Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Jeez what a straight guy has to go through to get laid these days. Take a zanax and go with the flow.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    well then this is how the mixed messages start between the sexes. The reason I say to call back a second time was to keep him from telling her to call him back.

If she likes him, then she will be impressed. That is, "if" she likes him. And if a girl likes a guy, then she will want for him to try one more time. This will show he is confident enough to call again and not worry about getting rejected. And if he tells her after one measly phone call to call him back, she will feel he is lazy. Not a good beginning.

We want men to pursue us "IF" we like them. If we do not, then that is another story all together and it will unfold that way anyway. One phone call and expect for her to call back? not something many girls want to do. We are bred for the guy to call us.

It does not look desperate at all. Not at all. This is when the sexes get messed up with this type of thinking. And the mixed messages start up. Because if she does not call him back thinking that he should try a little bit harder, then she wonders why and he also wonders why too. Plus if he does not call her, then she wonders if he really liked her or is simply playing a numbers game with being lazy and not caring. We don't respond to lazy. Because we know that if you want us, you will find us. So if you show that you are lazy, we move on to the guy who is not. That is why people love flirts. The attention. And it is this attention that sparks interest. Not the other way around.

spiketannin is offline Associate Member
    ok there are definately a few diff opinions but thats a good thing i have a good idea on what to do now. just curious tho wouldnt she have to kinda be interested in me to give me her number even if i just asked her to play softball

Quote Originally Posted by spiketannin View Post
    ok there are definately a few diff opinions but thats a good thing i have a good idea on what to do now. just curious tho wouldnt she have to kinda be interested in me to give me her number even if i just asked her to play softball
    You will find out after one date why she gave you her number.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    She probably is interested. Go in with the confidence that she is and all will be fine. Keep us updated either way.

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    Lmao. I literally just lol'd. Sorry standby I <3 u
    hey now that kp is getting laid ill have to take his place so we can laugh at someones patheticness

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by spiketannin View Post
    you won't know until you call her...woman r complicated...don't over analyze it..call!!! like slimmerme says...you'll find out quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    you won't know until you call her...woman r complicated...don't over analyze it..call!!! like slimmerme says...you'll find out quickly!
    unless your me she could sit you on her bed get naked and shove her tits in your face and you still wouldnt know whats going on

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    well then this is how the mixed messages start between the sexes. The reason I say to call back a second time was to keep him from telling her to call him back.

If she likes him, then she will be impressed. That is, "if" she likes him. And if a girl likes a guy, then she will want for him to try one more time. This will show he is confident enough to call again and not worry about getting rejected. And if he tells her after one measly phone call to call him back, she will feel he is lazy. Not a good beginning.

We want men to pursue us "IF" we like them. If we do not, then that is another story all together and it will unfold that way anyway. One phone call and expect for her to call back? not something many girls want to do. We are bred for the guy to call us.

It does not look desperate at all. Not at all. This is when the sexes get messed up with this type of thinking. And the mixed messages start up. Because if she does not call him back thinking that he should try a little bit harder, then she wonders why and he also wonders why too. Plus if he does not call her, then she wonders if he really liked her or is simply playing a numbers game with being lazy and not caring. We don't respond to lazy. Because we know that if you want us, you will find us. So if you show that you are lazy, we move on to the guy who is not. That is why people love flirts. The attention. And it is this attention that sparks interest. Not the other way around.
    I still dissagree. He has never spoken to this girl. He doesnt know her schedule. To leave a message that i will call you back in a couple hours is just weird. So if he does then leaves her a message asking her out is worse. So this girl gets out of work and has 2 voicemails from a guy she meet yesterday. He looks like he is needy and stalkerish. Give her a chance to call back, I'm not saying never to call her if you dont hear from her but to announce you will do it in a couple hours is wrong.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    Amen

desizon is offline Associate Member
    I like to make them wait a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by desizon View Post
    I like to make them wait a few days.
    i like to follow them home after i get thier number. That shows them that im really interested and am willing to put some effort in to see them

