Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jccnewbie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    no way.
    unless california does something about the illegals, they will never get out of debt.
    they are the biggest cluster fvk of a state...
    Texas is just as bad if not worse with illegals. I have lived in both places.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    no way.
    unless california does something about the illegals, they will never get out of debt.
    they are the biggest cluster fvk of a state...
    So you're saying that by adding the cost of enforcing marijuana laws and the revenue that would be received from taxing it that it would not make a significant impact on the California debt?

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    It would be good for the pizza business

Darksyde is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    So you're saying that by adding the cost of enforcing marijuana laws and the revenue that would be received from taxing it that it would not make a significant impact on the California debt?
    add to that how many people are in prison or the legal system for marijuana crimes

clomid222 is offline Junior Member
    Prices would go down if it were legal. I have many friends who grow out here in northern Cali many for dispensaries and they are against legalizing it out of fear that it will go down in price and they won't be able to sell it for as much.

It's practically legal already, they hand out prescriptions like flyers around here. I went to a chiropractor twice for back pain and that qualified me to get a medicann card.

I can carry up to an ounce. I got a DUI last year and the CHP found it in my car and took it with me to jail. After I was released they had to give it back since I had a medicann card and that made it medicinal.

BTW my DUI was for alcohol not weed. The CHP was more concerned about drinking and driving. They said they see drunk drivers kill people all the time, but rarely are stoned drivers involved in fatality crashes.

They tested me for alcohol and didn't even bother testing me for weed.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    you would have to be 21 to buy it.

I bet it would be harder for kids to get if it was legal.

When i was younger it was easier to get illegal stuff then alcohol
    I hate to disagree bro but I think alcohol is like that just because of its size. I use to smoke when I was younger and had NO problems getting cigarettes when I was under 18.
    I don't think legalizing it will make it harder to get at all. I really don't.

The minimum age to get a medicinal card from a doctor in Cali is 18 not 21.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    I hate to disagree bro but I think alcohol is like that just because of its size. I use to smoke when I was younger and had NO problems getting cigarettes when I was under 18.
    honestly when i was 13 i could score within 15 mins, but to get cigs(not so much cigs because back then the leagal age was 16) or alcohol id be hanging around for hours at a time......

Quote Originally Posted by clomid222 View Post
    BTW my DUI was for alcohol not weed. The CHP was more concerned about drinking and driving. They said they see drunk drivers kill people all the time, but rarely are stoned drivers involved in fatality crashes.

They tested me for alcohol and didn't even bother testing me for weed.
    How are they going to do that anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    It's much easier for kids to obtain marijuana than it is alcohol. Places that sell alcohol care if you aren't 21. Your local drug dealer doesn't care if you're 12 or 32. If you have $20, he'll give you some weed. If it's legalized it will be harder to get, no doubt.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    How are they going to do that anyway?
    blood tests

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    thats exactly what im saying.
    they will find a way to give more to the illegals..

plus u have to take into account the money the system will lose in court fees /fines, probation costs for pot...

the criminal system will take a hit by this...

but fvk it, make the shit legal, i almost went to jail last night for a bud less then .5gram...
    cop actually let me out of cuffs and gave me a break....

now im ready for it to be legal.....

oldschoolfitness is offline Associate Member
    i agree with Mooseman got to do something about illegals it's costing taxpayers to much money! one problem with the maryjane U.S. GOVT. can and will screw up anything, but its a good idea.

420daytona is offline Junior Member
    Under the legalization, they can tax you just for cultivation. Am I the only one who thinks thats fvcked up? You don't even have to be making income off the crop and yet they can still tax you for it. Not to mention the fact that you can only grow 25 square feet of marijuana at a time. That might sound like a lot but if smoke as much as I do, you aren't gonna be producing enough to sell. Somethings wrong.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by 420daytona View Post
    Under the legalization, they can tax you just for cultivation. Am I the only one who thinks thats fvcked up? You don't even have to be making income off the crop and yet they can still tax you for it. Not to mention the fact that you can only grow 25 square feet of marijuana at a time. That might sound like a lot but if smoke as much as I do, you aren't gonna be producing enough to sell. Somethings wrong.
    Some people will never be happy. Seriously they might make it legal so you dont go to jail over it. And u still complain

cmon man, that is plenty for personal use....and i smoke alot..
    if u have ever cultivated, that is plenty my man...

