DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

"God hates fags"

A grieving father won a nearly $11 million verdict Wednesday against a fundamentalist Kansas church that pickets military funerals out of a belief that the war in Iraq is a punishment for the nation's tolerance of homosexuality.

Albert Snyder of York, Pa., sued the Westboro Baptist Church for unspecified damages after members demonstrated at the March 2006 funeral of his son, Lance Cpl. Matthew Snyder, who was killed in Iraq.

The jury first awarded $2.9 million in compensatory damages. It returned in the afternoon with its decision to award $6 million in punitive damages for invasion of privacy and $2 million for causing emotional distress.

Snyder's attorney, Craig Trebilcock, had urged jurors to determine an amount "that says don't do this in Maryland again. Do not bring your circus of hate to Maryland again."

Church members routinely picket funerals of military personnel killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, carrying signs such as "Thank God for dead soldiers" and "God hates fags."

A number of states have passed laws regarding funeral protests, and Congress has passed a law prohibiting such protests at federal cemeteries. But the Maryland lawsuit is believed to be the first filed by the family of a fallen serviceman.

The church and three of its leaders — the Rev. Fred Phelps and his two daughters, Shirley Phelps-Roper and Rebecca Phelps-Davis, 46 — were found liable for invasion of privacy and intent to inflict emotional distress.

Church loses 11 million

Albert Snyder, father of a fallen US Marine, had won an $11-million damages suit against Westboro Baptist Church (WBC), after Westboro picketed the funeral of his son.

An appeals court overturned the decision.

To add insult to injury, Albert Snyder has been ordered to pay $16,000 in legal fees to WBC. The blogosphere is alight, and Fox’s Bill O’Reilly has said he will personally cover the fees.

Mr. Snyder is taking them to the Supreme Court – let’s keep an eye on this. It will go to the heart of free speech vs. hate speech.

Appeals, overturns , comes out with 16K in court fees

Fox News host Bill O'Reilly will pick up the legal tab of the father of a fallen U.S. Marine after a judge ruled that he must pay the court costs incurred by the members of the controversial Westboro Baptist Church, whom he sued for protesting his son's funeral.

This particular church is infamous for protesting the funerals of U.S. servicemen with signs saying that God killed the soldiers because of homosexuality in America, among other things.

O'Reilly called the legal fees an "outrage":

I will pay Mr. Snyder's obligation. I am not going to let this injustice stand.

Bill O'Reilly To Pay Court Costs Of Fallen Marine's Father

What is going on !

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    Im so glad! I hate those ****ing sickos!!

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Fred Phelps and his lunatic family target pretty much everyone, not just homosexuals. They turn up at funerals for dead soldiers with banners saying

"Your son/daughter is in Hell".

Basically, in their eyes, the only people going to Heaven is the Phelps family and everyone else is fvcked.

I am slightly emabarrased to say this but if I knew I could get away with it, I would... well you can guess.........

chadstud is offline Associate Member
    They sound kind of like the group against war veterans

No they are more than that!! They are worthless Hate Mongers.

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    the world would be much better off if they all got together and drank the special kool-aid..
    these sick fvkts need to die, i dont give a shit, they all need to be destroyed...

hats off to Bill O'Reilly, regardless if u like him or not, class move....
    on his show the other night, dennis miller went nuts on these sick people....

Kibble is offline Anabolic Member
    I think that when I retire from the military I will join those patriots who defend the funerals. Their website is amazing and their cause is genuine. Not to mention.... 300 bikers will easily shut up 50 inbred phaggot college bitch-ass motherfvckers

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    what site is that Kuntry?

I will dig it up. Hold up

http://www.legion.org/riders/about

These guys ride all over the country and defend military funerals. they raise money for children and disables veterans. They get together and force the Kansas protester groups to leave. The law enforcement officers usually side with the bikers. These guys show up in full force. They get off of their bikes and form physical barriers between the funeral and the protestors.

You do not even have to ride a motorcycle to join their group. One day I will stand with them and help our fallen soldiers lay down peacefully

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    im pretty sure the majority of the people that do these protests are inbred carny retards... like i'm not exaggerating at all, seriously. If I drove by and saw that sh*t I'd stop my car and start swinging, how much trouble could you really get in? It's almost like fending off a rapist.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    there are some sick fvckers out there

was the guy's son gay?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I wouldnt say they are Kansas Protesters, no one there likes them there either. They just so happen to have their cult there.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    there are some sick fvckers out there

was the guy's son gay?
    Probably not, nor does it matter. That group protests all sorts of stupid things. This is just their latest attempt to get media attention. In a couple years they will choose another scheme to get attention.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Hard.On is offline Senior Member
    I dont like Fags either

but gay people are cool

Abominator is offline Banned
    Read about this a few weeks back. You should see some of the interviews with the people of that church--it'll make you sick. One woman goes on camera and says, "Thank God for dead soldiers." F*cking despicable. I'd take pleasure in seeing them tortured and killed.

