In regards to my last thread to "Help cure my daughter", Help cure my Daughter, I just wanted to take a moment to let everyone know how much your efforts helped for the June campaign with the Pepsi Refresh Project and their support for girls with Rett Syndrome, which is what my daughter has. Rett Syndrome is a genetic condition that mostly affects girls and slowly robs them of their every function, finally taking their lives. Some girls die as early as 3 years old. I just found out yesterday that another 12 year old lost her battle to Rett Syndrome.

We tried to make it to at least 2nd place for June. Should we have made it, Pepsi would have granted us $250,000 dollars towards the research for Rett Syndrome; which by the way is only about 2 years from a very possible cure. Rett Syndrome has been successfully reversed in mice models in 2009. Now we just have to know if it works safely in our girls the same way. This is where the extra money is needed and Pepsi is stepping up to the plate along with one other private sponsor who is going to math Pepsi's 250k for a total of a half million dollars towards this much needed cure.

So we missed our mark in June by only 5 spots where we sat in 7th position. But none of it was in vein and ever single person who voted here will make our second chance a very possible reality for a July running.

If you already noticed, we are moving up the placements fast for July very quickly, and this is only day 1. As I write, we are currently at the number 4 position. That is only 2 away from where we need to be. However, we have until July 31st to hold our spot. But if we stay strong from the start and come out swinging, we could very possibly do this.

The Rett page is very heavy right now from comments and here is that page: http://www.refresheverything.com/rettresearchtoreality
It will be slow to open, so if you want a fast way to vote, just go here: http://www.refresheverything.com/search/?q=Rett

It only takes about 5 seconds to vote, and you can log in with your facebook to do it fast if you want. Also remember, your vote wont count until the vote button disappears.

Again, I would like to express my gratitude towads everyone who supports this cause. It really means a lot to because my daughter means the world to me and I would do anything to get her better. And you guys are a huge part of this, so thank you.