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    I still dissagree. He has never spoken to this girl. He doesnt know her schedule. EXACTLY why he should state he is calling back...out of respect. To leave a message that i will call you back in a couple hours is just weird. NOT WHERE I AM FROM...nor the girls I know. So if he does then leaves her a message asking her out is worse. I did not say to ask her out in a message. merely mentioned he would like to take her to dinner. Not a specific date. So this girl gets out of work and has 2 voicemails from a guy she meet yesterday. He looks like he is needy and stalkerish. NOPE....determined. And we see this with men who know what they want. Give her a chance to call back, girls I know do not call back after one attempt because for all we know, you are playing a numbers game and are more than likely not serious with one attempt. I'm not saying never to call her if you dont hear from her but to announce you will do it in a couple hours is wrong. Not at all. SO not at all. The men I have had any long term thing with ALL called me back "sooner" than later. This is why females get bent out of shape when they see another man treat one of their girlfriends this way because they want their man to STEP UP and be a MAN
    I disagree....
    IF she likes him...now this is IF...this is not desperate at all. nor is it stalking. He is merely saying, "I'll try to catch you in a few hours." This is respectful. He is telling her that he knows she might be busy and will call back. That is all. And then if a 2nd call, he will only mention that he would like to take her to dinner sometime. This is not desperate. This sets him apart from all the other guys. He is being a gentleman. And a Man. He is stating upfront what he wants and is not dilly dallying around nor texting by hiding behind a cell phone.

Like I said, this is where the sexes get mixed up. Females like a strong man. And when a man shows he is confident enough to state what he wants, we are fascinated. This is not needy. Not at all. That is, if she likes him. And what better way to start off a relationship than to say upfront what you want. She will love it. IF SHE LIKES HIM. and if she does not, then that will reveal itself no matter what.
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 12-15-2010 at 08:56 PM.

I disagree....
    IF she likes him...now this is IF...this is not desperate at all. nor is it stalking. He is merely saying, "I'll try to catch you in a few hours." This is respectful. He is telling her that he knows she might be busy and will call back. That is all. And then if a 2nd call, he will only mention that he would like to take her to dinner sometime. This is not desperate. This sets him apart from all the other guys. He is being a gentleman. And a Man. He is stating upfront what he wants and is not dilly dallying around nor texting by hiding behind a cell phone. but he is doing it behind a voicemail

Like I said, this is where the sexes get mixed up. Females like a strong man. And when a man shows he is confident enough to state what he wants, we are fascinated. This is not needy. Not at all. That is, if she likes him. And what better way to start off a relationship than to say upfront what you want. She will love it. IF SHE LIKES HIM. and if she does not, then that will reveal itself no matter what.
    I agree a girl likes a guy who is confident and knows what he wants.
    We just dissagree about the voicemail part. I can only say what has worked for me. And i've hooked up alot.

^^^ hey! whatever works. This is my female point of view. And perhaps something helped somewhere here. I am only sharing what i hear from the females I know. One phone call does not deserve a return call. Many guys call just to see where it sticks. And to expect a girl to call back after one call? A second call separates an interested man from a boy playing and hoping to make an easy hit.

Desperate is after she says no and then the guy calls again. Big difference.
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 12-15-2010 at 09:10 PM.

hold on here a minute so you guys are saying i dont get laid cause i hang up when i hear voicemail and call right back, and keep repeating?

