Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ender- View Post
    Great looking dogs OP.

And it's spelled Breed, not bread.
    When your trying to cut, it's spelt hate the bread!

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I agree that a lot of smaller dogs are just as bad.My min pin weights 6lbs.But he thinks he is a Pit Bull.Runs from nothing.I know if someone is in my yard day or nite.But I spent a lot of time with him.Heonly gets upset when somepne kiss my wife.Figure that one out.But he's a clown.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Its my belief that pits need to be taken in from pups so they really get to know their owners. We took our pit in as a pup and have no issues with it ever turn on us. The only thing i noticed is my pit is VERY protective. Its so much so that when the mail man comes to the door the dog wants to rip the door down to get at him. I don't understand why he is so over protective but he is. When i walk him people look at him and say "how cute, can i pet him?" I also say no which they look at me weird. Being a pit owner i know the damage this breed can do and i never chance it.

army_cobra is offline Associate Member
    Okay fixed my spelling HAHA

All breeds are aggressive in my opinion. Like i have said and others have said it is all on how they are raised. YES if you come to my house and knock on the door my dogs will be at the door barking but they will not do anything but act tough. Pits are not for dumb people to own. I understand most people buy them to use them as guard dogs but look at those kinda of people. Not trying to be mean but really. That is why they have such a bad rep with EVERYONE.

I have owned labs, blue heeler, min-pin, and a mastiff. The blue heeler was the meanst out of all of them. He had to be put down because he was to mean. The min-pin was just annoying lol. Now for the lab and mastiff i loved them dogs never had any problem but i love my pits. I have owned them since they were pups and wouldnt get rid of them for anything.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drdeath613 View Post
    morty i really think you should edit that picture bro nice dog but i can see your old ladys furless pet
    damn, i went to bed too early again!!!! lol

Blog Entries
    the way i look at it is, why have something that has the capability and power to seriousily damage anyone? true any dog can be vicious but what would you have more chance against?
    im biased anyhow, i like elegant looking dogs rather than the 'i'll bite your fookin head off' look

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    the way i look at it is, why have something that has the capability and power to seriousily damage anyone? All bigger breeds can do some serious damagetrue any dog can be vicious but what would you have more chance against?A dog no bigger then a cat that i will NEVER own
    im biased anyhow, i like elegant looking dogs rather than the 'i'll bite your fookin head off' look
    I dont think pits look mean at all. Like I have been saying its just the way people look at them.

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    lol does my baby look mean hell no

she full blooded father was a solid white red nose her mom was a brindle in the pictures she looks black n white but when you looked at her up close she was 4 different colors

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I disagree with the dog ordinances that many areas have. But, despite all the love I have for my dog, I know she needs to be watched. I would never let her run around in the open off leash. We started taking her to the dog park for more socialization, but kept her on leash for a while just to make sure she was good with other dogs. But, we always stay close. Especially when there is a toy involved, as she can be possessive.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    damn, i went to bed too early again!!!! lol
    thats what i was thinking.. haha

Tank is fine if it is jut him and another dog around. Now if i have June and Tank together its a different story. He makes sure other dogs know that June is his girl and i wouldnt expect it any other way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by army_cobra View Post
    I dont think pits look mean at all. Like I have been saying its just the way people look at them.
    90% of dogs dont have the power and jaw/bite capabilities and the sheer determination of a pit

Oh i know and that is why people use them as fighting dogs and mean ass gaurd dogs. Those type of people should not own pits. This is why they have a bad rep. When i sale my pups i just dont sale them to anyone. I dont care if they have cash in my face, if i dont think they will be good owners for my pits i will not sell them a dog. Yes this does piss alot of people off but i get pissed off seeing pits chained to a tree with a damn log chain.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by layeazy View Post
    yeah mate im a hater they all should be shot....

