Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    the rc cars are out of hand and when im on live it seems like it always goes to the nuketown map

SomeRandomGuy is offline Associate Member
    OK, I figured out why multiplayer is way different than MW2.

First, there's no 'Stopping Power Pro'. Your sniper shots will either have to be headshots, or you'll have to shoot the body twice. There's no additional damage you can get in a perk or an attachment. With any other gun, if you shoot the arms or legs or anywhere but the torso or head, you're going to need an entire clip to kill someone. You will probably die in this case, so aim well.

If you use a semi-automatic rifle, such as the M-14, you will get pwned in close to mid range combat if the enemy has a fully automatic weapon. Now if your first shot is a headshot, you're OK. But most times you're going to connect with the body. Even if you acquired the enemy as a target and got 2 direct hits with the M-14 before he ever started firing at you, you will still lose the fight if the enemy has a fully automatic rifle or submachine gun. At the point when they start spraying you, your gun will be knocked up and you have no chance of correcting the aim. In fact, you can't even tell from your screen that the gun has been knocked up. You could even fire a few more shots before your delayed death, and then you'll see the killcam where your gun gets knocked up firing into the air.

In MW2, you can correct your aim. Your gun aim gets knocked up, but you are able to see this in real time as the fight is occuring. You can compensate. Not in COD:BO. You don't see the change in aim, and it seems like you're still shooting the enemy, but you're not. You're losing.

I hate this about this game. In MW2, I could use semi-automatics or the M16's burst and still get plenty of kills close to mid range. In this game it's damn near impossible. The handgun is f'ing worthless, it takes a whole clip just to kill someone. And if they start firing on you mid clip, you're done.

Also, for a secondary weapon, you cannot equip shotguns. They're a primary weapon! You get a crappy pistol, a launcher, or a special. So I can carry a friggin launcher, but I can't carry a shotgun for my secondary that weighs far less?

MW2 is better. Much better.
    Last edited by SomeRandomGuy; 11-13-2010 at 08:59 PM.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post

First, there's no 'Stopping Power Pro'. Your sniper shots will either have to be headshots, or you'll have to shoot the body twice. There's no additional damage you can get in a perk or an attachment. With any other gun, if you shoot the arms or legs or anywhere but the torso or head, you're going to need an entire clip to kill someone. You will probably die in this case, so aim well.

If you use a semi-automatic rifle, such as the M-14, you will get pwned in close to mid range combat if the enemy has a fully automatic weapon. Now if your first shot is a headshot, you're OK. But most times you're going to connect with the body. Even if you acquired the enemy as a target and got 2 direct hits with the M-14 before he ever started firing at you, you will still lose the fight if the enemy has a fully automatic rifle or submachine gun. At the point when they start spraying you, your gun will be knocked up and you have no chance of correcting the aim. In fact, you can't even tell from your screen that the gun has been knocked up. You could even fire a few more shots before your delayed death, and then you'll see the killcam where your gun gets knocked up firing into the air.

In MW2, you can correct your aim. Your gun aim gets knocked up, but you are able to see this in real time as the fight is occuring. You can compensate. Not in COD:BO. You don't see the change in aim, and it seems like you're still shooting the enemy, but you're not. You're losing.

I hate this about this game. In MW2, I could use semi-automatics or the M16's burst and still get plenty of kills close to mid range. In this game it's damn near impossible. The handgun is f'ing worthless, it takes a whole clip just to kill someone. And if they start firing on you mid clip, you're done.

Also, for a secondary weapon, you cannot equip shotguns. They're a primary weapon! You get a crappy pistol, a launcher, or a special. So I can carry a friggin launcher, but I can't carry a shotgun for my secondary that weighs far less?

try using the ak74u submachine gun with the added grip. my kills went way up

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Once I learned there wasn't recoil I lost all interest.
    black ops has no recoil? pathetic

and as far as destructable buildings, while awesome, that seems to be the only real advance in this genre in 8 or so years....

OK, I'm getting the hang of it, I place at the top most times now in the score. Really it comes down to knowing the maps. If I know the map, I know which places to go to, and where to look when I'm aiming.

My favorite guns are the Famas with red dot sight and extended clip, and the m16 with an ACOG. Famas is probably the best one, though. Great accuracy, you can just tap some bursts from it across the map to avoid the recoil and boom, dead.

The RPK and the M60, how in the hell can you use these guns... Such high recoil and you get no grip attachment for them. I couldn't use em.

The AK47u is good, but I didn't like the Skorpion or the Galil. Not good imo. I wasn't real impressed with the M14, either. It's only good long range and you might as well get a sniper out. Close range you don't want to fight with an M14...

