Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    Put £18k on a horse race once... It lost (pulled up).
    R u kidding?

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    It really comes down to what value you place on the items you buy....Practicality vs. Status. One can argue, that a pair of jeans from Wal-Mart (Route 66 maybe?) vs. a pair of jeans from Buckel, Diesel, Buffalo, etc, which will all cost in excess of $120+ up to around $300 or so, are no different, and 'jeans are jeans' essentially.

But thats not really true in my experience. In my personal experience, some of the very high end items are built of much finer quality materials, are warrantied better, and last much longer. High end items tend to cost more because of a higher attention to detail in the product.

Aside from the practical differences between the products is the issue of status. And whether or not someone buys more expensive items depends on whether they value status or not. People who believe that a "car is a car" and it gets you from point A to point B and dont care about it having leather seats, heated/cooled seats, adaptive headlights, navigation, etc, and so on. Think about the person who buys a Toyota vs. a Lexus. They are built on the same frames essentially, by the same company, but with different materials. When you arrive somewhere in one versus the other, you send a certain message, at least to those who care or take notice of such status symbols. Some people have a desire to show those off, some dont give a shit.

One thing I have noticed in the recent years though, from about the time I graduated high school until now, is that people seem to buy certain high end items that portray a certain lifestyle that they aren't actually living. For instance, females who purchase $300-$800 purses, yet live at home with their parents, and drive a piece of shit car. Just an observation...

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    R u kidding?
    Afraid not mate.

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    The chase will always be better then the catch, no matter what u want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information