Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Skyler is offline I thought I knew it all...WRONG!

So, I think I'm gay...

So i was wondering how so many people come up with good titles to threads, that just make everyone feel like they have to check it out. I have no talent for it really, and I was just thinking to myself "what could I write that would draw attention"
    I don't know if it will work, I guess the views will speak for themselves.

Anyway

I have always been a fan of the "hardcore" approach to working out. I mean like old school, Rocky IV when he is training in Russia type of stuff.
    I have gone through some pains to make sure that I beat myself up as much as possible, so toughen myself as much as possible.

I am curious as to what some of you guys do to make your workouts a bit more hardcore? This is a serious question, I really want to know.
    I LOVE other countries, for alot of reasons. Some of the simple reasons are that the culture is different, the weather is different, the cars are different, the people and the way they were raised is different, etc.

So with the ability to hear what so many people, from so many different backgrounds, from all over the world have to say, I would really like to know what you guys do. I mean anything from "I wake up at 02:00 so I can get a meal in" to "I never rest longer between sets than it takes to do a set" to "I work out outside, in the blazing hot sun" etc.

What do you feel that you do to add that little "extra" that most others don't do?

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    dsm had his buzz killed just now haha

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Damn, I thought our team just went up by one.

I'm gay for pay, does that help?

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    I train at Metroflex. Rule says you can't go in there and half ass it, so I have to abide by their rules or Brian kicks me out. Lol.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member

Unhappy

I usally have my buddy put his ball* on the back of my head when i do pushups it adds an extra 1 oz...
    Oh sorry i thought this was the gay forum.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by MBMETC View Post
    I usally have my buddy put his ball* on the back of my head when i do pushups it adds an extra 1 oz...
    Oh sorry i thought this was the gay forum.
    u sure its the back of the head?

vanduhl is offline Senior Member
    cause when my buddy is "spotting" me, its always the front of the head

Quote Originally Posted by vanduhl View Post
    cause when my buddy is "spotting" me, its always the front of the head
    u meant "shooting at me"???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwvoTDoO9Hg

I live in a house that used to be a dentists office. So instead of a back yard, it has a 20 car parking lot. I have a squat rack, lat pull, adjustable bench, free bench, total gym, dumbbells, and ALOT of homemade/improvised equipment. I train in the middle of the day bare foot. No joke. I burn my feet on the pavement, and I there is no shade from the sun, so I sweat more, run out of breath faster, etc. Love it.

vanduhl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    u meant "shooting at me"???
    oh shit...yeah i typed spotting by accident

Quote Originally Posted by vanduhl View Post
    oh shit...yeah i typed spotting by accident
    watch what u r typing no more typos

I try to see the benefits from every type of training, so I incorporate a bit of everything, and rotate/change my training approach regularly. I have a generic TRX suspension trainer, I have a generic total gym, I have my favorite, free weights, I also have a variety of resistance bands, and i am about to fill some coffee cans with cement with a loop handle coming out, so i can use them as kettle bells, and also throw the loop over a barbell to add weight to my mass movements, without having to buy more plate weights (around here, plate weights sell for more than a dollar a lb., a single 45lb plate cost 51 dollars BEFORE tax.)

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    so this wasent you with DSM and friends?

dangerous dan is offline Anabolic Member
    Mate i bet you look aright head case roaming around on that back yard, my trainings basic, i dont do anything crazy. i used to train in an old school gym, rough as, you could piss in the corner and no one would give a f*ck, machines started falling to bits, treadmills f*cked, so now iv ended up in some posh gym full of nancys sipping away at lucozade...sometimes i miss hearing the iron smashing from a mile down the road on the way up to my old place, but it became impossible to train..

lol, lucky for me I have a privacy fence around my yard. There is a big church next to my house though, and they can see right into my back yard, and based on the looks they give me, I think they question my sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    lol, lucky for me I have a privacy fence around my yard. There is a big church next to my house though, and they can see right into my back yard, and based on the looks they give me, I think they question my sanity.
    haha, its a church and they question YOUR sanity...

just tell them you worship something you can see/touch... weights!!!

lol, awesome!

lol, awesome!

I'm in accord^

Wait... So are you telling me that with all the people from all the corners of the world that visit this site, ME working out in my back yard, barefoot, in the sun, is as extreme as it gets? Thats kind of disapointing...

Wait... So are you telling me that with all the people from all the corners of the world that visit this site, ME working out in my back yard, barefoot, in the sun, is as extreme as it gets? Thats kind of disapointing...
    its possible, not a lot of people have anything important going on in there lives... look at those jehovah witnesses. Come on, you must have something better to do on a sunday morning @ 8am than come wake me up....

