Atomini is offline Banned

Incidence of colon cancer among bodybuilders and athletes?

I don't see this one come up very often. Has anyone (whether you use AAS or not) gone in for a colonoscopy recently? Results?

This really has nothing to do with AAS, and more to do with the general lifestyle eating habits of those of us who engage in this long term over the course of our lives. This is one thing that actually concerns me the most more than ANY of the other risks associated with this. The high and frequent intake of protein and meats concerns me the most, as over the long term this could contribute to developments of colon cancer.

Anyone know the statistics regarding this issue?

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    I will die before i let anyone stick anything up my ass.

Yes you probably would - of colon cancer.

Seriously, it's not a big deal. Something going up your ass is the least of your worries in a scenario like that.

Jiggy902 is offline New Member
    Im 26, I starting taking something called sealum husk (Sp?). I get it at a health food store. Its pretty much a really good cleanser. You dont really have to wipe after you take a shit. Some say you just wipe for a compliment. But yea.. colon cancer is a major killer for us guys. Life is too good not to worry about dieing.

olderfella is offline Associate Member
    Its not something i have thought about,bit of a scary topic

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Yes i had it done. Had a scare but am fine. It was the first time i was under and all i remember is him putting that crap in my arm and i was out in 1 nano second. I woke up in the hospital bed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy902 View Post
    Im 26, I starting taking something called sealum husk (Sp?). I get it at a health food store. Its pretty much a really good cleanser. You dont really have to wipe after you take a shit. Some say you just wipe for a compliment. But yea.. colon cancer is a major killer for us guys. Life is too good not to worry about dieing.
    Cleanser do nothing. Some are even shown to have negative effects if used to much. There is a mucus lining on the wall of the rectum and using these "cleaners" a lot can remove that which isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Yes i had it done. Had a scare but am fine. It was the first time i was under and all i remember is him putting that crap in my arm and i was out in 1 nano second. I woke up in the hospital bed.
    They didn't find any polyps or anything?

How old are you and how long have you been engaging in the bodybuilding lifestyle eating frequently, high meat and protein intake, etc?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomini View Post
    They didn't find any polyps or anything?

How old are you and how long have you been engaging in the bodybuilding lifestyle eating frequently, high meat and protein intake, etc?
    They didn't find anything so i was good. I had it when i was 27. I been working out since i was 19-20.

Stigmata101 is offline Senior Member

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Cancer rates in the U.S. (CDC 2003)

NOTE: When scientists look at cancer risks, they typically look at the number of incidents per 100,000 persons. For instance, at a cancer rate of 406.7 per 100,000, 0.4067% of the population would have contracted cancer. Put another way, the risk of getting cancer would be around 1 in 246.

* All cancers combined:
    o Women:
    + White: 406.7 (or 0.4067%), mortality rate: 159.7
    + Black: 379.1 (or 0.3791%), mortality rate: 188.2
    + Hispanic: 316.8 (or 0.3168%), mortality rate 106.3
    + Asians/Pacific Islander: 263.9 (or 0.2639%), mortality rate 97.3
    + American Indians/Alaska Native: 247.7 (or 0.3074%), mortality rate 106.8

o Men:
    + Whites: 530.9 (or 0.5309%), mortality rate: 230.6
    + Black: 611.0 (or 0.611%), mortality rate: 311.4
    + Hispanic: 421.1 (or 0.4211%), mortality rate 158.1
    + Asians/Pacific Islander: 329.3 (or 0.3293%), mortality rate 138.4
    + American Indians/Alaska Native: 307.4 (or 0.3074%), mortality rate 142.3
    * Most common forms of cancer :
    NOTE: these are diagnosis rates not mortality rates.

