LGM
    LGM is offline Senior Member

Anyone watching "The Walking Dead" series on AMC?

I've been watching on Itunes, and so far it's pretty damn good. Diverges a bit from the books/comics, but I love it so far.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Yeah I've been watching it since the beginning. I never read the comics so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I like it. Nice to have something different to watch on TV, but it sucks that it's only a mini-series.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Yes, it's a really good show! They only did 6 episodes for this first season. Imagine it was due to the budget and to see if it would take off or not. Guess it got renewed for a season 2 with 13 episodes!!!

Eyes are glued every Sunday night now! The zombie sets are as good as any of the best movies out there (Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Resident Evil). I like the story line with most of the characters, but there's a few at camp that still need to make more of an impact on the viewers. The only concern so far is that nobody has made any mention of how the undead came about. The main star woke up in a hospital bed and discovered the world had totally changed. Nobody has said what took place when things started changing. Was it a virus, terrorist weapon, unearthly curse???? Who knows, but I hope they start giving the audience a little background on the matter.

LGM
    Not a mini-series now; the head of AMC said the ratings were too good, so they just added a second season. He said that decision was "a no-brainer".

Sweet!

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Hell yes!

I missed the last two episodes, but I love the zombie genre, and was really impressed with this so far.

Thought it was going to be cheesy since it's on TV, but I was pleasantly surprised!

Skyler is offline I thought I knew it all...WRONG!
    Never heard of this show. Just saw Zombieland for the first time yesterday, though, and I loved it.
    I hope zombies come, the fatties and idiots will be the first to go

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I'm dying to see this...... I keep missing it and it's really startin to piss me off.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I'm dying to see this...... I keep missing it and it's really startin to piss me off.....

~Haz~
    Get a DVR, dude.

jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    I watched the first 2 episodes but went on vacation and forgot to DVR it and missed the last 2. Anyone know where I can watch the ones I missed, preferrably for free?

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member
    I love it! I also love anything Zombie! I also sometimes discuss with the wife and friends what I would do in case a zombie scenario actually happened, haha. Anyways, a few things I don't agree with on the series so far. The main guy has been searching for his wife and son, and when he finally finds them he leaves them to rescue a racist a-hole who almost killed one of them... I don't buy that for a second. Then with the "Vatos." These guys jump one of the characters because they think he's attacking one of theirs... They then kidnap the asian kid and leave their own behind. These guys are "good", but pretend to be tough... Come on, that tough? The main character tries to trade the Mexican kid back for the Asian but the leader doesn't want to without the guns and lets the main guys' keep their guy, and continue to hold on to the asian kid? Sorry, any "good" person or people would not react and behave in this manner, no matter what. And he so easily switches to Mr. Nice Guy when the old grandma comes along, bs... Sorry for the rant, that part was just unbelieveable for me... But other then that I love it!

LGM
    Quote Originally Posted by jbran23 View Post
    I watched the first 2 episodes but went on vacation and forgot to DVR it and missed the last 2. Anyone know where I can watch the ones I missed, preferrably for free?
    They're like 2.99 an episode on itunes, and they come in HD as well.

LGM
    Quote Originally Posted by LawMan018 View Post
    I love it! I also love anything Zombie! I also sometimes discuss with the wife and friends what I would do in case a zombie scenario actually happened, haha. Anyways, a few things I don't agree with on the series so far. The main guy has been searching for his wife and son, and when he finally finds them he leaves them to rescue a racist a-hole who almost killed one of them... I don't buy that for a second. Then with the "Vatos." These guys jump one of the characters because they think he's attacking one of theirs... They then kidnap the asian kid and leave their own behind. These guys are "good", but pretend to be tough... Come on, that tough? The main character tries to trade the Mexican kid back for the Asian but the leader doesn't want to without the guns and lets the main guys' keep their guy, and continue to hold on to the asian kid? Sorry, any "good" person or people would not react and behave in this manner, no matter what. And he so easily switches to Mr. Nice Guy when the old grandma comes along, bs... Sorry for the rant, that part was just unbelieveable for me... But other then that I love it!
    lol... You should probably spell out "SPOILER ALERT" for those who haven't seen it yet.

jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LGM View Post
    lol... You should probably spell out "SPOILER ALERT" for those who haven't seen it yet.
    I started reading his post and a few sentences in I was thinking the same thing before clicking off the page. lol

crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    its great how this zombie stuff became mainstream. it use to be for weird guys. b movie type. now everyone can enjoy it.

i couldnt believe that lady had sex with that other guy not so long after hearing her husband was dead...WHORE...frowns from heaven on her. now that she found out her husband the sheriff is alive i wonder if he will find out she had sex with that dude.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_rocks View Post
    its great how this zombie stuff became mainstream. it use to be for weird guys. b movie type. now everyone can enjoy it.

