Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Products to help with sleep

I have had some serious insomnia lately (kind of like the fact its 4:30 AM right now). Ive tried melatonin but no matter what dose it never sees to work. What else do you guys use for sleep?

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Many variables to consider.

Outside life schedule
    Over training
    Excessive Stress related issues

If the above isn't the issue then consider:

Valerian extract or Valerian Root.
    Kava
    Cut out caffeine
    Avoid sweets
    Magnesium-rich foods
    Tryptophan
    Chamomile tea

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    I Use either zopiclone, valium or phenergan

BTW, if this insomnia is as serious as you say, seek professional help. No OTC will promote sleep if your current condition is serious.

Had great experience with Ambien when I had my insomnia days. Only script I ever took and it worked fine.

Keep us posted.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    xanax

Batt is offline Junior Member
    Like Stevey 6t9 said . A xanax will put you right down.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Why do you think you have insomnia? Stressed out?

Stress/Seems to run in the family(both dad and brother have issues and prescribed)/Tren

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Beat your d!ck like it owes you money !

n00bs is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    I have had some serious insomnia lately (kind of like the fact its 4:30 AM right now). Ive tried melatonin but no matter what dose it never sees to work. What else do you guys use for sleep?
    If your melatonin is already high it could back log serotonin and cause problems (high serotonin has its own problems along with low)..

Could be a vitamin issue? if you dont have enough pyrodoxine (b6) then l-glutmine wont covnert into gaba(natural vlaium) .. It will convert into glutamate (excito-toxin exact opposite effects of gaba.)

I trust you are having a good b complex at least twice daily?

Next on the list would be stress but why stress?

Cortisol....

Evil thing ****s sleep and trust me i know about that one...

Vitamin c however does lower cortisol in large enough dosages .

If you are taking 5htp at night that can also increase cortisol...

Next on the list is caffeine...

I just finished reading this book. And let me say i will never touch caffeine again... Alot of double blind palcebo studies in it to make even the worst critic a beliver...

If you are not having caffeine at all (because even 1 can deplete melatonin and **** with s4 sleep). Then look at your self spiritually and emotionally... Try some breathing techniques in for 2 out for 4 and hum on the out breath.. Sounds mad yes i thought so as well but there are studies showing that hummin actually increases serotonin in the brain. I guess those monks were onto something...

If none of that works rub one out or smash a bottle of vodka because im out of ideas.

Good luck

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    Had great experience with Ambien when I had my insomnia days. Only script I ever took and it worked fine.
    Keep us posted.
    Careful with Ambien. One of the sides is that it is a halucigen. My pops was taking, woke up early one morning, and started loading his revolver. Moms is like... what are you doing? He says he's cleaning his gun, but continues to load. Moms starts getting scared, Pops is acting strangely. When she asks him to give her the gun, he says no, and starts spinning the chambers. Moms calls 911, sheriffs arrive, and off pops goes in an ambulance. he falls asleep again and wakes up in a hospital. he's like what the hell am i doing here? He had no memory of any of it. at first they thought he might have been stroking out, but no. he checked clean. then they asked about his scrips and sure enough. Ambien! Later, he found others with other similar weird stories, where they were walking around in a somnibalistic state, or sleep walking, fully functional, but apon waking, no memory.

Me personally, I also take the night time antihistamine sold at walmart. it's a little yellow pill, and causes drowsiness.

Yes^^ That's why I recommended OTC in my first post. I would only results in Scripts if the problem were serious and you were being advised by a qualified M.D.

To the guys who said Xanax, not great advice. Alprazolam will put you out but is a medication not specifically designed for insomnia or sleeping disorders, but rather anxiety, panic attacks, and depression. I have extensive experience with this drug, and it should not be advised for strictly sleeping disorders.

To the OP, consults your doctor before considering anything that requires a written script.
    Last edited by HawaiianPride.; 06-30-2010 at 10:26 AM.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Xanax is a very powerful drug. One of my exes used to abuse it along with a lot of other pills and street drugs. I personally wouldn't use it jmo.

Cut out all coffee after 3 pm. That includes energy drinks if you can.

I use a rotation of benadryl one one day, valerian root the next, then melatonin the next, repeat.

Clean your sheets often. A lot of people have noticed this makes a difference.