Oh man I had a Korean witness couple stalking me for like 4 weeks. They came by twice a week. I couldn't be mean to them, because my dad's side of the family back in Texas are all witnesses. So since I didn't immediately tell them to **** off, they thought they could "get through to me" and wouldn't leave me alone...

just learn some Korean profanity...

or answer the door with nothing on except for a sock on your wang.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I am curious as to what some of you guys do to make your workouts a bit more hardcore?
    I pick a number say 10 and thats the reps for my supersets and theres no quitting. So I might superset dips immediately followed by hammer strength incline immediately followed by pec deck flys and finally knuckle push ups. On the last set im usually dying but theres no quitting. I am allowed to take 3-5 breaths to finish the set kind of like a rest pause if I have to.

Really I just try to lift smart though. A guy in the gym with a good physique told me his body doesn't even need extremely high weights to respond, that his body responds to being under constant contraction and tension for 30+ seconds. In other words instead of just trying to get through the set he's trying to feel the movement.

Diet has always been my weakest point. I would kill myself in the gym then not eat hardly anything. I just got my bicycle fixed today because my goal is to kill it in the gym, eat lots, burn off lots, and basically kick ass.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    just learn some Korean profanity...

or answer the door with nothing on except for a sock on your wang.
    Or if the mormon elder boys ever come knocking, just invite them in and pop in an adult video while they talk to you and watch them rush out of the house as fast as they can. Especially if you have a B/F and the video is all gay. Works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    Or if the mormon elder boys ever come knocking, just invite them in and pop in an adult video while they talk to you and watch them rush out of the house as fast as they can. Especially if you have a B/F and the video is all gay. Works like a charm.
    never thought of that... saturday night you can stay over but you have to leave after the jehovas show on sunday morning

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i don't get it...what's wrong with being happy?

Quote Originally Posted by HitIt View Post
    i don't get it...what's wrong with being happy?

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    I sometimes pick a number and I must get those reps out, it dont matter how but it must be done.

So for example calves I pick the 100 reps, so I must get 100 reps and maximum rest I can use is 5-8 seconds and must go again.

So something like 50 reps 5-8 seconds rest then 15 then rest and then continue till i reach the number.

The weight will usually be 70kg or so on the seated calf raise.

Any exercise I do there is no more than 20-30 second rest between sets.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    There is a lot of things I do that I dont believe many people can do but I dont like saying so because I will seem like Im a bragger or showing off and I am not that type of person.

Also people might not believe me, hense the reason I would like to tape myself doing some of the stuff I do and then put it up on yourtube just for evidence hehe..

By the way thanks for sharing skyler

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    siggy is a certified sigGAY!

Ok, so since I only have a 300lb weight set, and I now do that for nice controlled reps, and sets of 8 with no spotter (with a spotter, i don't know how many i could get) I needed to find a way to add more weight.

When i worked out at the gym, I did high arch, explosive reps on bench press, and could do 315 for 8, and max out around 395 at the end (sloppy max I must admit)

Now that i don't have as much weight to work with, I try to challenge myself with what i have, so i only do a slight arch (what you could call more of a "natural arch") and I come down nice and slow, touch the weight lightly to my chest, stop the weight for about half a second, then press back up in a controlled manner. At first, given less arch in my back, and the slow controlled motion, I could only do 300 for about 4 (confidently without a spotter). Today I got 8, and honestly, if I had a spotter for that "just in case" scenerio, i could have done 10 no doubt.

Well I like to keep my mass movements in the 2-5 rep range, so i needed a way to add more weight, and I don't have the money to go out and buy more plate weight.

So I took some bungee cords and strapped 15lb dumbbells to each side! lol

Between the dumbbells being able to swing, and bounce (bungee cord) it actually made the movement alot harder!

So i ended up at 330lb of improvised bench press, and was able to get it for 5. Last rep scared me though, the dumbbells both swayed toward me and made me bring the bar closer to my face before I was even half way up, so the weight paused, and I thought for a minute "Oh god someone call an ambulance!" lol. But that little scare was just enough motivation to force it to lock out, and I got out safe... Here is a picture of me about to try it for the first time!

Got any videos?

lol, no, I don't even own a digital camera. I set my phone camera to timed for the pic.

Its ok, I don't really mind if people think I'm full of shit, lol. I have no reason to lie, but so many people bullshit about what they can do, I wouldn't be surprised if 99% of this sight thought I was full of shit.

If I can ever get a video, I will though. But don't hold your breath, like I said, i don't even own a camera.

Hey there cowboy, relax. If you were assuming I was doubting you, you assumed wrong. I figured it was a camera that picture was taken from, and 99% of cameras are able to records short clips (including cells). Just curious man.. take a deep breath and relax :]

lo, I promise I wasn't mad, and you didn't offend me.
    I just wanted to get that out of the way on the off chance that you did think I was full of shit (or if not you, anyone else)

No raised heart rate here, you're my hawaiian buddy

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Do you wear underwear under those shorts ?

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Do you wear underwear under those shorts ?
    I did today, but 99% of the time I am cammando all the way, every day, lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information