Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jasperhup is offline Junior Member
    i don't smoke, but i dip snus. no spitting, as healthy as tobacco can be, and cheap. i want to start distributing the stuff, way better than cope and skoal.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Quote Originally Posted by jasperhup View Post
    i don't smoke, but i dip snus. no spitting, as healthy as tobacco can be, and cheap. i want to start distributing the stuff, way better than cope and skoal.
    that's just stupid

eats your teeth and gums
    causes mouth and throat cancer
    also linked to pancreatic cancer since you swallow
    makes you look like a hick and girls not want to kiss you

The European Union banned the sale of snus in 1992, after a 1985 WHO study concluded that "oral use of snuffs of the types used in North America and western Europe is carcinogenic to humans"
    Only Sweden and EFTA-member Norway are exempt from this ban. A popular movement during the run-up to the 1994 referendum for Sweden's EU membership made exemption from the EU sale ban of snus a condition of the membership treaty.

see picture below
    so those are the cons...what are the positive reasons for using it besides feeding your addiction?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bodybuilding and smoking-1_5610540-img5610472.jpg  

the fact that the stuff had been studied poorly because of limited used in the past has let the tobacco industry promote it as healthier even though it is not any healthier then other forms of oral tobacco.

http://www.thelocal.se/644/20041118/

HDH
    HDH is offline Junior Member

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HDH View Post
    Good video

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    the fact that the stuff had been studied poorly because of limited used in the past has let the tobacco industry promote it as healthier even though it is not any healthier then other forms of oral tobacco.

http://www.thelocal.se/644/20041118/

DID YOUR READ THE STUDIES ON STEROIDS ?? i heard they make you a murderer.

for real tho, here's a quote from someone in the know:

Snus may be less harmful than other tobacco products; according to Kenneth Warner, director of the University of Michigan Tobacco Research Network,

"The Swedish government has studied this stuff to death, and to date, there is no compelling evidence that it has any adverse health consequences. ... Whatever they eventually find out, it is dramatically less dangerous than smoking."

kratos, be from mizzu on this and check out the studies yourself, since 04 when your link came out there has been a massive push, in canada and other nations not just sweden, showing snus to be favored by many dr's over smoking or any other tobacco use.

no solid link exists between snus and cancer according to the wiki.

and if you see the guys with the gums and the lip problems, you are looking at guys who use so drastically much more than snus than a regular user that it's a farce. just like how recreational drugs or roids are villified (or driving fast or doing anything fun) based on a few extreme examples, responsible use of snus gets thrown out with the dip users (the old school tobacco is MUCH worse).

bottom line is quantify it for me, you say you know being jacked and on isn't the best thing, but it's worth it and not really at a great cost, same with my reasonable snus use.

would you say getting loaded once in a while is stupid and there is no need to, or would you say you have to not let it get to crazy?

As long as you realize there are likely risks with use and that it is in no way good for you...I support your right to choose to use it.

I'm confident it's equally as bad as chewing tobacco, just that it hasn't been proven to be yet.

It's a good way to quit smoking...as long as you don't do both at the same time, like when it's not convenient to smoke or go outside.

If you decide to quit, that's a healthier choice for all tobacco products. But I don't think their should be any laws or crazy taxes forcing you to do so.

maybe if you gave up the snus you wouldn't miss it as much as you think

well that's a fair and reasoned view from someone who carries two whip chain swords and spends his life trying to kill the gods.

i am quite certain it is much much better than chew/dip and really not much worse than regular vices, rather than the "bad" tobacco like cigs and chew.

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    Rocky Balboa smoked. Joe Camel smoked and look how cool that guy was.

the big 1 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    you know where cigarettes are gaining popularity...3rd world countries where people are too stupid to know it's killing them.

and btw it's a horrible death

I smoked many cigs in my life

you guys don't need them as much as you think

they add nothing to your life

I'm not saying this cause I think I'm better or putting down your habbit, just as encouragement if you're thinking of quiting at some point anyway...go for it and never look back, it's the worst poision people put into their body and pay for...I think even worse then booz.
    Ahh, a reformed smoker, always the worst for critisizing smokers!!!

Blog Entries
    If you live in japan, they say walking down the street is like smoking 20 cigs due to all the pollution from about a zillion cars , so theyre all ****ed whether they smoke or not ...

Also, you could smoke a pipe all day long and die when youre 82 like my late grandfather did ...

And also, i could quit smoking, drinking and start eating my five a day and all that good stuff and then walk out the front door and get hit by a bus!!!

See my point ?
    Last edited by the big 1; 04-10-2010 at 04:40 AM.

Blog Entries
    Ok so i might sound abit arrogant about smoking, yeah its bad for you and it can kill you, but there are far more things in life that concern me.

