Giant_Killer is offline New Member

oldschool bodbybuilding and pct's?

Just curious I've researched and seem to have read a lot of theories and opinions but never really found what looked like a definite answer. I was wondering though did Arnold and Franco (guys from that era) do any pct's or did they just take their chances? They seem to have not had many sides. I've seen a couple pictures of Franco with what looks to be a little bit of gyno but that's it.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No PCT back then man.

When I first cycled (93), many guys would taper the doses down at the end of cycle. Most keep there gains and did not have issues....however doses were less then most guys on here today.

jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    I think part of the reason those guys were the top bodybuilders in the world back then was because genetically they just had fewer side effects to anabolics. Thats part of what seperated them from everyone else.

layeazy is offline Banned
    yeah i remember reading that they didnt have pct any with the acne none of them on pumping iron had any so maybe it was just the lower dosages and soap they stopped the most visible sign of use lol..

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by layeazy View Post
    yeah i remember reading that they didnt have pct any with the acne none of them on pumping iron had any so maybe it was just the lower dosages and soap they stopped the most visible sign of use lol..
    I was just watching pumping iron a few days ago and was wondering the same thing. No pct but they looked as if they had no side effects.

Sir Anabolic is offline New Member
    I remember reading some stuff on Arnold's cycles. He rarely came off. Seems like he was on AAS year round...

teddykgb29 is offline Associate Member
    I think it just had to be lower doses. I can't imagine a cycle without any pct now.

bigpapabuff is offline Senior Member
    agreed, crazy to think of cycling without any sort of pct.

LGM
    LGM is offline Senior Member
    Thought I read where they were pretty limited to things like dbol then, and only cycled while training for the shows...

Skyler is offline I thought I knew it all...WRONG!
    Without going into my personal view based on countless hours of independent research, or explaining how I cycle, or how I cycle off based on that research, i will just state the end result of my cycles, since they speak for themselves.
    I have never suffered any sides while cycling, no excessive acne, no gyno, no hair loss, not even testicular atrophy.
    I have also never done a "traditional" pct. The key word being traditional. I do have my own way of cycling, and my own way of cycling, off, but what we all think of and refer to as "pct" is something I never do.
    Now after saying that, I can also say that I have never suffered any sides post cycle, no acne, no hair loss, no depression, no gyno, not even strength or size loss. I maintain my strength and size 100%, and even continue to improve after cycling off.
    Just saying...

Littleirishman is offline Junior Member
    ^^^^ Ye i think dbol was the most used by them, t think.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    They were all natty

MAC MAN is offline Junior Member
    I think the taper effect of cycling works for some but not many. PCT is the new way to go.

Public Enemy is offline Associate Member
    Wow I really just found out there were not PCTs back in that time period. Wow, I guess you really do learn a lot of things via forum.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    I know guys that run 12 week deca only cycles with no PCT back in the day

There was no internet and guys did not know how to educate themselves, it was all guess work or word of mouth

There are still a lot of guys nowadays who dont have a clue about AAS

I know people who dont do a PCT, i know people who run deca only, i know peoplw who pin prop twice a week, i know guys who dont aspirate when injecting

Its mad!!

Thread Information