o Women:
    + White: 1) Breast cancer: 119.0 per (or 0.119%); 2) Lung cancer: 55.7 (or 0.0557%); 3) Colorectal cancer: 43.0 per (or 0.043%)
    + Black: 1) Breast cancer: 119.0 per (or 0.119%); 2) Colorectal cancer: 52.5 per (or 0.0527%); 3) Lung cancer: 50.4 per (or 0.0504%)
    + Hispanic: 1) Breast cancer: 119.0 (or 0.119%); 2) Colorectal cancer: 34.7 (or 0.0347%); 3) Lung cancer: 26.2 (or 0.0262%)
    + Asian/Pacific Islander: 1) Breast cancer: 119.0 (or 0.119%); 2) Colorectal cancer: 31.2 (or 0.0312%); 3) Lung cancer: 26.2 (or 0.0262%)
    + American Indian/Alaska Native: 1) Breast cancer: 119.0 (or 0.119%); 2) Lung cancer: 36.8 (or 0.0368%); 3) Colorectal cancer: 33.4 (or 0.0334%)

o Men:
    + White: 1) Prostate cancer: 150.0 (or 0.150%); 2) Lung cancer: 85.8 (or 0.0858%); 3) Colorectal cancer: 59.2 (or 0.0582%)
    + Black: 1) Prostate cancer: 150.0 (or 0.150%); 2) Lung cancer: 106.1 (or 0.1061%); 3) Colorectal cancer: 69.4 (or 0.0694%)
    + Hispanic: 1) Prostate cancer: 150.0 (or 0.150%); 2) Colorectal cancer: 49.3 (or 0.0493%); 3) Lung cancer: 48.6 (or 0.0486%)
    + Asians/Pacific Islander: 1) Prostate cancer: 150.0 (or 0.150%); 2) Liver cancer: 15.6 (or 0.0156%); 3) Colorectal cancer: 14.0 (or 0.014%)
    + American Indian/Alaska Native: 1) Prostate cancer: 150.0 (or 0.150%); 2) Lung cancer: 18.2 (or 0.0182%); 3) Colorectal cancer: 15.4 (or 0.0154%)

Radon is a leading cause of cancer

According to the U.S. EPA, radon is the leading cause of lung cancer among non-smokers and the second leading cause among smokers claiming the lives of 20,000 people in the U.S. annually.

At the typical indoor radon concentrations of a home here in Maine (U.S. EPA) of over 4 pCi/L the U.S. EPA estimates a cancer rate of at least 700 per 100,000 (or 0.7%) for non-smokers and 6,200 per 100,000 for smokers (or 6.2%). At the U.S. national average household radon concentration of 1.3 pCi/L the estimated cancer rate is 200 per 100,000 (or 0.2%) for non-smokers and 2,000 per 100,000 (or 2%) for smokers.
    Milk and ovarian cancer

According to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, which is published by The American Society for Nutrition, research conducted by the Division of Nutritional Epidemiology, The National Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm (SCL and AW), and the Department of Surgery and the Center for Clinical Research, Uppsala University, Central Hospital, Västerås, Sweden (LB) found that women who consumed high intakes of four servings or more per day of dairy products (about 32 ounces of milk) had twice the risk of ovarian cancer than women who consumed less than two servings per day.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 09-13-2010 at 04:02 AM.

SuperBird is offline Associate Member
    i dont believe in all statistics. some things will just cross reference by chance period in great numbers.

im sure there is a number off booger eaters that will significantly and substantially cross-reference with ass cancer cases.

so dont eat your boogers unless you want to increase your ass cancer odds. this isnt a joke, you can profile a genuine booger eater to ass cancer rate and find substantial relative statistics.

im not a doctor, i just play one here at home with my girlfriend from time to time.

BTW...... i have a colonoscopy every six months to a year and it seriously doesnt last a minute. the relief of having it done, is much better than not knowing if something is at work in your ass getting to big and bad to get rid of. Do it guys, doing maintenance is much better than getting a bad prognosis.
    Last edited by SuperBird; 09-13-2010 at 06:19 AM.

I've had a colonoscopy done and it wasn't too bad. They gave me GBH or something just like it so your not really unconcious you just can't remember what happened, although I did wake up for a split second and could feel them probing and it was very uncomfortable. I remember the nurses pinning me down. Also in the recovery room when I finally woke up I noticed a sh!t stain on the sheets and my ass was a little shitty too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata101 View Post
    I've had a colonoscopy done and it wasn't too bad. They gave me GBH or something just like it so your not really unconcious you just can't remember what happened, although I did wake up for a split second and could feel them probing and it was very uncomfortable. I remember the nurses pinning me down. Also in the recovery room when I finally woke up I noticed a sh!t stain on the sheets and my ass was a little shitty too.
    You must had had a crappy anesthesiologist. I was out in a nano second and didn't wake up/feel anything. Just woke up in a bed.