Like when im in afghanistan getting shot at by taliban, or jumping off the back of a helicopter with routar blades that could dicapetate my head, or driving down the motor way at 90 mph to get to work on time on monday mornings.

so when i consider the risks of smoking they dont size up to the things i used to do when i was younger, and just think **** it, im gonna die anyway one day ; it could be tomorow, it could be in 60 years, i dont think smoking will make a big difference to me, if your gonna die your gonna die its phate
    Last edited by the big 1; 04-10-2010 at 04:51 AM.

Pr3ss is offline New Member
    I gave up smoking 3 years back just so I can do cardio .. feel much better now and save a bit of $$ too.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by the big 1 View Post
    Ok so i might sound abit arrogant about smoking, yeah its bad for you and it can kill you, but there are far more things in life that concern me.

Like when im in afghanistan getting shot at by taliban, or jumping off the back of a helicopter with routar blades that could dicapetate my head, or driving down the motor way at 90 mph to get to work on time on monday mornings.

so when i consider the risks of smoking they dont size up to the things i used to do when i was younger, and just think **** it, im gonna die anyway one day ; it could be tomorow, it could be in 60 years, i dont think smoking will make a big difference to me, if your gonna die your gonna die its phate

Im not hating on you or could I care if you smoke or not, but I laugh when someone compares their unhealthy vice with the likes of getting hit by a bus or having their head tore off by a helicopter. If we're going to die at any moment, then throw all caution to the wind. Smoke crack, ride your bike without a helmet, run with scissors, etc.

I really wouldn't be so concerned about how it will/may eventually kill you, but more of the negative effects on your quality of life. It will (already has) damage your cardiovascular system, blunt your ability to taste/smell, cause impotence, wrinkle your skin, turn your fingernails yellow and cause your home, car and body to smell like ass.

And at an ever increasing cost!
    Last edited by Bossman; 04-10-2010 at 06:26 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810 View Post
    Im not hating on you or could I care if you smoke or not, but I laugh when someone compares their unhealthy vice with the likes of getting hit by a bus or having their head tore off by a helicopter. If we're going to die at any moment, then throw all caution to the wind. Smoke crack, ride your bike without a helmet, run with scissors, etc.

I really wouldn't be so concerned about how it will/may eventually kill you, but more of the negative effects on your quality of life. It will (already has) damage your cardiovascular system, blunt your ability to taste/smell, cause impotence, wrinkle your skin, turn your fingernails yellow and cause your home, car and body to smell like ass.

And at an ever increasing cost!
    Your right and i respect your view.

But, lets consider how most of the people on this site who are against smoking are probly using steroids .

Steroids damage the cardiovascular system more than cigarrettes do, ie ; growth of the heart and its ventricals.

They also can cause ; oily skin, acne, prostate enlargement, testicular atrophy, impotence and many more sides as you already know.

When you compare smoking to steroids, steroids are 100 times more dangeroud imo.

I would think quality of life decreased more from steroids than smoking.

studies would state more die from smoking than steroids, but thats only due to the vast amount of people that smoke compared to the minority that take steroids.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Your right and i respect your view.

But, lets consider how most of the people on this site who are against smoking are probly using steroids .

Steroids damage the cardiovascular system more than cigarrettes do, ie ; growth of the heart and its ventricals.

They also can cause ; oily skin, acne, prostate enlargement, testicular atrophy, impotence and many more sides as you already know.

When you compare smoking to steroids, steroids are 100 times more dangeroud imo.

I would think quality of life decreased more from steroids than smoking.

studies would state more die from smoking than steroids, but thats only due to the vast amount of people that smoke compared to the minority that take steroids.
    LOL,Now you're comparing smoking to steroids. Apples and oranges.

What benefit do you get from smoking aside from the satisfaction? I don't think I need to list all of the possible benefits from steroids. Steroids don't have to be unhealthy. It depends on how you take them.

My point was you're trying to justify your smoking by demonizing other things. You know smoking is unhealthy. And yes, there are lots of other unhealthy things in this world too. But they don't negate the risk of smoking.

You smoke because you either enjoy it or you're addicted. There is no other benefit, only risk. Your choice, but it's an unhealthy one.

I'm not criticisting. Just offering friendly encouragment to quit.
    Maybe ex-smokers have the best perspective cause they know what it's done to their lungs and seen the improvements since quitting and are a bit bitter for all the money shoveled into tobacco with nothing in return.

When you're ready to give it up, you'll be happier for it. But I have no probem with smokers. As long as they are doing it in their own house, car or outside, I don't see how anybody can complain about smokers.

My experience is once people get past 25, they start wishing it was a habit they didn't have. A few of my friends still haven't been able to quit...but the fact they have tried more then once leads me to think they aren't all that satisfied with the habit.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I understand that there are a TON of smokers out there and that certainly contributes to the high death toll..... However..... As of a few years ago.... I believe the death toll from steroids was at 3 people in america.

Sure they can cause problems when abused..... then again.... so does aspirin.

