Thread: Dine and dash

GymHero is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up Dine and dash

It gives me a rush and me loves it!!! Fvck you dennys

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Lmao, scumbag

haha you shud give it a try, it is honestly addicting! I think i need a intervention

DCI
    Lmao, I can imagine you at an AA meeting Hi my names Dave I have a problem it's the fact I'm addicted to dining and dashing from Denny's lol. Ahh I've done it in England before good fun but not where I live.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    thats not cool man.. those checks don't come out of Denny's pocket they come out of the pocket of the waitress serving you.. she has to take your meal out of her wages.. if she is a bitch, then go for it, but if not then think twice before u do that.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    at least he didn't grab the waitress's ass on the way out.

DCI
    Now then that would be a problem for both him and waitress

Bro thats it! I am using AAS and I keep cussing and I dine and dash 24/7!! it has to be the juice guys!!! )

DCI
    Sorry Judge but I was on AAS and well you know how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by GymHero View Post
    Bro thats it! I am using AAS and I keep cussing and I dine and dash 24/7!! it has to be the juice guys!!! )
    no the AAS only explains why you were able to eat fourteen Grand Slams in one sitting...

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    no the AAS only explains why you were able to eat fourteen Grand Slams in one sitting...
    you must have been my waitor, stop hating

you must have been my waitor, stop hating
    yup.. i knew i would catch you eventually.. Who would have thought that i commute from Ireland to Cali for my job as a waiter at Denny's?

DCI
    Pay is great in Denny's I alwas knew it. I commute too

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    thats not cool man.. those checks don't come out of Denny's pocket they come out of the pocket of the waitress serving you.. she has to take your meal out of her wages.. if she is a bitch, then go for it, but if not then think twice before u do that.
    that may be true in Ireland, but over on this side of the pond, it's not.

matt77 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    Actually it is quite common is the US. It depends on what their policy is on unpaid checks. I have an Ex that it happened too at 2 different places. One made her pay for the entire balance and the other did not. When I use to bar tend I worked at a place that was vert strict on making the staff pay for anything. If you messed a check up or if someone bailed, you paid.

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    a lot of places take your bill out of the waitress/waiters paycheque.

you're not ripping off a huge corporation, you're potentially ripping off someone who gets a shitty wage and relies on tips.

douche.

Quote Originally Posted by matt77 View Post
    Actually it is quite common is the US. It depends on what their policy is on unpaid checks. I have an Ex that it happened too at 2 different places. One made her pay for the entire balance and the other did not. When I use to bar tend I worked at a place that was vert strict on making the staff pay for anything. If you messed a check up or if someone bailed, you paid.
    Huh? Ok, let me back up the truck and say, to the best of my knowledge and belief, in California, this is not allowed. Wage laws prohibit this type of punitive measure by an employer. But Cali is a very liberal state, pro employee. But you know what? I don't specifically know this to be true because I know the exact labor code. But I have been around awhile and never heard this happening in Cali.

Anyone else in Cali hear of this happening? I'm very familiar with the labor code, and can do the research if need be.... just too lazy right now to do it.

AlphaGenetics is offline Senior Member
    Huh? Ok, let me back up the truck and say, to the best of my knowledge and belief, in California, this is not allowed. Wage laws prohibit this type of punitive measure by an employer. But Cali is a very liberal state, pro employee. But you know what? I don't specifically know this to be true because I know the exact labor code. But I have been around awhile and never heard this happening in Cali.

Anyone else in Cali hear of this happening? I'm very familiar with the labor code, and can do the research if need be.... just too lazy right now to do it.
    I never heard of this before either. When I was 15 i worked at a California Dennys and never heard of the waitress having to flip the bill to cover dine and dashers. Especially If a police report was filed.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaGenetics View Post
    I never heard of this before either. When I was 15 i worked at a California Dennys and never heard of the waitress having to flip the bill to cover dine and dashers. Especially If a police report was filed.
    Labor laws are governed at the state level. So what may be true in Cali may NOT be true elswhere. I made the mistake and "assumed" what to be true locally is true nationally. My bad!

(in my above post, i meant to say I "Don't" know the exact labor code.)

DavidII is offline New Member
    Is this a Denny's policy country wide? I have never heard of making a waitress/waiter pay for a tab when the customer bolts. The restaurant simply eats(pun intended) the bill.

I worked at a Big Boys in the early eighties, a bunch of drunks came in one night and ate and ran. The manager ran after them and acted like he was taking their plate number down. He could not actually read it but they didn't know that. About an hour later one of them came back and payed the bill. He said he thought the bill was being paid because he had already left the building. He said he was not aware that a dine and dash was being committed.

Anyway, the manager said that had they not payed the bill, the restaurant would simply have to take the loss, not the waitress.
    Last edited by DavidII; 08-08-2010 at 12:37 PM.

Where did you get this information? Your statement seems to have started a bit of controversy.

