Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wtf is that?!

RoadToRecovery is offline Senior Member
    Yeah the goliath bird eating spider(turantula) is the largest, but the huntsman actually mimics its diameter and circumference according to wiki.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    NEW JERSEY: We may have guido's...... but we don't have giant 1ft spiders!

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Spiders are awesome and im amazed at how many of you are scared of them! Do you ask your girlfriends to take them out the room if you discover one??

Spider silk is extremely strong material, it's tensile strength is far superior to high grade steel and it's just as strong as kevlar. It's very light weight, infact if one spider threaded one string round the circumfrence of the earth the entire strand would weigh no more than 500 grams. Infact, im pretty sure that the creation of kevlar and steel wool came from science looking at how spiders webs work.

Spider silk is the benchmark for polyfibre technology due to their strength, weight, toughness and durability under extreme temperatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Spiders are awesome and im amazed at how many of you are scared of them! Do you ask your girlfriends to take them out the room if you discover one??

Spider silk is extremely strong material, it's tensile strength is far superior to high grade steel and it's just as strong as kevlar. It's very light weight, infact if one spider threaded one string round the circumfrence of the earth the entire strand would weigh no more than 500 grams. Infact, im pretty sure that the creation of kevlar and steel wool came from science looking at how spiders webs work.

Spider silk is the benchmark for polyfibre technology due to their strength, weight, toughness and durability under extreme temperatures.
    Actually kevlar is alien technology...... After the crash in roswell, NM - we developed Laser technology, kevlar, and fiberoptics.....

LMAO! I did hear that someplace tho haha

~Haz~

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToRecovery View Post
    LMFAO!

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Normal house hold spiders are childs play... were talking about 11 inch diameter spiders here. Its a creepy thing more than a fear with me... If I walk through a spider web and cant see the spider ill freak out. But if I see one on the wall or near me It wont bother me. I dont care who you are, if you see an 11 and a half inch spider on the wall (huntsman spider) and you dont know wtf it is... you WILL die inside.

Normal house hold spiders are childs play... were talking about 11 inch diameter spiders here. Its a creepy thing more than a fear with me... If I walk through a spider web and cant see the spider ill freak out. But if I see one on the wall or near me It wont bother me. I dont care who you are, if you see an 11 and a half inch spider on the wall (huntsman spider) and you dont know wtf it is... you WILL die inside.
    LMFAO - I'm the same way. I was driving one day last week and a spider lowered itself from the ceiling of the car..... right infront of my face. It was descending to my lap and I grabbed my coat from the passenger seat and swatted the thing down and I was punching all over my lap and seat LOL! I never found the fvcker..... and because of that..... i wouldn't wear my jacket for 2 days HAHA!

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Are you sure that was a black widow? Although a black widow bite is no fun, the effects are systemic whereas a brown recluse spider's bite gives a person the problems you just described. This is what a brown recluse bite with do..
    Well the fact that it was on Youtube the chances that the video could very well be mislabeled are pretty good. I lived in Texas for awhile and have heard the horror stories of the effects of the brown recluse. They are prevalent down there.

Heres a link to the vid if anyone is interested in throwing up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1WxLeYpsSY

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~

Hell i'd eat it.. throw it on the grill like everything else..

TheArtist is offline Member
    how the hell does something that damn big, just slip into your house?
    lol it probably opened the door and just came on in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information