i couldnt believe that lady had sex with that other guy not so long after hearing her husband was dead...WHORE...frowns from heaven on her. now that she found out her husband the sheriff is alive i wonder if he will find out she had sex with that dude.
    Right? What a dirty ****. She didn't even bother to go find out if he was still alive in the hospital. It's a zombie apocalypse and all she's concerned about is getting cock from her husbands friend. The sad part is, I totally believe that would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    Right? What a dirty ****. She didn't even bother to go find out if he was still alive in the hospital. It's a zombie apocalypse and all she's concerned about is getting cock from her husbands friend. The sad part is, I totally believe that would happen.
    thats because it does. when husbands go to war. and then the wife acts like nothing happened and its ok and she still thinks shes a good mommy while in reality she totally cheated on her children as well

LGM
    :::::::::::spoilers ahoy::::::::::::::::::::

In all fairness to his wife, the dude she fvcked was his best friend, they were having maritial problems according to the first episode, and his best friend told her "he was dead". She blew up at him later about that too. Given the circumstances, I don't think this is all that big on the scale of infidelity. She did think he was dead, after all.

LGM
    Want the granddaddy spoiler of them all???? Highlight below, but I warn you, it'll change how you watch everything... Assuming they stay true to the books...

:::: EVERYONE has the zombie virus; if they die from a heart attack or old age, they will come back even without being bitten. It's just that those folks either have an immunity to it, or they haven't developed the symptoms yet. This is of course, if they stay true to the books, which so far they've diverged quite a bit. Guess we will see...

:::::::::::spoilers ahoy::::::::::::::::::::

In all fairness to his wife, the dude she fvcked was his best friend, they were having maritial problems according to the first episode, and his best friend told her "he was dead". She blew up at him later about that too. Given the circumstances, I don't think this is all that big on the scale of infidelity. She did think he was dead, after all.
    yeah but so soon after he died. and yes women are more likely to do something they shouldnt because of marital problems but it doesnt make it ok

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Great show. When I heard they were making a tv show that would have zombies in it I wanted someone to pinch me. Stoked it got picked up for a second season.

Public Enemy is offline Associate Member
    I have been following it although i am yet to see last episode. I like the show its real good. The only disappointment for me was that the main character found the group of survivors. I would have preferred for him to be alone searching for his family through the ruins of the zombie apocalypse. Like the first episode for example for me was the best since it was just him alone (With the exception of the black dude and his son he came across) going through the event. It makes you feel for him even more.

From what I hear there is only 2 episodes left then it goes off the air until season 2. AMC did not buy 13 episodes because they never expected it to become te highest viewed cable show this year.
    My guess is the final episode will be with the sherrif finding out his buddy was drilling was wife and the zombies will have his buddy surrounded and he will have to make the choice wether to save him or not.

Dominant Gene is offline New Member
    like most here i am a MASSIVE zombie fan. im feeling the WD series i think it has been very well done, im not sure if they should have made a second series though, id hate to see the story line get water'd down as series ran longer than perhaps it should. that said as it is so far BRAVO!! anyone here seen La Horde? powerful french zombie film.

No I have not seen it but looking for it on Demonoid right now.
    The show did not end the way I thought it would. Looking forward to season 2 because that deputy has got to go.

LGM
    I actually respected him more after episode six started, then he fugged up in the lounge (go figure).... lol

I liked this last episode... I just wonder what Jennings said to Rick on the way out.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I actually respected him more after episode six started, then he fugged up in the lounge (go figure).... lol

I liked this last episode... I just wonder what Jennings said to Rick on the way out.
    same here..... I NEEEEED to know lol. I think i'm caught up on the show now..... i stayed up till 2am last night to catch the re-run of the new episode......

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

@tigershark
    you can find la horde on 10star movies m8

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    same here..... I NEEEEED to know lol. I think i'm caught up on the show now..... i stayed up till 2am last night to catch the re-run of the new episode......

~Haz~
    I know what he said because some douche posted it without typing spoiler alert.

You dont wanna know what he says until it plays out in the series, trust me

LGM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2 View Post
    I know what he said because some douche posted it without typing spoiler alert.

You dont wanna know what he says until it plays out in the series, trust me
    How do you know, exactly? And if you check out the spoilers above, I'd venture a guess that it's probably close to the comics.

FYI, the doctor and the CDC are not in the comic book; so how do you know?

Public Enemy is offline Associate Member
    The final episode was really cool. I expected a little more of zombie action but its fine. Man it ****ing sucks that the season is over. But they really never saw this coming. I guess people love zombies. I think this will be a platform for many many other zombie movies and shows popping up. Shit I know if I was a producer I would go for something similar to this show on film. Zombies = Epic Win.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    How do you know, exactly? And if you check out the spoilers above, I'd venture a guess that it's probably close to the comics.

FYI, the doctor and the CDC are not in the comic book; so how do you know?
    I dont know for sure but yeah Im basing it off of the comics version as they seem to 'fit' with the conversation they were having at the time

has anyone read the Marvel Zombies comics?

Rodax is offline Associate Member
    Dude I love this show! I had no ideas they were based off of graphic novels though....Now I have something new to search for and read at work during the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominant Gene View Post
    @tigershark
    you can find la horde on 10star movies m8
    Got it and will watch it tonight.

Thread Information