The AK47 is pretty good in this game, but I'm not high enough level to get it yet .

The RPK and the M60, how in the hell can you use these guns... Such high recoil and you get no grip attachment for them. I couldn't use em.
    so there is realistic recoil?! not nonexistant or unrealisticly low?

Termin8r27 is offline Junior Member
    Been playing it a couple days now...still getting used to it, but liking it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by HitIt View Post
    so there is realistic recoil?! not nonexistant or unrealisticly low?
    Um, there's a lot of recoil in this game. More than MW2 imo. And every automatic in the game seems to have it. Is it realistic? I don't know, I've never fired a fully automatic weapon.

Oh yeah, if you were referring to the light machine guns like the M60 or RPK... The recoil is so terrible that I can't use them. In MW2 I could... Interesting, the Aug is an Assault rifle instead of a LMG in this game, and the Famas is a Submachine gun instead of an assault rifle and it's fully auto? They changed it up. The most ridiculous thing is that you have to equip a shotgun as your primary and it's not available as a secondary. WTF.

Nm, the Famas is an assault rifle... I was wrong.
    Last edited by SomeRandomGuy; 11-15-2010 at 07:45 PM.

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Well.... COD is the only game I play, because I hate video games. Now The Original Modern Warfare is amazing and I'll beat all you bitches at it, especially Manicc.... MW2 Was terrible, amazingly disgusting actually.

Black Ops is pretty sweet... Campaign mode was fun and online is pretty good, just a few problems. Claymores are hard to see, They only have one sounds for all exploding devices (ie: Grenades, Claymores and the bomb in S&D.) You also can't hear when the other team picks up the bomb in S&D to defuse... which I have not devided if that is good ro bad yet. The game lags big time while online, which I am sure they will fix... MW2 had similar server issues off the start. RPG's, N00b Tubes and Nades do not do half the damage they have done in previous chapters of the game and that disappoints me, because I love my nades and love my RPGs.

All in all, Black Ops is 10 times better than MW2 but still thins the COD 4 Takes the cake.

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    Out of all the Call of duty's i have played Cod4 is still the best. The amount of bullets taken to kill on Black ops is way too high, I have also found that guns such as the AK74U seem to be more effective over medium-long distance, even more effective than the M16

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I hate treyarch. Black ops is terrible compared to the mw's. The menus are terrible. The multiplayer is terrible. Halo reach is 10x better.

BF1942 ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi View Post
    Well.... COD is the only game I play, because I hate video games. Now The Original Modern Warfare is amazing and I'll beat all you bitches at it, especially Manicc.... MW2 Was terrible, amazingly disgusting actually.

Black Ops is pretty sweet... Campaign mode was fun and online is pretty good, just a few problems. Claymores are hard to see, They only have one sounds for all exploding devices (ie: Grenades, Claymores and the bomb in S&D.) You also can't hear when the other team picks up the bomb in S&D to defuse... which I have not devided if that is good ro bad yet. The game lags big time while online, which I am sure they will fix... MW2 had similar server issues off the start. RPG's, N00b Tubes and Nades do not do half the damage they have done in previous chapters of the game and that disappoints me, because I love my nades and love my RPGs.

All in all, Black Ops is 10 times better than MW2 but still thins the COD 4 Takes the cake.
    What was so terrible about MW2? The RPG's and noob tubes? I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by MaNiCC View Post
    Out of all the Call of duty's i have played Cod4 is still the best. The amount of bullets taken to kill on Black ops is way too high, I have also found that guns such as the AK74U seem to be more effective over medium-long distance, even more effective than the M16
    No way is it better than an M16 with an ACOG long range... Although an M16 sure does suck close range. If you could get Stopping Power Pro, then it wouldn't suck. Famas is the bomb with red dot and extended clip. Try it out.

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    What was so terrible about MW2? The RPG's and noob tubes? I liked it.
    I just hated it.... compared to COD4. MW2 was and is full of campers.... the weapons and perks were out of control, the whole way the game was structured took away from the basic skill that has ever been involved in a game of its caliber before.... Getting lots of kills in MW2 was easy.... you just had to be a complete asshole

MW2 Was an insult to COD4

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member

Try playing on hardcore. 1-2 rounds from any weapon and you're pretty much dead, with the exception of a few instances of divine intervention that I've seen. People in the hardcore matches play much more carefully and work together more. I find it more enjoyable than regular TDM or other modes, because there's more skill involved. The people running around with the trigger finger down constantly are starting to creep into non-hardcore matches. Playing like a moron won't get you far in hardcore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information