I do know that in Tennessee if you tip a waitress, and she hasn't earned enough tips to cover her/his minimum wage salary, the house gets the tips until AFTER she has received enough tips to cover her wage. In Cali, the waitress gets minimum wage (or her regular wage) PLUS whatever tips she recieves.

To illustrate differences in Labor laws by State...

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Well stealing is stealing...I think it be more of a rush not to be a douche bag and to act your age.

That being said...I did dine and dash on denny's once before...I literally waited 40 minutes for a check....didn't come so I left.

just for clarification.. i was born in Dublin but raised in the Sacramento, CA sense i was three years old.. moved back here a couple years ago because i like europe more than the US.. it is allowed there still

my brother was a server for years, as well as many friends of mine.. and i will tell you that it is more common than not.. and unless Denny's recently had a policy change it is enforced there as well.. big companies always shit on the little guy.. no matter what side of the pond you are on

Where did you get this information? Your statement seems to have started a bit of controversy.
    honestly can't remember where i heard it specifically with Denny's.. but i know i was told that.. per my above comment.. my brother told me that and he worked at a popular Steak House in Central Cali

Blog Entries
    soory man but what your doing is so retarded and immature.....be a big boy and pony up the $ to pay for you meals like the rest of society....eventually you will get caught and live through the embarrasment of being a pathetic petty thief.....i cant wait for your "i get such a rush from taking candy from babys thread" should be stellar....i just may vote for you as the biggest troll here on the forum....your attempt at being cool=EPIC FAIL....

just for clarification.. i was born in Dublin but raised in the Sacramento, CA sense i was three years old.. moved back here a couple years ago because i like europe more than the US.. it is allowed there still

my brother was a server for years, as well as many friends of mine.. and i will tell you that it is more common than not.. and unless Denny's recently had a policy change it is enforced there as well.. big companies always shit on the little guy.. no matter what side of the pond you are on
    I live 20 minutes from sacramento.

ahhh.. the good old 916.. can't say i miss it too much. all my mates either got married, are addicted to drugs, or are doing some other retarded sh%t so i had to get the hell out of there. Europe is where its at.

I'm an hour from Sac

I've done immature crap like this before.... stealing gas from another car comes to mind, but I was 15 or 16 at the time. Yes, it was very wrong. But that's how I learned. I did wrong things, thought about it, then stopped. Kids do stuff like that.

Got a smile on my face last night. At 11pm, my door bell rings twice real quick. I go to the door and surprise! No one there. When we were kids, we used to play door bell ditch ALL the time. Made me smile because it brought back those memories, AND I didn't think anyone did that anymore.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    yah, make sure its Tren inclusive, you wont make it past the doors without being winded.

PS- you're a dink =)

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    my wife is a waitress and where she works it comes out of thier pay

DavidII is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    my wife is a waitress and where she works it comes out of thier pay
    Maybe the waitress should chase after the knuckleheads that dine and dash. I mean they are basically taking her money when they do this. What's the worse that can happen? She may be shot at or stabbed. Maybe she could get tangled up in the car as it speeds away. What an ignorant policy for any restaurant to have.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    armed waitresses... Im starting to like this... chicks with guns.

I've done immature crap like this before.... stealing gas from another car comes to mind, but I was 15 or 16 at the time. Yes, it was very wrong. But that's how I learned. I did wrong things, thought about it, then stopped. Kids do stuff like that.

Got a smile on my face last night. At 11pm, my door bell rings twice real quick. I go to the door and surprise! No one there. When we were kids, we used to play door bell ditch ALL the time. Made me smile because it brought back those memories, AND I didn't think anyone did that anymore.
    lol!

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    Honestly I think its irrelevent as to whether or not it comes out of their checks or tips. Your stealing from them. Your stealing from the restraunt, and I am going to take a wild shot in the dark and guess since you ran out, the waitress didnt get a tip. So she got ripped off too. Not cool.

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    thing is: karma is a bitch.

it wont come around right away, but somewhere down the line someone will screw you over - and when they do, just remember the times when you did the same thing to others. maybe some day you'll realize you're not 16 and it's time to be an adult.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Not cool, I knew people who did, they where always the looser punk crowd. I worked in a restaurant at 16 so I had more respect for the people working there than to do something like that.

I dont think I have ever heard of anyone over 16 or 17 doing a dine and dash though.

Age verification may be needed...

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicotine View Post
    thing is: karma is a bitch.

it wont come around right away, but somewhere down the line someone will screw you over - and when they do, just remember the times when you did the same thing to others. maybe some day you'll realize you're not 16 and it's time to be an adult.
    True True on the Karma but he may be still 16..

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    I serve.

I chase people down all the time. Even did it for .13 cents. Don't give a f*ck. What if your boss decided to work you then not pay you for the job in the end. Same goes for servers/bartenders.

We do a job for you since you're too lazy to cook so you better tip or expect a rock in the back of your car window on the way out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information