MotoLifter is offline Senior Member

For Pitbull lovers

great vid!!!

some sad moments but overall a great message.

love the 1st person pit bull perspective the author takes.

have a look...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJueekvhRDI

Moto

deuce24 is offline New Member
    awesome video. I have a bully razors edge myself. I went to the ADBA nationals a couple years ago, the weight some of those dogs could pull was incredible.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Pits do get a bad rap when it's the people who make them turn for the most part. I would still never own a pit unless it was from a pup. I feel the dog has less of a chance of turning if he/she grew up with you.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Pits do get a bad rap when it's the people who make them turn for the most part. I would still never own a pit unless it was from a pup. I feel the dog has less of a chance of turning if he/she grew up with you.
    yah, its all the insecure idiots who buy them so they look tough and never train them to be aware of their size and surroundings. Almost 90% of the time its some 140lb guy who wants to look like a rap video with gold chains in Pitty's in front of an escalade.

I took my friends Pitty to the "Pets in the park" event put on by the Edmonton Humane society 2 weeks ago and he got the most attention out of the hundreds of dogs there... he is the biggest suck-ass in the world and his life is made perfect by a belly rub. Girls 20-30 think he's the sexiest dog (aside from me) and he got so much attention. Couldnt help but be a little upset how parents would avoid walking within 20' of him... cause as we all know, Pitbulls just have it in them to tear faces off children and knaw legs off of seniors...

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    I wish I could have an APBT. Unfortunately, BSL has reared it's ugly head and APBTs are banned where I live (Miami, FL). I have a Bull Terrier, which often gets confused for an APBT. I think it's great that people who I'm sure are convinced that they know oh so much about dogs can't tell the difference between a Bull Terrier and an American Pit Bull Terrier. ****ing morons.

I used to try to educate people, in my own assholish manner. Now when asked if he's an APBT I just reply "Yes...and he's going to kill you!!!"

I even had someone anonymously call Animal Control on me, and tell them I had a Pit Bull in hopes of getting the reward for turning one in. I wish I knew who that coward mother****er was.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    yah, its all the insecure idiots who buy them so they look tough and never train them to be aware of their size and surroundings. Almost 90% of the time its some 140lb guy who wants to look like a rap video with gold chains in Pitty's in front of an escalade.

I took my friends Pitty to the "Pets in the park" event put on by the Edmonton Humane society 2 weeks ago and he got the most attention out of the hundreds of dogs there... he is the biggest suck-ass in the world and his life is made perfect by a belly rub. Girls 20-30 think he's the sexiest dog (aside from me) and he got so much attention. Couldnt help but be a little upset how parents would avoid walking within 20' of him... cause as we all know, Pitbulls just have it in them to tear faces off children and knaw legs off of seniors...
    Although my pit is trained and great with family I still keep distance between strangers when walking him. He is a big/powerful dog and if he were to grab someone he would seriously hurt them so I don't even chance it. If there is someone walking towards me on the same sidewalk I will pull him to the side and have him sit until the person walks by. I think it's better to be safe than sorry.

well, i have a pit got him as a 9 week pup, didnt buy him, rescued him from the pound after they got him from the cops who took him and the rest of the litter from a guy who was raising them to fight. im 230lbs and hes 105lbs, and neither of us could care less what we look like to everyone else. i dont drive an escalade nor rap. but i will agree the minority of bad pit owners has done irreperable damage to the entire breed.

Moto

Quote Originally Posted by MotoLifter View Post
    well, i have a pit got him as a 9 week pup, didnt buy him, rescued him from the pound after they got him from the cops who took him and the rest of the litter from a guy who was raising them to fight. im 230lbs and hes 105lbs, and neither of us could care less what we look like to everyone else. i dont drive an escalade nor rap. but i will agree the minority of bad pit owners has done irreperable damage to the entire breed.

Moto
    sorry bro, didnt mean to offend anyone in specific. These dogs are generally great animals. Im run across some that are just roudy and I wouldnt trust them near anything living. Like DSM said, better to be safe then sorry.

