Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy

Call of Duty: Black Ops

any one got it or play it yet? i just got it modern warefare is better but its still fun

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    my 2 friends got it and wont shut up about it..... one day i'll grab a ps3 and get the thumb coordination thing down..... i just can't be bothered with it right now.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    I have it, only spent around an hour on it, snowed under with class

my friend had it by 12:02am when it was released and he was on it for 6 hours...... it's funny too cuz just imagine this big roided out bald guy screamin at a video game ahahaha

~Haz~

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    i just d/l it...not impressed

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Once I learned there wasn't recoil I lost all interest.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    I got it at the midnight release. I have only been able to spend a few hours playing it, but I like it so far. Sniping is much more difficult and tedious than in MW2, which should help even things out and stop people from rapid firing .50 cal sniper rifles. It's a much more balanced game, and quite a bit of fun.

ive had it for 2 days now. only got to put about 3 hours on it but its fun. i still think modern warfare 1 is the best tho. sniping is shit in this one for sure

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    And a huge lag problem..... it sucks.

Blog Entries
    Also as much as i hate what EA have been doing for the PC FPS world, they have set the bar with destruction 2.0. Until you can do this in COD i will remain a battlefield bad company 2 fan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P71N2...eature=related

LGM
    LGM is offline Senior Member
    Also as much as i hate what EA have been doing for the PC FPS world, they have set the bar with destruction 2.0. Until you can do this in COD i will remain a battlefield bad company 2 fan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P71N2...eature=related
    That is bad ass. I haven't played anything since COD's last version. I gotta get me a PS3.

im at work but as soon as i get home im watching that lol im curious to see what it is

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LGM View Post
    That is bad ass. I haven't played anything since COD's last version. I gotta get me a PS3.
    Yup so no more snipers hiding behind a window in safety. You see a sniper, pull out your rocket luncher (if your engineer) and RPG the spot he is trying to hide, kill !

I still miss Team Fortress Classic...... best fvckin game ever. One day i'm gunna buy a new computer and find the few lonely servers that still host TFC matches and i'll be in heaven.

I was also prety damn good at COD World at War for the wii.....

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Dude, you said in the MoH thread that you got bored of BC2 after 2 months.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    Dude, you said in the MoH thread that you got bored of BC2 after 2 months.
    Yeah we been waiting for map packs forever. Playing the same damn maps over and over again got boring as hell. They announced dec 18 they are releasing BF: Vietnam - New maps/weapons etc. After having played a game that has destruction then going to a game without it just flat out sucks. I was going to give COD:BO a try but i tried playing my old COD on steam and i just cant get pass not having it which is another reason why i am not buying BO.

They even added a flame thrower ! lol check it out for yourself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgMip...layer_embedded

Yeah we been waiting for map packs forever. Playing the same damn maps over and over again got boring as hell. They announced dec 18 they are releasing BF: Vietnam - New maps/weapons etc. After having played a game that has destruction then going to a game without it just flat out sucks. I was going to give COD:BO a try but i tried playing my old COD on steam and i just cant get pass not having it which is another reason why i am not buying BO.

They even added a flame thrower ! lol check it out for yourself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgMip...layer_embedded
    Do you know if it's going to be a disc based expansion or DLC?

Blog Entries
    Dlc.

Public Enemy is offline Associate Member
    Exploding houses = Win

raspberry is offline Junior Member
    Question about the game, does it require internet access to install/play like Fallout New Vegas?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Public Enemy View Post
    Exploding houses = Win
    I play as assault class and with that class you get C4. There were times i would see people hiding in a house so i would sneak up to the house under the window, throw c4 in the windows run and detonate. Not only does it blow a hole into the side of the house but the guy comes flying out with it

dosXX is offline Member
    BC2 all the way, very realistic. the apache is sick!

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Wow, im surprised, BLOPS was being hyped up to be "The Game of the Year".

Saw it in the shops, and held off buying it, on account I can't afford to have massive distractions with uni work, but im surprised that it's getting so much negativity here.

Think I might wait till it drops down in price before I think about a purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
    Question about the game, does it require internet access to install/play like Fallout New Vegas?
    When I first put it in my Xbox, it installed a file, not sure if it downloaded the file from the internet or if it loaded it from the disc.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    My girlfriend and I bought this for our 15 year old son the day it came out. We have only seen him leave his room for nutrition...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    When I first put it in my Xbox, it installed a file, not sure if it downloaded the file from the internet or if it loaded it from the disc.
    Well, I am talking about PC if that matters.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Just finished the career mode... This game sucks. I don't play online and I only rent games (I own 1 or two), so I know I am probably missing the best part... I was very disappointed. I mean, JFK killing zombies? really?!? I didn't even play that part, as soon as it started I turned the game off. It only takes like 2 hours to beat the whole game and its 90% stupid movies. I'll rent COD and see what I think. Anyway I'm so glad I didn't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    Just finished the career mode... This game sucks. I don't play online and I only rent games (I own 1 or two), so I know I am probably missing the best part... I was very disappointed. I mean, JFK killing zombies? really?!? I didn't even play that part, as soon as it started I turned the game off. It only takes like 2 hours to beat the whole game and its 90% stupid movies. I'll rent COD and see what I think. Anyway I'm so glad I didn't buy it.
    Yeah...you're missing the reason for the excitement over this games release.

