inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]

Holy Sh@t!! I was onstage with Skynnyrd yesterday!!

Yesterday was the 22nd annual Toys in the Sun Run...its an event where bikers is South Florida gather to bring toys and donations to underprivelidged children and to the Joe Di Maggio childrens hospital...theres usually anywhere from 30k to 60k + bikes that show up. Its a huge event and millions are raised for those causes. Each year there are several bands that play and this year Jimmy Van Zant healined...he's the brother of original lynnyrd skynnyrd frontman Ronnie Van Zant. My motorcyle club along with a couple of other "Outlaw" clubs provide free security for the event. At around 4:30 pm Jimmy took the stage...at that time I grabbed my wife and 16 yr old son and took them up on stage to get a good look...I had 'All Access' so I was able to go anywhere I wanted. So.....I'm up there off to the side by his background singers ...enjoying the fu#k out of the Skynnyrd songs he was Playing...then the time came for them to play "Sweet Home Alabama"...which is like the national anthem for southern bikers...me and my family and Brothers are there singing along having a great time..I was taking pics of all this...all of a sudden Jimmy walks over to his singers and I'm about 3-5 feet away from him...he looks at me and sees me singing along..then looks straight into the camera and points at me and motions me to come with him....HOLY SHIT!!!...He grabs my hand and pulls me on stage and shares the mike with me singing the song....then he hands over the mike completely with its stand and he grabs my camera (which I was still holding)..and there I was....singing sweet home alabama to a huge crowd in front of what basically amounts to Skynnyrd....the feeling I got was a sense of being "higher" than I've ever been in my life...and trust me when I say I've done just about every drug there is in the past...then he got the mike back and put his hand on my chest and winked...I told him "Thank you Brother"...then walked off to where I was standing earlier...my Brothers and family were freaking out!!!! The Prez of my club was there and he gave me a huge hug and kiss on the cheek and congratulated me...even in writing this I cannot find the words to describe the feeling....I gotta say that this year has been a very difficult one for me. ..I won't even go into details but I was looking forward to starting a new one..but this moment made up for all the trouble and heartache I have experienced this year....the feeling lasted through the rest of the night and I still think about it and feel as almost if it were a dream...but it wasn't a dream...anyways...I just wanted to share this experience with my bro's here...actually I called my good friend Big last night right after it happened...I was still flying high when I called...this is the kinda stuff that alot of people dream about happening and rarely ever actually happens ...I don't have one at the moment with me on the mike...but I'm sure someone in the biker community does and will give it to me...heres pics of Jimmy looking then pointing at me...then he took the shot of the crowd.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Holy Sh@t!! I was onstage  with Skynnyrd yesterday!!-jimmy-looks-ink.jpg   Holy Sh@t!! I was onstage  with Skynnyrd yesterday!!-jimmy-points-ink.jpg   Holy Sh@t!! I was onstage  with Skynnyrd yesterday!!-crowd.jpg  

toothache is offline Senior Member
    AWESOME!!!

What a great memory.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Man I could hear the excitement in your voice when you called, damn I wish I had been there. Good times!

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    wow, keep it documented your kids / grandkids will tell the tale
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Congrats inky... I can't imagine the rush you'd get from that.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    good shit bro..

i was stuck in the traffic u crazy bastards caused yesterday... time well spent because u guys did a great thing for the community down here.
    hats off to u and ur buddies for helping when it matters..

and really kick ass u were singing with Skynnyrd...

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    good shit bro..

i was stuck in the traffic u crazy bastards caused yesterday... time well spent because u guys did a great thing for the community down here.
    hats off to u and ur buddies for helping when it matters..

and really kick ass u were singing with Skynnyrd...
    Thanks Moose............you gotta come by the clubhouse soon bro...I'll buy you a drink or 10...

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    after the first of year my friend...

i really want to come and hang out bro...

congrats again

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33;4977306[B
    ]after the first of year my friend...[/B]
    i really want to come and hang out bro...

congrats again
    ok......I'ma hold you to that...

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    That is pretty cool my friend, pretty cool.

Gfod
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Holy Sh@t!! I was onstage  with Skynnyrd yesterday!!-stage-patches.jpg  

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Just thinking about it again, and thats awesome man!
    haha some people would kill to be in that spot. ssswwweeeeetttt!

Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    Just thinking about it again, and thats awesome man!
    haha some people would kill to be in that spot. ssswwweeeeetttt!
    I know!!..I'm tellin you it happened so quick that I didn't have a chance to think about it...normally I'd be scared to death if I had to do something like that. I was singing and groovin ..shaking my ass too...it was totally insane...I've been getting phone calls and e-mails today from friends talkin about it....the Prez of the club referred to me as Inky Van ZanT!! HAHAHAHA

Thread Information