You must had had a crappy anesthesiologist. I was out in a nano second and didn't wake up/feel anything. Just woke up in a bed.
    Your not the first one to say that.....but i do have a high tolerance to all drugs / meds so that probably has alot to do with it....and I did tell them that too....guess they didn't believe me.

So when you went did they give you the same kind of drug or did they actually put you under using an anasthetic?

Blog Entries
    They put me under using a anesthetic. I watched him push the stuff into my iv and I swear before it was all pushed in I was out cold. I was surprised how easy it put me down.

i bet your easy to put down anytime theres something goin up your ass......lol j/k

I was just lookin at some different sites and they are using GHB more and more because the risk of death and other complications are lower than when using anasthetic. At least in Canada anyways.

They put me under using a anesthetic. I watched him push the stuff into my iv and I swear before it was all pushed in I was out cold. I was surprised how easy it put me down.
    My dad a few months ago went in for a colonoscopy. He said the same thing. Just blacked out and woke up lol.

I wonder what the best age is to start going in for a colonoscopy at least every few years. My doctor doesnt think I have a need for it yet. Also, did that study lovbyts posted claim MILK is a contributor to colon cancer??

EDIT: I misread. It says ovarian cancer, not colon.
    Last edited by Atomini; 09-13-2010 at 04:32 PM.

LGM
    LGM is offline Senior Member
    40 is when they start recommending prostate colon checks on a regular basis. Prostate annually, and colonoscopy I think ever 3-5 years.

I had one at 33, and was still awake. Went straight from there to my barium enema. Now THAT was something to write home about. Holy shite; talk about removing one's dignity one fart sound at a time..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomini View Post
    My dad a few months ago went in for a colonoscopy. He said the same thing. Just blacked out and woke up lol.

I wonder what the best age is to start going in for a colonoscopy at least every few years. My doctor doesnt think I have a need for it yet. Also, did that study lovbyts posted claim MILK is a contributor to colon cancer??

EDIT: I misread. It says ovarian cancer, not colon.
    Like said 40 is the age men are recommend to get them done but if you have a need/concern for it sooner then get one. Most insurance company's cover this procedure but you have to ask for it.

kliveadam is offline New Member
    Colonoscopy can remove polyps as small as one millimetre or less. Once polyps are removed, they can be studied with the aid of a microscope to determine if they are precancerous or not.
    acid reflux treatment

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    EGD/Colonoscopy at 22 yrs old.... Bodybuilding since 17/18 years old. High protein/carb diet. EGD/Colonoscopy revealed no pathology, no ulcerations or scarring of the lining.

Stay away from those "cleanses" and high colonics. Aside from the mucosa that DSM mentioned, the intestines contain a number of "good" bacteria that are essential and necessary that aid in the digestion process. You can destroy and disrupt these bacteria with such cleanses. After doing the prep for the EGD/Colonoscopy and reviewing the pictures and some segments of the video, I can assure you that there is no "paste, residue, build up," or any of the other bullshit that these products claim is "stuck" to the inside of your intestines. It's simply not true, its snake oil salesmen bullshit, not based in science what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    EGD/Colonoscopy at 22 yrs old.... Bodybuilding since 17/18 years old. High protein/carb diet. EGD/Colonoscopy revealed no pathology, no ulcerations or scarring of the lining.

Stay away from those "cleanses" and high colonics. Aside from the mucosa that DSM mentioned, the intestines contain a number of "good" bacteria that are essential and necessary that aid in the digestion process. You can destroy and disrupt these bacteria with such cleanses. After doing the prep for the EGD/Colonoscopy and reviewing the pictures and some segments of the video, I can assure you that there is no "paste, residue, build up," or any of the other bullshit that these products claim is "stuck" to the inside of your intestines. It's simply not true, its snake oil salesmen bullshit, not based in science what so ever.
    This is EXACTLY what I thought and I kept telling people who do these cleansing things. Good to hear.

Thread Information