Quote Originally Posted by Standby View Post
    hold on here a minute so you guys are saying i dont get laid cause i hang up when i hear voicemail and call right back, and keep repeating?
    dont you know any better? You only do that 10 times. Then if she doesnt answer you do a reverse lookup of her number and get her address and drive to her house. That shows you are determined and care

dont you know any better? You only do that 10 times. Then if she doesnt answer you do a reverse lookup of her number and get her address and drive to her house. That shows you are determined and care
    oh so ive been doing it right just i havent been knocking on the door i climb in the basement window

okay....I have been thinking of all of this now and here is another reason I say what I say:

Ever notice how the handful of good relationships you might observe have one major thing in common?
    The men take charge from the beginning. And this way the girl can relax and feel confident that he is REALLY INTO HER. She feels like he only has eyes for her. This is ALL set up from very very beginning of meeting. Because it is first impressions that will remain.

Some of the rare and few and far between couples who have a good relationship ALL started with a man really expressing his interest in the girl. NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. Not the ones I know. The ones I know have men who made no bones about going for it. And to this day are proud as to how they went about it.

Why do you think females get so bent out of shape when she sees her man go after another woman? because that is how she wished he came after her!

i think you both make awesome points and if the day comes i grow a pair im going to try both ways out and get back to you guys lol

^^^Great! looking forward to hearing what happens and how......

okay....I have been thinking of all of this now and here is another reason I say what I say:

Ever notice how the handful of good relationships you might observe have one major thing in common?
    The men take charge from the beginning. And this way the girl can relax and feel confident that he is REALLY INTO HER. She feels like he only has eyes for her. This is ALL set up from very very beginning of meeting. Because it is first impressions that will remain.

Some of the rare and few and far between couples who have a good relationship ALL started with a man really expressing his interest in the girl. NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. Not the ones I know. The ones I know have men who made no bones about going for it. And to this day are proud as to how they went about it.

Why do you think females get so bent out of shape when she sees her man go after another woman? because that is how she wished he came after her!
    i still agree with you that you need to make some effort and show her that you are interested. But still dissagree that what you recommend is to much for the next day. If also had spent a longer time with her when he meet her and got her number mayber. But a brief conversation at the food store what you recommend is over the top.

I had a convo with a girl im friends with last night. She said she would think that was too much and if he called that much the next day. she wouldnt be interested. She said that if he called that much and they just meet how would they be if they were dating. She said like it sounds like the guy would be controling and too much

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    I work the other way around. I act like I'm the coolest guy around and I could give a f*ck if she calls or not. I'll tell a girl to take my number instead of taking hers and tell her to give me a text sometime.

If she gives me a text, great I know I have something there. If not, too f*cking bad. She's not the only woman in the world.

i still agree with you that you need to make some effort and show her that you are interested. But still dissagree that what you recommend is to much for the next day. If also had spent a longer time with her when he meet her and got her number mayber. But a brief conversation at the food store what you recommend is over the top.

I had a convo with a girl im friends with last night. She said she would think that was too much and if he called that much the next day. she wouldnt be interested. She said that if he called that much and they just meet how would they be if they were dating. She said like it sounds like the guy would be controling and too much
    We agree to disagree then. All I can say is that the guys I have spent any length of time with ALL called me soon as in the same day or next day. They were very clear as to asking me out. They were bold and made no bones about it.

For ex: NYC: at midnight. I was surrounded by friends at a bar. A guy came over who had been staring me down all night long. Everywhere I looked, he was staring. He finally came over to me and after a quick chat, got my number which I rarely ever gave out at a bar. He called me the next morning at around 9:30 IN THE MORNING. I did not answer since I had stayed out until 5 am with my friends dancing all night long. So instead of answering the phone, I let him leave a message. He said, well I will call you back later. He did. I was thinking he would call back later as in LATER. But no...it was 30 minutes later when he called and said he was going to breakfast and did I want to meet him. Yes. FOOD! I was a bit hung over. We met. We had a strong connection. We became inseparable. He missed his flight on purpose back to LA. I moved from NYC to LA 2 weeks later.
    To this day, he says he was going to date me and wanted to know me so he went for it. I am glad he did. Showed gumption.

Another ex: Saw a guy on the Santa Monica pier on roller skates. Same thing. He called asap. He was persistent. We went swimming asap. We too were inseparable.

