jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

My acne story (without a twist)

Just finished my cycle 2 weeks ago no bad sides only my chest back and shoulders are full of acne...

Damn! I really hate this....

Never experienced this before........

Thanks Igifuno for the inspiration of this thread.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Dude I am in my 2nd week of Accutane but I can't tell if its working. Haz Noles and some of the other guys gave me a bunch of advice on using it. Thread here:

How effective is Accutane?

I thought I would "tan the acne out". I now have pink dots all over my shoulders. Hoping they just look scar-ish and don't stay permanent.

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Acne sucks and im glad i dont deal with it anymore. Accutane is the best permanent fix (usually) there is.

To cherrydrpepper, my acne got worse for the first month and i didnt notice any clearing until around the 3rd month. It took 6 to have zero acne at all

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    Acne sucks and im glad i dont deal with it anymore. Accutane is the best permanent fix (usually) there is.

To cherrydrpepper, my acne got worse for the first month and i didnt notice any clearing until around the 3rd month. It took 6 to have zero acne at all
    thanks much appreciated

Blog Entries
    Hey can you guys recommend a good body and face lotion for acne?

I am thinking anything with vitamin E would be good? Some of my zits are really red and irritated even after I bust em. Probably because I use my nails sometimes and nails are known to harbor a lot of bacteria. Shower might be best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    Hey can you guys recommend a good body and face lotion for acne?

I am thinking anything with vitamin E would be good? Some of my zits are really red and irritated even after I bust em. Probably because I use my nails sometimes and nails are known to harbor a lot of bacteria. Shower might be best bet.
    This is kind of hijacking JBMs thread but i will answer you.

I only used lotion on my face and arms while using the accutane. Anywhere else and it would make me break out more. I wouldnt go crazy with lotion because it will clog your pores. One that may not is Cetaphil.

I liked the oil free neutrogena face lotion. I had the one with SPF15 because i would burn easy. The sensitive skin one is better if you arent in much sun.

It took me a long time to realize it, and i have a lot of scarring due to it, but you need to stop popping them unless you really need to. I understand some are big and painful and need to be pooped, but leave the little ones alone. Once i stopped popping the little ones i notice a lot less redness and scarring

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Accutane works within weeks for me..... I can go from brutally broken out to clear within a month.

The red spots from bad acne take time to go away. My back was severely broken out - accutane got rid of the acne in about 2-3 weeks. The red spots have been fading over months of time. Tanning will help hide the red marks..... but time will make them disappear.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Anti-bacterial soaps and 5% benzoyl peroxide shower washes worked great for me.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Accutane works within weeks for me..... I can go from brutally broken out to clear within a month.

The red spots from bad acne take time to go away. My back was severely broken out - accutane got rid of the acne in about 2-3 weeks. The red spots have been fading over months of time. Tanning will help hide the red marks..... but time will make them disappear.

~Haz~
    I wish it was 2-3 weeks for me. That was around the time my acne was the worst it had ever been

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    wow, now Im even happier I dont get shitty sides... I hardly ever get acne, on or off cycle...

here are some tips from a make up artist friend of mine:

1) if you need a zit gone quickly, take an aspirin pill in a small dish, crush it up and dissolve with a little bit of rubbing alcohol leaving it in thick paste form... apply to acne

2) get some tea tree oil from any esthetics shop like bodyshop, aveda etc and this is usually good enough for small acne spots within 2-3 days.

Blog Entries
    thanks I am saving these suggestions to a file in my special folder

sorry for hijacking the thread jbm just want these nasty zits gone

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Lol at the thread title.. During cycle and throughout pct I always step up the skin cleansing and acne treatment but have never had to get on accutane luckily. A bit part of it is to be proactive.. if I don't do anything in advance I get huge ass zits in various areas.

Thread Information