I personally don't care who smokes (other than my wife) - to each their own. It's not my life, my lungs, my choice.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    What I seem to find is that smokers don't regret smoking until something bad happens to them that was caused by smoking. Smoking may not get you today..... or tomorrow..... hell - you may smoke for 50 years and not have problems..... but if you do develope emphazema, cancer, or who knows what..... I wont feel bad for you..... you've been warned.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Never have taken a puff from a cig in my life, and never plan on it.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    I had a couple of smokes today

Blog Entries
    for me cigarettes are just a staple in my day, i mostly smoke in between meals, i think it stops me overeating to be honest.

My mum, dad, brothers and sisters, auntys and uncles all smoke, i would love to quit and have done for 6 months before, but im surrounded by smokers and always have been, which is probably why i started in the first place.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    that's the trademark of an addiction, not being a dick, but i have a friend who did one semester of college, found a certain herb, and now all he does is smoke, sell, and sleep, rarely eats, etc...

he says the same thing, he thinks he can stop anytime, he just doesn't want to because he feels, "he sees the world how it really is" when he's smoking
    LOL, sounds like a few people I know who have told me for the last 30 years they could quit if they wanted. Hmmm how many times did they tell me they decided to quit for this reason or that but they seemed to change their mind again. LOL

I use to smoke cigs and smoke. I enjoy like much more without. I use to think I enjoyed it but it was more the addiction/craving talking. I can defiantly breath better, dont smell like cigarettes/stink, I dont feel like I NEED to light up in the morning or while Im driving or??? I realized those things where nothing more than an addiction. I got no real pleasure out of it only satified the stress of not doing it.

As for the other smoke. It's nice to not have my head in the fog the last 30 years like it was before.

I think both should be an option/personal choice except in certain circumstances such as the work place depending on the job but my choice is/would still be not to partake anymore. Been there, done that, matured since then.

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I was a smoker for years and I feel to quite is a personnal thing that comes to you, not through pressure from others but its when you wake up and dont wont to suck on that morning cig and of course the day that cigs stop being an enjoyment to you other than that you wont quite if you enjoy a cig have your cig and bollocks to the do gooders thers is loads of things thats bad for us but we still do them,I beleve when your time comes and thank god that we dont know that day live life to the full because that day will come so on that note grab a cig and a beer and chill

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Not so true. I am a reformed smoker and you will see I have stuck up for smokers right many times over the years on this forum and many others.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Not so true. I am a reformed smoker and you will see I have stuck up for smokers right many times over the years on this forum and many others.
    I know dude, im just kidding.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I understand that there are a TON of smokers out there and that certainly contributes to the high death toll..... However..... As of a few years ago.... I believe the death toll from steroids was at 3 people in america.

Sure they can cause problems when abused..... then again.... so does aspirin.

I personally don't care who smokes (other than my wife) - to each their own. It's not my life, my lungs, my choice.....

~Haz~
    Wow I never thought I would say this but I have to agree with Hazel on this.....

weed makes me paranoid and have a lot of social anxiety issues but i could careless i love the stuff, i like 2-3 bowls a day, part the reason why im always at my house. Also as crazy as it sounds weed can also help you with bulking up, as long as you don't have junk food it'll make u eat more of your bodybuilding food and it makes you hungrier and makes it better tasting.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhero d-bolman View Post
    weed makes me paranoid and have a lot of social anxiety issues but i could careless i love the stuff, i like 2-3 bowls a day, part the reason why im always at my house. Also as crazy as it sounds weed can also help you with bulking up, as long as you don't have junk food it'll make u eat more of your bodybuilding food and it makes you hungrier and makes it better tasting.
    so does T3 and I rather have that then weed but its just me.....

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810 View Post
    If we're going to die at any moment, then throw all caution to the wind. Smoke crack, ride your bike without a helmet, run with scissors, etc.
    Run with scissors!? Are you NUTS! Do you know the fatality rate for a man running with scissors?

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you live in japan, they say walking down the street is like smoking 20 cigs due to all the pollution from about a zillion cars , so theyre all ****ed whether they smoke or not ...

Also, you could smoke a pipe all day long and die when youre 82 like my late grandfather did ...

And also, i could quit smoking, drinking and start eating my five a day and all that good stuff and then walk out the front door and get hit by a bus!!!

See my point ?
    Are you sure you dont mean China, or maybe Japan has a massive smog issue as well?? I did a report this year called "Toxic Linfen", about one of the worlds dirtiest cities, which happened to be in China. I remember an undercover journalist saying that breathing the air in Linfen for a day was the equivilent of smoking at least one pack of smokes a day.

I agree with your other points, some people just have incredible constitutions and can live till 90 having smoked 30 a day since the age of 12. Then you get health freaks that can die of cancer at the age of 30.

My only real gripe is the massive cash machine it is for the government, which wouldnt be so bad if the same governments didnt nay say on other drugs which have far less negative side effects.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information