Another one: a guy saw me doing a pool jog. He got my number from someone and the second I got to my place the phone rang. I told him I was busy since I knew he was a player. He was persistent. We were inseparable once I accepted his sincerity.

Best friend: She was at a bar in Boston with her date. Her husband to be, sent her a drink and her date a drink too. To this day he says, I knew she was not meant for him so I went in and nailed it. They have been happily married for a long time.

My own grandmother was dancing with her fiancee at a ball. My grandfather cut in and said, "you are not going to marry him." My grandmother went home that night and threw the ring in the toilet. She and my grandfather were happily married for along time.

And I have more stories which are all similar but just wanted to give you an idea why I say what I say.

NOTE: I too was interested in them. Otherwise, I would have been bugged by their persistence.
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 12-16-2010 at 01:02 PM.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    HOLY HELL....so a simple phone call went from texting or calling to what he should say and how often he should call and what should he say in her voice mail??? do u guys wanna tell him what do when he gets her in her bed.....?

Dude call her tell her u want to take her to restaurant....she says yes good she says no move the fvck on.
    If she doesnt pick up leave a voice mail asking for her plans and give her your number. if she calls...gr8 if not move on....u r not thinking of having kids with her are u?

Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    HOLY HELL....so a simple phone call went from texting or calling to what he should say and how often he should call and what should he say in her voice mail??? do u guys wanna tell him what do when he gets her in her bed.....?

Dude call her tell her u want to take her to restaurant....she says yes good she says no move the fvck on.
    If she doesnt pick up leave a voice mail asking for her plans and give her your number. if she calls...gr8 if not move on....u r not thinking of having kids with her are u?
    I guess you missed the part where he asked for suggestions on what to name there children?

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    I guess you missed the part where he asked for suggestions on what to name there children?
    apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by rebekka59 View Post
    Maybe she just likes to play softball? Or does softball=sex? Let me know for the next time I give my number out...
    No you read it wrong. He asked if she liked soft balls

Maybe she just likes to play softball? Or does softball=sex? Let me know for the next time I give my number out...
    No you read it wrong. He asked if she liked soft balls

THANK YOU! how many nonsensical post have I read and the one time I got carried away trying to convince Gixxerboy that one measly phone call is not enough when trying to ask out a girl.... with samples.....and I get reprimanded
    lol nobody reprimanded you.

You gave examples and so did i. I've never done what you recommended and got more girls then we can count. But maybe im just special

BOY- Travis, Chris, Jerry, Ted, James, Bruce
    GIRL- Ashley, Brittany, Sara, Melissa, Courtney

gettingthere is offline Senior Member
    Wow this thread has changed since the last time i was in here

okay okay okay......I agree...call the girl. See what happens.

hey! I have seen you guys get carried away too!!! SO THERE!

gettingthere is offline Senior Member
    okay okay okay......I agree...call the girl. See what happens.

hey! I have seen you guys get carried away too!!! SO THERE!
    That is for sure

Quote Originally Posted by gettingthere View Post
    That is for sure
    THANK YOU! how many nonsensical post have I read and the one time I got carried away trying to convince Gixxerboy that one measly phone call is not enough when trying to ask out a girl.... with samples.....and I get reprimanded
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 12-16-2010 at 05:46 PM.

just call at a time you think she will for sure answer gives you better chances. just go with it, if she doesnt answer panic, stutter and say i love you at the end on accident its all good

Quote Originally Posted by Standby View Post
    just call at a time you think she will for sure answer gives you better chances. just go with it, if she doesnt answer panic, stutter and say i love you at the end on accident its all good
    Now your speaking my language

rebekka59 is offline Female Member

hereill help you out if we ask you want to play softball? we mean sex, we ask you for dinner? we mean sex we ask you to hang out? we mean sex

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    hey spike....what did she say when you called her...we are all dying to know!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information