OhioMuscle22 is offline Associate Member
    i read the thread topic and i was like oh sh*t someones bout to piss off DSM. Thanks god he started the topic lol.

cobra305 is offline Member
    It is an unfortunate situation these people are in, one day they are going to wake up and realize they completely wasted their lives disrespecting the lost lives of those that faught for their freedom to act likely total d'bags. In any case I am in the military so my opinion is biased but these people suck at life. Either way freedom of speech is something I believe in so screw you unrighteous ****s I hope you all die a slow miserable death. And as far as homosexuals go I could give a shit if they are in the military as long as they do their job. Liking someone of the same sex does not make you less of a person in fact the ability to admit this and accept the negative reprucussions from this ignorant world we live in makes you a stronger person in my opinion.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    fuken assholes! people like them should be stoped! no one should be allowed to disrespect a funeral of any soldier!!........though i dont think 11 million should be given to one person, it should go to a cause for all soldiers fighting and or the injured!

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    yeah there is not a place in hell hot enough for those fvckers

DarnGoodLookin is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LatissimusaurousRex View Post
    im pretty sure the majority of the people that do these protests are inbred carny retards... like i'm not exaggerating at all, seriously. If I drove by and saw that sh*t I'd stop my car and start swinging, how much trouble could you really get in? It's almost like fending off a rapist.
    You would be playing right into their hands. They want you to get mad enough to the point where you hit them. I'm sure they not only make their money off media attention, but lawsuits as well.

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    Shit human beings.

Hard.On is offline Senior Member
    Do they wear these suits to church?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post

hats off to Bill O'Reilly, regardless if u like him or not, class move....
    on his show the other night, dennis miller went nuts on these sick people....
    I have to agree. I was on the fence about how i felt about this guy but his actions help me decide which way to go.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    They even get the kids in on it!

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    A federal law should be passed to prevent these people form disrespecting a soldiers funeral.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    1).My hats is off to Bill O'Reilly.
    2) I really question the thought process of the judge that awarded court costs to the so-called "church".
    3) Any group/church/organization that places so little value on the lives of these soldiers should no longer be entitled to the rights/privileges that they currently enjoy. Others may disagree with my opinion....but anyway...

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

makelovenotwar21 is offline Associate Member
    this is pretty much all I knew about bill o'reilly before reading that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tJjNVVwRCY

OCTOBER-2009 is offline Junior Member
    If one of my family members died and the Westboro Baptist Church Pukes were at the funeral protesting, I don't think I could control myself. I would take one for the team, do a drive by on their asses, and do my time knowing society is better off. Shit, a jury might not even convict me because of my "temporary insanity".

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    They even get the kids in on it!

You see that sick stuff all the time, parents using kids for their agenda. There should also be a law kids should not be allowed at rally's or protest until they are at least 16-18.

These kids above have no idea what they are doing or saying. They only know what their moron parents have feed them and not old enough to have their own opinions yet.

If anyone is interested check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt1kN6hzabc

Its part 1 of 5 of a program called "Keith Allen vs Westborough Baptist Church".

Shirley Phelps is surprisingly polite despite her radical beliefs, but Keith attempts to double foot them and point out their blazing hypocrises. Good viewing. You can find the other parts of this in the YouTube side bars.

I just want to add, and some of you will find this quite controversial, but I actually believe that the Phelps family actually interpret Bible exactly as it was intended to be. They are completelty intolerant and ignorant of everyone and you can find everything they preach in the Bible.

The Bible is just sugar coated today and the message is simply interpreted down to what we find conveniant.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    I just want to add, and some of you will find this quite controversial, but I actually believe that the Phelps family actually interpret Bible exactly as it was intended to be. They are completelty intolerant and ignorant of everyone and you can find everything they preach in the Bible.

The Bible is just sugar coated today and the message is simply interpreted down to what we find conveniant.
    Actually, the crap they dispense is their interpretation of what King James decided should be the Bible for the masses.
    From what I've read and actually had the time to verify, their views are so far removed and convoluted from what was actually written in the Masoretic Text and Greek manuscripts that I find it amazing that these type of zealots are capable of reading a street sign and understanding what it says.
    Now, don't get me wrong. I"m not one of these hypocritical Bible thumpers that you see standing on the street corner yelling at people and swearing that the Earth is on;y 6,000 years old because that's the estimated age of the Book of Genesis.
    I'm far from that. Rather than have someone try to force their belief system on me, I do my best to research what was originally written and make my own decisions.
    ... I still think that these insensitive lunatics should lose the privileges/status granted to their church by the Constitution of this country when they can't even honor the service and memory of the soldiers that are sacrificing for this country....and I'm too p!ssed off to even comment on their behavior towards the families trying to mourn the loss of their loved ones.

AG
    Last edited by almostgone; 04-11-2010 at 11:32 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

sanman is offline Associate Member
    F**k THEM ALL!!!!!!!! SHOULD PULL A "WACO" ON THEM MOTHERF**KERS!!!!!!!!!!

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post

^Actually, that's completely false.

PM me if you wish (since religious threads tend to get out of hand here) and I'll explain everything that's wrong with that statement.

Thread Information