I know it is plenty for personal use, but how can they tax a product that you yourself arent going to be drawing an income from? Don't get me wrong, I would be happy that it is legal but the idea of the government making me pay them money for a product that I am not selling, and that they aren't helping me to produce isn't really doing me a favor. Hypothetically IF I WERE GROWING IT I could just continue producing as much as I wanted and pay no taxes on it.
    Last edited by 420daytona; 03-26-2010 at 03:23 PM.

cause its the govt. they dont give a fvk.....

plus its cali, they need as much money as possible to give to all the illegals...

Well you're right about that. You have to compromise. I just think it is something that it should have never been illegal in the first place, so maybe we will find a middle ground that satisfies both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    blood tests
    Yeah, and what happens when you come back positive? So you come up positive and then what? It stays in your system for up to a month. How will they know if you were under the influence while driving?

Where does it say that in the initiative? How much will you be taxed for cultivation?

Blog Entries
    it would save my ass alot of money cus id grow it on my property weather thay tax me or not....and i wouldent sell it ohh no id, be a greedy **** and keep it all for me and my bros..... mwaah ha ha ha...arnold for president....

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Never been big into the green but I am all for legalization of it.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    I'm not sure about this either, being from California and holding a Medical Marijuana Card for the last 4 years, whether or not complete legalization would be good. WTF is this shit about:

Quote Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
    The initiative would allow those 21 years and older to possess up to one ounce of marijuana, enough to roll dozens of marijuana cigarettes. Residents also could grow their own crop of the plant in gardens measuring up to 25 square feet.
    1 ounce of marijuana is not that much and most people like a variety for the different ailments that they are being treated for. I like a Sativa in the morning and an Indica in the evening. I also like a little Afganica too. I don't want to be told how much I can have at one time or limitations if I were going to grow my own. Right now I can have as much marijuana on hand as I desire and I can grow as much as is deemed medically necessary.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox View Post
    I'm not sure about this either, being from California and holding a Medical Marijuana Card for the last 4 years, whether or not complete legalization would be good. WTF is this shit about:

1 ounce of marijuana is not that much and most people like a variety for the different ailments that they are being treated for. I like a Sativa in the morning and an Indica in the evening. I also like a little Afganica too. I don't want to be told how much I can have at one time or limitations if I were going to grow my own. Right now I can have as much marijuana on hand as I desire and I can grow as much as is deemed medically necessary.
    quit your braggin you lucky dawg you....

Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox View Post

Why do you think your medical privilege will change? It doesn't say anything about that in the initiative.

2jz_calgary is offline Senior Member
    americans are way to fukn preoccupied with their war on drugs and terror lol They were talking about legalizing marijhuana here in canada and i remember the american govt making threats if we did. I dont think anything like that will ever be legal in the us.

oldschoolfitness is offline Associate Member
    if any state in the u.s. would leagalize it would be cali. the u.s. govt. is deperate to make money right now. obvious why the hell do they wait and pass national health care until we are in the middle of a ressesion; after passing 1 trill. dollar stimulus plan. it would probaly take 10 years for the damn house to decide fight, fight, fight -lies,lies, and more lies. nothing but crap and nobody seems to give a s--- about the war bring'em home.

sorry for rambling just so frustrating for middle class

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    I don't know, but I'm able to obtain as much as I want, money considered, but you know how laws can really mess a good thing up....I haven't studied the issue in great detail, but am very concerned.

Why do you think your medical privilege will change? It doesn't say anything about that in the initiative.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information