Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor

Anyone have sleeping issues?

Every time I bulk I have sleeping issues. Ive had some snoring issues when bulking before, but my wife has told me that they are minimal right now. But still, I only got 2 hours of sleep last night. I just can't fall into a deep sleep. I was in and out of bed 6 times last night. Feels like Im going insane! Ive always been a very light sleeper. Right now, its taking its toll.

My BF% is not high, maybe 11-12%, visible abs, obliques. Im pretty big, so you can see them at a higher b f then some.

Ive tried benadryl, melatonin,sex, couple of rum and cokes(yes, not good on cycle but Im dying), more sex and even nyquil.

What meds work best to aid in sleeping? Ive got a call into my DR to see if he can prescribe something.

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    What are you eating before you go to bed and how high is your carb intake during the day?

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Ambien should be your first request from the doctor...If that doesn't work, you can break out the big guns and ask him for Queitiapine Fumarate.

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    xanax knocks me out...

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Diazepam here...

Dr's nurse called and said they called in a prescription for ambien. Im hoping that does the trick.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ambien is very addicting i heard. just be careful.

Start waking up early, i used to never sleep and then started forcing myself to be out of bed by 530am every morning.....so now i get home and i even have trouble staying awake past 10pm sometimes. Fall asleep fully clothed and lights on now....im still only getting 5-6 hours, but the way i feel thats all i need

jccnewbie is offline Senior Member
    RX sleep aids are addictive. When I have problems sleeping I take valerian root. It acts like a natural form of valium. If that doesn't work you can combine it with Kava Kava. The Kava Kava has an intoxifying affect that settles your nervous system down acting similar to xanex. People take this combination to lower their blood pressure also.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    i wouldnt ever take zannies to sleep. i always felt really groggy the next day.

ambien is great stuff. bottom line is take it as you are about to lay down, if you stay up itll make you nuts and youll see your living room covered in smashed potato chips and you wont have any idea how it happend.

Now Ive got some ambien and valium. That should do the trick!

Kloter1, I was advised to take it just before bed as you recommend. I have a good friend who uses it occasionally if he can't fall to sleep. He said it was a "lights out" switch for him.

nonotone is offline Associate Member
    ----
    Last edited by nonotone; 05-20-2014 at 05:59 AM.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I personally wouldnt touch anything what can cause addiction, you could be swapping one problem for an even worse one IMHO. When i had sleep issues the only things what solved them what wasnt addictive was Melatonin, try 6mgs it works wonders for me but I would be careful with prescription drugs.

Well I got about 5-5/12 hours last night. I was hoping for more but at least I got some. The ambien did not put me to sleep after 1-1/2 hours. I then took a valium and was out in about 30 minutes. And it was still tough to get to sleep initially. My wife had to wake me twice when I rolled on my back and was snoring loud. I have never been awakened before as I always wake on my own. I immediately got back to sleep though. I think Im having some anxiety issues caused by concentrating on going to sleep instead of just letting it happen.

I appreciate the concern Marcus and others. I don't like taking anything if I dont absolutely have to. Im just hoping this gets me over the hump so I can get back to sleeping naturally again.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kloter1 View Post
    i wouldnt ever take zannies to sleep. i always felt really groggy the next day.

ambien is great stuff. bottom line is take it as you are about to lay down, if you stay up itll make you nuts and youll see your living room covered in smashed potato chips and you wont have any idea how it happend.
    Hahahahaha That's a fact. I tried to tell someone about Ambien a year or so ago on this forum I think and they would not believe me. I had done some wacky stuff on Ambien. Mostly eating. I woke up with 1/2 a bad of Cheetos smashed all over my face and down the front of my shirt. Literally 1/2 the bad, what a fvckn mess. lol

I did somersaults on my bad and there is not enough room but I did several, and as for women, if you wife/GF takes it be prepared for a FUN night of sex. Anything and everything she ever said no to in the past is a definite YES hehehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810 View Post
    Well I got about 5-5/12 hours last night. I was hoping for more but at least I got some. The ambien did not put me to sleep after 1-1/2 hours. I then took a valium and was out in about 30 minutes. And it was still tough to get to sleep initially. My wife had to wake me twice when I rolled on my back and was snoring loud. I have never been awakened before as I always wake on my own. I immediately got back to sleep though. I think Im having some anxiety issues caused by concentrating on going to sleep instead of just letting it happen.

I appreciate the concern Marcus and others. I don't like taking anything if I dont absolutely have to. Im just hoping this gets me over the hump so I can get back to sleeping naturally again.
    Did you get REAL ambien or the generic? When I take Generic Ambein I get a lot of blanks, about 30% dont do anything to me, some knock me right out.

The brand name Ambien work 100% of the time. Dont get CR. The normal Ambien works in about 10 minutes.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Sleeping aids are not the solution. You need to find the problem yourself and fix it.

F***ing doctors are unbelievable.

