Eddie_m63 is offline Member

Bank of America Sucks...

Well yesterday i got a letter that i would get charge 59.00 annual fee for my credit card. I have been with them since 2003 good customer pay everything on time but according to them they are charging all customers the same fee. I closed my cc with them, i am not paying money to have a credit card in my wallet, i paid for my first one but man that was years ago now i get offers daily. Screw BOA...

RaZr is offline Member
    Same here man, I have a USAA credit card though that is far superior so I just got rid of it. Charge me for a credit card? nonsense

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Dont blame ya

alluprbdy is offline Associate Member
    ya they dont give an s about there customers. I had them for years, and my payment was allways due the same day all those years (prob 3 or 4) then they moved it up a few days without telling me and I didnt really pay attention to it bc I was used to it so just pay the same day. Well of course I go hit with a late fee and called and bitched and they wouldnt budge an inch. I cancelled over the phone in the same convo and they just acted like it was not important to keep your bustomers. I will never have another BOA card as long as I live. Stick with AM/EX and Discover as my main cards bc they actually give an s about you.

EASTCOASTKID is offline Associate Member
    BoA - divorced their azz years ago when they were putting my money into another persons account.....all they said was "sorry mistakes happen"

wow thats nuts

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    you know...people complain that the banks are charging this fee...but no one says anything about the laws passed that makes them not able to charge morons for over drafting / charging...so you can thank your Representatives (if you voted...if not then no room to complain).

I'm still seeing clients getting over draft fees so dunno where they are illegal

RaZr is offline Member
    Yeah you can still get overdraft fees... The bill was passed because the banks were not declining cards with not enough funds they would let people charge over and over and not even give them a phone call so yeah that sounds like theft to me so please thank your representative for protecting your money

RaZr is offline Member
    Also on top of that, now that I use USAA I have never had to worry about a fee for checking or any service. Do you know why? because they are not thieves and know how to run a company properly WITHOUT resorting to ridiculous fees to stay afloat in the economy.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    most banks suck

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I would never pay an anual fee either. You already pay them interest on charges so the annual fee makes no sense.

crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    i was transferring money from boa to another bank because they give accounts to illegal immigrants. many banks do that now. i couldnt transfer my whole checking account at once and discovered if i didnt have over $700 or so in my account that there was a $12 a month fee. screw that.

fleet bank they got rid of my monthly fee because i was with them long enough before they were absorbed by boa.

X83
    X83 is offline Member
    All banks suck in general terms because they have your money to make more and they have control over the fees & charges that are associated to reduce your savings.

Eddie_m63 is offline Member
    That happens with my Chase acct too. They give you something free but truly is never free there's always conditions.

goinglong is offline Junior Member
    I worked for a bank throughout college and loved it UNTIL they restructured their CC sales plans in a way which I didn't agree. I had the branch manager watching me one afternoon to see how I was working on a daily basis and he asks me after one of the customers walks away: "Why didn't sell him one of our CCs?" I told him that it wasn't the right product for the customer. He asked how I figured that out and I pointed out that the customer had overdrawn his account 30 times in the last six months, had an average balance of ten dollars and a year-high balance of 500 bucks. The guy clearly didn't know how to manage his own finances and I didn't want to contribute to him destroying his credit rating. The manager told me I was thinking about it all wrong. He handed me a calculator and wanted me to "sell" him his calculator in an exercise to see my selling skills. I asked, "Do you need a calculator?" He responded, "No." I pocketed his calculator and walked away. I graduated and quit 3 months later.

chevy355s10 is offline Junior Member
    what a ****er. yeah, "Bank of screwing American's" is still after me about my credit card and checking account.
    over $1,000 on the credit card and $980 from the checking account.
    what ended up happening is, my crack head step-grandfather stole my wallet. had $400 in cash in it, my debit card,credit card, and all the normal stuff. he went out and drained my entire checking account( $2200), overdrafted a crap load, and then after it wouldnt let him overdraft anymore, he went and used my credit card($800 limit) to buy things from one wal-mart and then returned them at another one across town to get the cash.

the next day i went into BOA and reported it (called in and canceled my credit and debit cards when i found out they were stolen..but damage was done) and asked them about reversing the charges. they told me "well, how do we know you didnt go out last night, blow a bunch of cash gettin drunk or something, and you just dont wanna pay back the money you blew?"
    mind you, this was a tuesday night that all this shit happend and i went down there,during work hours, to straighten the crap out on wednesday. all of the charges on both cards ranged from 9pm-6am. i told the lady that i worked 6/10's-12's and was in bed by the time most of these charges were made. she just rolled her eyes and basically told me tuff shit.

after that, i got up from the table and headed for the door while she was asking me if i was ready to make a payment. i stoped in my tracks and told her that their pile of shit bank that was run by scam artist wouldnt see a red damned cent from me and till this day (4 years later) they are still sending me settlement papers and crap. wont take it. called one time and told then that if they wanted a settlement, to go find "HIM" and leave my ass alone cause i want gonna repay something i didnt do.

also,the police wouldnt let me file a report against him, saying that it was "hear-say". even though he admitted to it.
    Last edited by chevy355s10; 02-17-2011 at 06:21 PM.

Thread Information