jbran23 is offline Senior Member

Spam Shirts and Sneakers

Have any of you bought knockoff sneakers or sports jerseys from some of these online sites before? If so how was the quality? Im a huge sports jersey guy and some of these look identical to the real deals. Sewn on names and numbers and all for about $200 cheaper. Anyone have any experience with this before?

sleep.eat.train is offline Junior Member
    I have bought alot of knock off stuff online.. I use to sell it and make crazy profit. I would buy something and sell it for double. The only way you can tell its fake is from the inside but whos gonna look there? Quality of the jerseys in general is very good but you get those rare ones where the numbers aren't on perfectly.

Im assuming thats the exact same thing my local guy was doing. He was buying bulk jerseys and turning around and selling them for $50 a piece. I bought a Patrick Willis off him and I swear it was as close to authentic as you can get. NFL patches and jocktags and everything. He had his last shipment get stopped at customs and they wanted him to show his NFL merchandisers license or whatever (which he obviously doesnt have) or he wasnt getting his stuff. Hes out of the business now. I would assume an order of only a jersey or two wouldnt even get a second look going through customs.

Do you have any site links that you have used that you can PM me?

Brewster is offline Member
    The way you can tell something fake online... the price

Quote Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
    Oh I know they are fakes, but if they are good fakes and only a fraction of the price of the real things than I have no problem with that. The thing is, the NFL authentic jerseys are probably made for about the same amount of money the knockoffs are made for but the price is jacked up on them 5 times higher! Its ridiculous! I love football and basketball jerseys but cant stand to have to pay $250 to get my hands on one.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"

Buying something from a sports team you like is cool, but buying a knock off just so you can make people think you spend the money on high end items like LV, versace, armani is really lame. Buying a knockoff of those is so pathetic. Why pretend that you spent a lot of money? If you really like the way a style or brand looks, you can buy the knockoff "look" for even less than writing the fancy name on it. Then you get those people claiming their fake shit is authentic... dorks

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    Buying something from a sports team you like is cool, but buying a knock off just so you can make people think you spend the money on high end items like LV, versace, armani is really lame. Buying a knockoff of those is so pathetic. Why pretend that you spent a lot of money? If you really like the way a style or brand looks, you can buy the knockoff "look" for even less than writing the fancy name on it. Then you get those people claiming their fake shit is authentic... dorks
    I agree KP. Nothing worse than cheap people not wanting to look cheap.

Ive bought the cheaper replica jerseys before that have the screen printed letters and numbers on them and they last through about 4 washings before the numbers just start peeling off on them and they still cost almost $100! I figure if I have the chance to buy a higher quality jersey for cheaper than what I would pay for that crap, why the hell not?

Agreed. At one of the local markets my buddy sells knockoff jerseys and he makes a small fortune, must sell 4 dozen a weekend on top of his other sports good. The quality on these things is amazing, I know they are made in china but they look harder to destroy than authentic gear. If I could actually stomach professional sports teams anymore I would definitely buy one.

Wait a sec, you are from Canada and you arent into hockey even? Thats just wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by jbran23 View Post
    Wait a sec, you are from Canada and you arent into hockey even? Thats just wrong!
    not anymore man.. cant handle the overpriced crybabies. And with me being born and raised (in an igloo barn) here in Edmonton, I know what hockey is and these kids playing for us now seem to forget the formers teams that wore our Jersey and how much they are embarrassing our city with their lack of ability and heart. How the fvck can you put on an Oilers jersey and hit the ice underneith the rafters with names likes Gretzky, Kurri, Messier, Fuhr etc and give a half assed effort and call it hockey... fvken babies

While we are on the subject of Canada and hockey, I have a question. Vancouver's hockey team is called the Canucks. I know a canadien guy that works at the bar down here that is offended by the word canuck and he says its derogatory. How do you feel about it?

Its the equivalent to calling an American a Yankee... if you choose to be offended then that is the persons problem. Canuck is a general term for a Canadian so unless he is a diehard fan of another team I can't see a reason to take offense...

This is the general problem with a lot of people, we feel that since we have "freedom of speech" we should always have something to say and always point out when we are offended by something. How about just ignore what bothers you and go on with your own life.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Jbran check your pm

Okay. He tried to relate it to the "N" word. From that explanation he is way off base then. Hes a bit of a bullshitter so I wasnt exactly sure how to believe anything he says. Although his other example did make a bit more sense as he related it to the native americans here in the US fighting to get the names of teams like the Redskins, Chiefs, and Braves changed. He said its the same thing as alot of canadiens are fighting the name of the Canucks the same way. Not sure if thats even true or not.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Tell the Canuck to lighten up....eh?

Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    Tell the Canuck to lighten up....eh?
    Thats exactly what I said to him in a canadien accent and then I offered to buy him a Labatt's or Molson or whatever shitty beer they drink up there. See, Im a nice guy.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
    Very sound advice.

Quote Originally Posted by jbran23 View Post
    Thats exactly what I said to him in a canadien accent and then I offered to buy him a Labatt's or Molson or whatever shitty beer they drink up there. See, Im a nice guy.
    Truth be known, you fvckers bought our last real brewery... Molson Candian is no longer Canadian... hell, we sold Gretzky, why not our other national treasure... and no Skyler, its not Maple Syrup

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    Truth be known, you fvckers bought our last real brewery... Molson Candian is no longer Canadian... hell, we sold Gretzky, why not our other national treasure... and no Skyler, its not Maple Syrup
    If it were up to me, I would sell it back to you guys for cheap. Molson tastes like what I would imagine skunk piss tasting like. Shit is nasty. Gretzky on the other hand, we are keeping him. He was pretty good at hockey.

By skunk piss I assume you are referring to alcohol? Couldnt help but notice how americans like to drink low % beer... whats with that? Trying to pretend you guys actually like the taste?

Got an ongoing joke about one of my friends from SoCal... always talks shit how Canadians are pvssies and he can outdrink anyone with his stories of drinking an entire 24 flat in a couple hours... had him here a couple years ago for our year end party and he was so fvcked up from less than 10 beer over about 3 hours... fell out of his lawn chair and against the fire pit... he has the scar to remind him to never come back to Canada

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I was going to say something really profound

but decided to get up and get a cup of coffee instead

Thread Information