Thread: Kung Fu Master

UMFan is offline Junior Member

Kung Fu Master

How cool would it be if a guy like this came into the UFC and started kicking people's a**es?

I know it'll never happen, but it'd still be cool

lifterjaydawg is offline Senior Member
    good video

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    well if ufc fighters start going in with only 1 punch at a time and leaving themselves wide open.

Brewster is offline Member
    If it was going to happen.....\
    I think it would have happened by now

but it would have been amazing

This clip obviously isn't "realistic", zimmy, i'm just saying the [I]idea[I] ya know? the white dude is just leaving his arm out there, but the master still obviously has some mad skills.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    As sick of MMA as I am, it did do one thing: It showed us which martial arts are practical, and which aren't. You probably won't be seeing any kung-fu masters in the octagon any time soon.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    As sick of MMA as I am, it did do one thing: It showed us which martial arts are practical, and which aren't. You probably won't be seeing any kung-fu masters in the octagon any time soon.
    yeah, i'm tired of MMA... probably the most realistic in terms of street fighting.... just sick of the homo erotic "ground and Pound". Give me a couple of middle weights and some boxing gloves any day of the week.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    karate/kung fu/ whatever is a joke. There is a reason all that crap got weeded out in the early UFCs...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    exactly...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
    well if ufc fighters start going in with only 1 punch at a time and leaving themselves wide open.
    exactly x2...

Karate is a joke?? The #2 light heavyweight fighter in the world. Lyoto Machida, is a shotokan karate guy. He's the son of the Japanese Shotokan karate master, Yoshizo Machida. What about Bas Rutten (a 5th degree black belt in Kyokushin Karate), Guy Mezger (3x Texas State Karate Champion, 3x WFKL Karate Champion and a 2x U.S.K.A. HW Champion), Chuck Lidell (Kempo and Koei-Kan Karate), or George St Pierre (Kyokushin Karate)?? Uh, I think there's still some good karate fighters out there...

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UMFan View Post
    Karate is a joke?? The #2 light heavyweight fighter in the world. Lyoto Machida, is a shotokan karate guy. He's the son of the Japanese Shotokan karate master, Yoshizo Machida. What about Bas Rutten (a 5th degree black belt in Kyokushin Karate), Guy Mezger (3x Texas State Karate Champion, 3x WFKL Karate Champion and a 2x U.S.K.A. HW Champion), Chuck Lidell (Kempo and Koei-Kan Karate), or George St Pierre (Kyokushin Karate)?? Uh, I think there's still some good karate fighters out there...
    and how many of them really use "karate" moves? I think I've seen St pierre throw a kick or 2 ...but other than that...they have evolved passed it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UMFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
    and how many of them really use "karate" moves? I think I've seen St pierre throw a kick or 2 ...but other than that...they have evolved passed it.

lol thank you! I can't think of the last time I've seen the death scorpion tiger claw punch thrown in an MMA fight...

wax on... wax off... wax on... wax off... wax on... wax off hahaha

years back, I kicked a karate black belts ass. And mind you, I have no actual fighting lessons. Karate is just not practical. And yes, its a ****ing joke.

A UFC fighter needs two types of skills: stand-up and grappling. It's pretty obvious that Brazilian Jujitsu has evolved as the best form of grappling. As for stand-up, there's boxing, karate, muay thai, kickboxing, etc. IMO muay thai seems to be the best because of the moves used in the clinch, but karate kicks and strikes obviously still play a large part of the guys' games I mentioned above. My response was to the "karate is a joke" comment, which just seems nonsensical. If we want to discuss what is "best", that is another argument. I used to train and compete in MMA (until i had my second ACL surgery). I started boxing when I was a kid and boxed in amateur fights until i switched to MMA. I trained in brazilian jujitsu for 3 years and see this as the most crucial piece of cage fighting. I've been in competitions in Japan, Taiwan, the US, and Puerto Rico. That being said, by far the best fighter I ever fought was a karate dude (he had previously won a bronze in the olympics). I have much respect for the sport...

V-ROID is offline Member
    Would be cool to watch. Watch the master get shattered... MAYBE if they went back to the old, fair and true rules from the early days: No weight classes/no time limits or rounds/no biting or eye gouging/ anything else goes. Maybe a pop to the sack and a chop to the throat from the master, but some of these MMA guys wouldn't feel that guy more than a mosquito. Master hits the juice for a few years wouldn't hurt either. But your right, would be cool to watch!

Thread Information