Brewster is offline Member
    This game is great.
    There is so many different things that I need to figure out still. It is similar to MW2 but greatly improved.

The graphics are kinda shitty but I think they will be coming out with an update to fix that soon.

I have 7.1 surround and when the grenades explode around you, the percussion from the speakers is insane. It blew me back the first time.

I rate 9/10

^^ Twist
    If you like to compete like most of us do. I suggest you play online.
    I dont even play the career mode

lil_herc81 is offline Member
    Huge lag problem, Im not liking the online much it is very busy with a lot packed into a small area. I like MW2 much better.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_herc81 View Post
    Huge lag problem, Im not liking the online much it is very busy with a lot packed into a small area. I like MW2 much better.
    I don't see the lag you're talking about...I have had quite a few matches dropped, though. I like the maps better, the paths of travel are more confined but the maps themselves are bigger...or at least they feel bigger. I also love that you only get one rocket or w/e, and can't use scavenger to pick up more. This prevents people from using rocket launchers/grenade launchers exclusively, which is the reason I stopped playing MW2. Although, I've had to adapt as my claymore strategy has been ruined because of this

i dont see lag.
    if your not playing online then your not playing lol
    ill give battlefield a try one day

my xbox name iis standby45
    and my playstation is standby4 if anyone wants to add me
    Last edited by Standby; 11-12-2010 at 11:54 AM.

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    my friend had it by 12:02am when it was released and he was on it for 6 hours...... it's funny too cuz just imagine this big roided out bald guy screamin at a video game ahahaha

~Haz~
    LOLL

Interesting will have to look into that

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    And a huge lag problem..... it sucks.
    Yeah i have been told this for PC users, wont be fixed until the first patch is released.

- Haven't got it yet really want it though.

Anybody have this on PC?

weknowbobbito is offline Junior Member
    is this game worth getting?

SomeRandomGuy is offline Associate Member
    ZOMG. I just got this game for XBOX. The lag issues with multiplayer are only found on the PC Version. The Campaign for this game is just amazing. The graphics are so crisp and lifelike. Stabbing Viet Cong is so fun.

I am a big Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer fan. I played 1 game of this multiplayer and wasn't real impressed. It's good, but it's not quite as good as MW2, I'll play it some more and tell you why.

Campaign? AWESOME.

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    can someone link me to MW@ for pc to download that can get on a server and play online?

thanks

i wanna play it on PC bofore i buy black opps. as my ps3 died and i dont know if i wanna play it on PC.

SomeRandomGuy is offline Associate Member
    Two things I noticed in the campaign that were ridiculous were:

Twice during a mission I encountered an enemy that couldn't be killed, so I had to restart. I could sit there and shoot at him all day but he wouldn't die. My squadmates would fire on him too, and he wouldn't die. When it restarted from the checkpoint, he was still there!! I actually had to restart.

On the level where you go to find Krichenko, he's actually standing in a room with no wall on the opposite side of the large room you enter. You can kill all the enemies around him, but he is unkillable! You have to fight your way up the stairs and then you bust the door down and he waits behind the door and you get your ass kicked for your troubles. Would have been nice to just have killed him while you were outside... There is glass up, and after you get your ass kicked, Woods grabs him, only to have Krichenko pull the pin on a grenade and smash through the window taking Woods with him. Still, when you walk into the large area before his room, you can see him clearly pacing back and forth shouting obscenities or something up there. I kept trying to shoot him, and nothing happens. Why make him visible?

I played multiplayer for a few hours. Having played a lot of MW2, it was very frustrating, because it doesn't play out the same way. I'm not as good at it at all. The sniper is way less powerful, most times it takes two body shots to kill someone, whereas in MW2 if you hit them anywhere they die, usually. When you exchange fire with someone close range, the kill is so delayed that sometimes you end up thinking you've won the fight, but more of their bullets registered or something. So even though you shot them 3 times, when you watch the killcam, they don't appear to have taken any hits. It looks far different when compared to what really seemed to have happened. They get no damage, and you just get clipped. You don't even see the shots you fired.

MW2 is like this too, to some degree, but COD:BO is far more exaggerated.

It's fun, but it's different, and I'm not great at it yet. Graphics are cool, the RDX whatever remote controlled car bombs are ridiculous. I think I was able to shoot one down once. They come around corners, and you're just f'd.
    Last edited by SomeRandomGuy; 11-13-2010 at 03:13 PM.

Public Enemy is offline Associate Member
    For those of you that have it, do you think its the best COD online game yet? Thinking of getting it tomorrow. Anyone seeing major lag on PS3 versions?

Brewster is offline Member
    The lag is there.
    It sucks.

Im sure once there is an update, it will be fine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information