I understand where my brothers coming from about this.
Before he bought his place ONE THING he was very adamant about was he didn't wanna pay flood insurance.

He was looking at a lot of places by the water, and had turned down a couple of places because the flood insurance was so damn expensive and he'd rather live a bit farther from the water cause he didn't mind doing it that way.

Long story short he finds a place an easy 100-150 (prob more for all I know) yards away from water, he loves it, doesn't have to pay flood insurance, winds up closing on the place and moving in a year ago.

Exactly one year after moving in he gets a notice in the mail, that the township is expanding the flood insurance and now he has to pay it!? What the fvck that is straight bullshit.
There is NO WAY in hell he will EVER get a flood where hes located. I've lived in NJ my whole life and I know this area, even when we get terrible storms this area NEVER FLOODS.
Obviously he's pissed and I feel bad for him, I do remember him mentioning this a lot when he was looking for a place. He wanted to be close enough to be close to the water, but far enough to avoid flood insurance, and now he gets whacked with this.

Is there anyway to fight this? Maybe the township? Ask them whens the last time this place got a flood and why hes being forced to pay this shit when we know damn well theres no floods coming. Its fvcking bullshit and I agree with him.
Wondering if theres anything he can do short of selling the place? Thanks!