What are you eating 5 hrs before bed ?
    Taking any supplements at night ?
    Do you workout at night ?
    Do you go to bed at the same time every night ?
    Are you stressed out ?

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Sleeping aids are not the solution. You need to find the problem yourself and fix it.

F***ing doctors are unbelievable.

What are you eating 5 hrs before bed ?
    Taking any supplements at night ?
    Do you workout at night ?
    Do you go to bed at the same time every night ?
    Are you stressed out ?
    Here here...

Up your cardio?

I know it probably does **** all for testosterone levels but fadogia agrestis helped me sleep quite well.

I like 1/2 glass of red wine with my final meal. That helps me again.

Last night, just the ambien and I got 8 hours of sleep! And, this time, no snoring. Im on my way.

Like I said, I appreciate the concern over taking meds. But, they're doing exactly what I was hoping for. Tonight, 1/2 an ambien.

With all the shit we take, it surprises me that someone would be afraid of taking damn near anything. Medicine (and to me, that's what ambien is) is here to help when you need it. I had a non-refillable prescription for ambien several years ago, and I did not become addicted. During a several month period a few years back, my company was struggling and I was under a great deal of stress. My DR prescribed a non-refillable 30 count Xanax. Those 30 pills lasted me nearly 2 years. Yes, I could have done some cardio, taken some kava-kava, but the xanax worked perfectly.

I do appreciate the concern though.

DSM, Im bulking so I was eating too much too close to bed. Ive stopped that. My business is seasonal, so stress is minimal now(off season). I do go to bed the same time every night and no physical activity at least 2-3 hours before bed.

I was extremely tired, but just couldn't get to sleep. Now I've relieved some of the anxiety I had by getting to sleep. And, Im feeling much better already.
    Last edited by Bossman; 12-20-2009 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Did you get REAL ambien or the generic? When I take Generic Ambein I get a lot of blanks, about 30% dont do anything to me, some knock me right out.

The brand name Ambien work 100% of the time. Dont get CR. The normal Ambien works in about 10 minutes.
    It is generic, not CR. But it does the trick(at least the first two pills). The first night I was trying so hard to fall asleep it just wouldn't happen. The valium put an end to the anxiety and let me fall asleep. Last night was much easier with no valium. I have no doubt I'll be back in my groove very soon and have no need for the meds.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    I work at a drug rehab center and there are people who are coming off 20+ years of meth use. You can imagine they have some sleep problems, we prescribe them trazodone its a non addictive sleep med. enjoy it i promise you will have non problem ever sleeping and you dont have to up your dose after a while.

ted666 is offline Associate Member
    i had to stop my test-e cycle cause of not being able to stay asleep. tryed ativan 2mg , xanax everything and said fvck it if i have to take all this stuff its not worth it. im on a alpha -drol cycle and can sleep like a baby with no sleep aids . everyones different. the pro-hormones work better for me than real aas.

ted666 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjpennnn View Post
    I work at a drug rehab center and there are people who are coming off 20+ years of meth use. You can imagine they have some sleep problems, we prescribe them trazodone its a non addictive sleep med. enjoy it i promise you will have non problem ever sleeping and you dont have to up your dose after a while.
    i tried = trazodone,ativan,xanax,alcohol,nyqquil , somotomax,melatonin 3,some other pill forget what it was,benadryl,combinations of them and gave up. im sure i took other stuff too but forget.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    prohormes work better for you i doubt it, yo got buck stuff then.

Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810 View Post
    It is generic, not CR. But it does the trick(at least the first two pills). The first night I was trying so hard to fall asleep it just wouldn't happen. The valium put an end to the anxiety and let me fall asleep. Last night was much easier with no valium. I have no doubt I'll be back in my groove very soon and have no need for the meds.
    See, that is what I am saying. Some work fine and other do nothing. Try the Brand name only Ambien, forget the generic.

lovestospooge23 is offline Associate Member
    had them since i was born typically takes me 2-3 hrs to fall asleep

ranging1 is offline Anabolic Member
    isnt ambien the stuff on the simpsons cartoon?

dw mate i ahve sleeping issues to, but i only get them when i cycle on testerone

probably coz im up all night having wanks

last night had to have 4, before i could go to sleep

by the third one i was rolling my eyes wondering what my plans for tomrow were

Chitown Raider is offline Anabolic Member
    I've tried Ambien years ago but it only lasted for a few hours. I would wake up in the middle of the night groggy but I heard they make a time released pill which I am gonna see about getting a prescription.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    All I know is seroquel is prescribed as a "safe alternative" to narcotic or addictive sleep aids but I know people who get addicted to them.

Also it will knock you the eff out (depending on dose) and you will feel like a zombie all day. Was a real bitch getting to the gym when I was on seroquel, ambien that is not an issue with, but Ambien never worked great because of the tolerance you build.

DOM6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjpennnn View Post
    that shit is the best,^^^^^^^^
    its not a sleep aid but and anxiety med that puts u out, not groggy at all, put me back on track for sure

Thread Information