Bath or shower before bed

I'm actually having trouble sleeping also. I appear to have a computer addiction to be honest. Yesterday I bookmarked a website with some tips on sleeping heres what it says:

1 Acknowledge it is late. Seriously now, for most of the people who go to bed late it is mostly a problem of mentality. You look at the clock and think "02:00? Oh, no problem, I've still got plenty of time". No, you don't. When you make it a habit to go to bed way past midnight, your idea of late becomes an increasingly later hour. So, the next time you look at the clock and see it's past 23:30 (or any time you'd consider 'early'), abandon everything you were doing at that time and start hurrying to go to bed. The first step in starting to go to bed early is redefining your idea of 'early' and 'late'.

Give yourself reasons for getting to bed earlier. One good incentive is recalling a time (or several) when your lateness in getting to bed had disastrous results: you overslept, didn't get enough sleep, became sick, etc. Also, if you're a habitual late-nighter (e.g. college student), this will give you a chance to see that rarest of natural phenomena: a sunrise! Staying up through the night to see the sunrise does not count!

Determine what time you need to wake. "Well, most of the time I wake-up at 7:00, but sometimes I wake-up at 6:00 to do homework" isn't a good answer. If you planned on waking up at 6 then you would think that going to bed an hour earlier would make up for it, but you wouldn't be tired at said bedtime, so you would lie in bed for an hour and only get 7 hours of sleep. Your wake-up time needs to be the same every day except for rare occasions. Weekends are not rare.

Subtract 8 hours from the time you wake up. Determine how long it actually takes you to fall asleep. Don't glance at the alarm clock constantly to test this, just think whether you lie in bed for what seems for hours, or does your head barely hit the pillow? If the first one is the case you should subtract on hour from the time you have. If your head barely hits the pillow you only need about five minutes in bed before your -8 hour time. If you're somewhere in between 30 minutes should be a safe amount of time to be in bed before you need to fall asleep.

Do something calming before bedtime. The computer may be calming but your brain naturally makes you sleepy when it is dark, so by staring at a screen you are keeping yourself alert and wide-awake for longer than you should. A shower is an excellent thing to do before bed. Make your activity a sort of ritual. This helps.

Go to bed right when you start feeling tired. The best time to go to bed is when you can't stop yawning and feel the need to just close your eyes and lay your head down. If you force yourself to stay awake, after this stage is over, you'll have a slight headache because of tiredness, but stop feeling that urge to go to sleep, which makes you stay awake even more.

Be strict about your bedtime. Force yourself to turn off the computer and TV before bed. By turning off the computer (not the monitor) you would have to wait for it to reboot and normally that is enough to persuade you to get off the computer. Throw the remote for your TV across the room or onto the floor (gently). Getting up to turn on the TV hardly seems worth it, huh?

After you have been following a bed time for a week or so, if you are still tired or very unwilling to get up in the morning you may still owe yourself a few hours. Let yourself sleep way in on the weekend. Do this a few times and you will probably no longer feel the need to sleep in on the weekends. That's good. That means that you get enough sleep every night. If you keep wanting to get up earlier than your wake-up time then go to bed a little later. Some people need less sleep than others and you may no longer have to go to bed an hour early anymore because of your routine.
    #
    Reward yourself for your discipline. Treat yourself to a movie for every two weeks you successful get to bed early. Notice how much better you feel in your day-to-day life, in school, or at your job. If you're getting somewhere around 8 hours of sleep per night, and at the right time, you'll probably notice a dramatic increase in your physical and mental health!

Vitruvian-Man is offline Banned
    It's the tren that is giving you insomnia.

I would not begin taking sedative-hypnotics yet. They are highly addictive.

-VM

C-MaN is offline Senior Member
    whiskey..

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    dont know if you can get it in the US, but nytol works well for me, its a light over the counter tab and really does work, you poss could order it from UK? like VM states they can also still be habit forming though

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Sleep is very easy while on GH. Very vivid dreams as well.

Walnutz is offline Member
    I take ketotifen or benadryl.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitruvian-Man View Post

-VM
    I know this but the thing is the tren just makes the problem worse. I already have troubles precycle.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    A warm cup of Bovine Lactose, 30 minutes before bedtime does it for me.
    But if that doesn't work, you might talk to some friends who grew up in the seventies and see if they have any left over Quaaludes.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Ive heard sex works, but I dont have any experience there

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    Ive heard sex works, but I dont have any experience there
    Just remember that sex is like laundry, if it's a small load, you do it by hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    Just what the doctor ordered...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYqNVQIKHyo

vanduhl is offline Senior Member
    Ketamine

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    dont rely on sleep aids....they will just set you further back in the long run.

stop taking NO preworkout products, caffene before bed, turn your tv/pc off 30 mins before you want to sleep..... let the mind relax.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitruvian-Man View Post

-VM
    xxxx2

Thread Information