hearts should he be allowed to do whatever he wants whenever he wants to?
    when it comes to flying "old glory" u bet ur ass he should be allowed..

let alone on his own property..

how quickly people forget what was given up to have what we have today...

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    when it comes to flying "old glory" u bet ur ass he should be allowed..

let alone on his own property..

how quickly people forget what was given up to have what we have today...
    I served my country, and I get tears in my eyes every time I hear our anthem playing and the flag flying high. I'm not saying it's right.

Flying the American flag should be considered the most basic freedom. In fact, it should be considered honorable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information