This one in perticular that I play with is only about 90lbs but all he wants is attention. I am yet to see him even growl at a person. He doesnt like it when other dogs try to be dominant and he will stand his ground, but he absolutely loves children (with ketchup)... loves to play with them and is so gentle around them. I always get the "you trust him around ......"... Im like, yah, I lot more than that drunk of a husband you have.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Had a pit once when I was a youngster. Very personable dog btw. Female. Wasn't aggressive. But damn could that dog chew! Would take a 5 lb coffee can, bite it closed, then begin to work the corners, chewing and swallowing little bits of metal until her gums were a bloody mess and the can was thrashed. Once I realized what was going on, couldn't store cans in the garage anymore! Finally had to get rid of her when I went into the garage and she ate the side plate off my motorcycle, half my seat, wiring..... she could devour the largest rawhide stick in just a short while. Didnt' know what else I could do, that dog destroyed everything by chewing it! But a good dog otherwise.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    I rescued a badly scarred apbt from the humane society here in Toronto and had that dog for a couple years...

to this days...i've never seen a better behaved dog than that dog was in ALL situations.

Amazing dog...amazing breed.

sorry bro, didnt mean to offend anyone in specific. These dogs are generally great animals. Im run across some that are just roudy and I wouldnt trust them near anything living. Like DSM said, better to be safe then sorry.

This one in perticular that I play with is only about 90lbs but all he wants is attention. I am yet to see him even growl at a person. He doesnt like it when other dogs try to be dominant and he will stand his ground, but he absolutely loves children (with ketchup)... loves to play with them and is so gentle around them. I always get the "you trust him around ......"... Im like, yah, I lot more than that drunk of a husband you have.
    Thats cool bro. sorry to jump on ya but i fckin hate the people you were describing and got alil pissed (guess the natural test is kickin back in) no worries!

My pity's name is Tank. he could probably rip my leg off if he wanted to, and has hit my legs so hard (while hes running) my back and shoulders hit the ground before anything else. But he has never even looked at any human aggressively. My brothers let him play with thier lil kids, they pull his ears and tail and smack him on the head and he doesnt even bark.

Other animals on the other hand, thats a whooooooole nother story.

Moto

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    My ex got the dog when we broke up... she was the best pit bull ever... this video made me miss her sooo much. I will get another one when the time is right.

I could not handle that part with the hurt and dead dogs in the video.... I hate people who hurt animals... I would put them right up there with rapists, child molesters and women beaters....

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Great vid,,,,,,,,, but man, i get cut up when i see dogs that have been treated badly,,, But yeah i did like the way the video was done

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    good vid. got a pit myself.

Want to get a rotty next though

My fuken god, I didnt actually watch the video earlier cause I didnt have sound, but now that I see the part with the abused dogs I alost broke down. I caught my friends neighbor whipping his rotty a couple years back and proceeded to crack his skull in as many places as I could. While hitting him with his own fuken whip, his dog still tried to protect him.

bigboi317 is offline New Member
    man i love pitbull they are the only dogs i own....i hate when people mistreat them...they too loyal to be mistreated..... i personally own five of them at the moment and just got a new pup
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails For Pitbull lovers-4-21-08-caliber.jpg  

Regular guy is offline Junior Member
    So many places have banned them that if you move frequently it becomes impossible to find a place to live. Have nothing against the breed but have had to shoot my neighbor's pit. The pit had already ripped my dogs hind quarters open and was coming on the porch where my kids were, honestly don't know if the pit was planning on doing didn't care neither. Damn dog ran after the first bullet hit him then turned and ran straight at me. Owners were drug dealers had called animal control previuosly about their dogs, even put a fence around the kids play area. Not to keep the kids in but rather to keep the dogs out when they escaped that house. Oh well. Was the first time I ever gave stitches patching my dog's hind quarter.

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^^ sounds like another example of the owner rather than the dog..... need more control on who has a dog, not so much the dog itself.

Hope your dogs doing ok

Regular guy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Older lifter View Post
    ^^^ sounds like another example of the owner rather than the dog..... need more control on who has a dog, not so much the dog itself.

Hope your dogs doing ok
    Yeah, as some ppl shouldn't have kids, some shouldn't have dogs.

Thanks, this was several years ago and Chance lived a good life and was loved very much.

Thread Information