Why you really love your girlfriend/boyfriend/partner

I've been thinking about the reasons why I really love my girlfriend; I mean I love her for who she has, I've fallen in love with her over time, but there's a few things she's done for me that have really made me sit back and think jesus I really love this girl.

Here's one example:
    She had just moved in with me, we'd only be living together for about 2 or 3 days. So anyway, sometimes I like to have a cup of tea and a slice of toast with strawberry jam on it. So the jam ran out one day and so I couldn't have any more jam on toast...

So later that day we were about to watch a film, we were sitting on the sofa and I had already fast-forwarded through the credits and had it paused right at the point where the film starts.

So she says wait a minute.... and she goes into the kitchen. She comes back two minutes later with a plate, and there's two slices of toast on the plate, one has jam on it and the other has chocolate spread on it.

That's the cutest thing a girl's ever done for me, she actually went out and bought me jam and chocolate spread and she kept it a secret until we sat down to watch a film.

There's a few other memories I have that really make me feel like I love her, like when she clips my toenails or when she gives me massages.

I really love that girl.

Anyway I thought this might make for an interesting thread, I'd like to hear what other nice experiences people have had with their loved ones.

(And don't give me any bullshit about intimacy or affection being "gay" or "mushy" or whatever the f** you wanna call it. These are the real emotions that really make life worthwhile)

Hard.On is offline Senior Member
    One of my Ex's once asked me that question

I had no anwer for her....
    We broke up shortly after

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Sure, what she did for you was nice and thoughtful.

But I fail to see how niceness equates to love.

Here's my take on it, since I don't feel like typing it out again:

Falling In love?

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    im single so cant answer your question......and i also think love is for p u s s ys!!! JK

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    D7- that was some good shit...
    dont know how i missed it....

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post

Falling In love?
    I remember seeing it and thought Bo hacked into ur account.....seriously......but good read....
    Why I love my wife? Cause she is happy when I am happy, she cheers me up when I am down and make sure that I am atleast in a good mood before I go to bed. She gave me a Son that I love to death and do anything for him. She was there when I was into bad habits....valium and drinking to pull me out.......she make sure that every thing is done for me even before i ask for it. I am even afraid to say that i like to eat "something" "someday" cause it will be done in the next hour or so........if I had to marry her again i will do it without a second thought...
    Last edited by calgarian; 03-24-2010 at 10:41 PM.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My wife supports me and makes me breakfast, lunch and dinner almost every day. She doesnt mind me using steroids , we have some similar interests and she likes to work out with me sometimes. We both love travelling, sex is great not sure if there is too much of importance other than that.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished

Falling In love?
    no question about it, there is a business deal that goes on

is she hot...what will my friends think...is her level of education enough...tall enough...the hair color I like...does stuff for me...makes me feel good...funny...enjoy her company...similar values and expectations for the future. Love makes logic go out the window, and making business deals is an action of logic.

problem is the business deal that goes on is only enough to let you tear down your wall to letting her in. If she meets acceptable specs, you'll allow yourself to fall in love...If you look at love this way, you may have been willing to let people in, but I'm afraid you haven't found it yet.

Vitruvian-Man is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    My wife supports me and makes me breakfast, lunch and dinner almost every day. She doesnt mind me using steroids, we have some similar interests and she likes to work out with me sometimes. We both love travelling, sex is great not sure if there is too much of importance other than that.
    x2

Well said bro.

Mine f**ing injects for me! lol. I never thought I would find a woman like that

The only problem is that my girl's got a serious self-esteem issue, which means that she ends up in the gym more then I do each day. Try explaining that to your bros loll.

-VM

tripmachine is offline Senior Member
    my g/f let's me rip her clothes off of her whenever i need to.... i know i'm in love now!

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    my wife supports me on AAS use!

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week

Falling In love?
    Great post brother

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Real love takes time. You need to experience the ups and downs of life with your partner to really appreciate what you have. Ive been married 27 years. My wife and I have experienced deaths in the family, marriage, child birth, addictions, financial difficulties, financial rewards, career changes and the list goes on.

Im all for love, but when a 20 yr old tells me he's in love with the new girl he met two weeks ago, I feel like slapping him. Not because Im down on love, but to wake him up. What they feel is infatuation. Work on that for a year or two and see if you still love each other. One of my employees met a 19 yr old girl this last spring. He was engaged within 2 months. She's now pregnant, they're married and will be parents in June. Last time I talked to him, he can't wait to go out of town to work. He can't stand the company he's with. No love there that I can see.....yet.

JasonT is offline Member
    because if i don't she'll take my money and my kids and maybe my balls when im asleep

if you're reading this, love you babe!

awesome1 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonT View Post
    because if i don't she'll take my money and my kids and maybe my balls when im asleep

if you're reading this, love you babe!
    thread win

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i'm not sure why. But she's hot so i keep her around

Thread Information