They are attack dogs they are dangerous
    There are no bad dogs, just bad owners. Yeah, Pits have the propensity to be aggresive but then so do Rotties, Dobermans and Alsations. To be fair, you could train a lab or poodle to attack people if you were that way inclined.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Like I said before, you gotta know the breed. Most of the dogs that get a bad rap who were initially bred for fighting are usually the most aggressive against OTHER DOGS. Hunting dogs and herding dogs are usually the most aggressive. I've owned pits, boxers, and even had a 236 Hybrid. But by far the meanest dog I ever had was my English Springer Spaniel. But these are hunting dogs, they are bred to kill. Sure they are cute and elegant, but in their natural element, they are great hunters and need to be trained properly...especially around children.

there wild animals no mater how much people want them as pets no animal was ment to be domesticated

thats like trying to go out and get a pure breed wolf and making it your lap dog or a tiger and saying look at my kitty
    theres always a risk with any animal

all you can do is train it the best you can and hope it can keep its wild side inside

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Its not just pits that have turned on there owners or other people most breeds at some time have turned,When you read about a family dog that flips its had a good life and for no reason it attacks,The new thing on the streets here is,the tattoo fvck whits walk the streets with there dogs and set them on people they fight with and the breed well it ranges from pits to the biggest mother they can get and the cops cant do sh1t

like iv said on a few websites

first all the rage was german shepherds they were the killer dog
    then came dobermans
    next came chows
    then rots
    then pits

the media i think goes down the line till they reach a breed that hits high ratings when the proof is in the statistics over the last 20 years pits have the lowest attack number of all the breeds here in my list

but they dont want you to know that along with the fact you dont see very often other breeds on the news doing the same things cause they dont get the same ratings as tonight on the 10 oclock news pitbull attacks

Blog Entries
    Oh i know and that is why people use them as fighting dogs and mean ass gaurd dogs. Those type of people should not own pits. This is why they have a bad rep. When i sale my pups i just dont sale them to anyone. I dont care if they have cash in my face, if i dont think they will be good owners for my pits i will not sell them a dog. Yes this does piss alot of people off but i get pissed off seeing pits chained to a tree with a damn log chain.
    good to know you are responsible mate

layeazy is offline Banned
    Just an idea they carry alot of muscle mass so they would be decent meat wouldn't they..

Why not just breed them to eat them i think pit ball would be decent on barbecue...

I imagine it would taste like Kangaroo which is great very tough meat...

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    Like I said before, you gotta know the breed. Most of the dogs that get a bad rap who were initially bred for fighting are usually the most aggressive against OTHER DOGS. Hunting dogs and herding dogs are usually the most aggressive. I've owned pits, boxers, and even had a 236 Hybrid. But by far the meanest dog I ever had was my English Springer Spaniel. But these are hunting dogs, they are bred to kill. Sure they are cute and elegant, but in their natural element, they are great hunters and need to be trained properly...especially around children.
    Your right my gshp requires a very firm hand but he is wonderful around children but I grew up with hunting breeds.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    could you say for absolute sure they wouldnt attack another dog?
    I tell you what..... I would let a 4yr old walk my fathers pitbull through a dog park.....

My fathers dog looks mean but he's the biggest mush of an animal. He wouldn't hurt a soul and as a matter of fact..... he lives with a 10lb yorkie and a 5lb yorkie and lets them eat from his dish while he's eating. I'll post pics tomorrow when I have time.....

The ignorance in this thread has floored me..... sorry to those who genuinely feel they are dangerous..... it's just not true if their owners are responsible.

Lastly...... Give any asshole a big dog..... ANY DOG..... not just a pitbull. That dog will be every bit as bad and dangerous. Even little chihuaha's are nasty as fvck...... if those dogs were 50+ pounds THEY would be the target dog..... not pitbulls.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by layeazy View Post
    Just an idea they carry alot of muscle mass so they would be decent meat wouldn't they..

Why not just breed them to eat them i think pit ball would be decent on barbecue...

I imagine it would taste like Kangaroo which is great very tough meat...
    I'm going to say two things to that comment.....

the 1st part of it is gross..... The second part (kangaroo being good meat) is absolutely true

~Haz~

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

Quote Originally Posted by drdeath613 View Post
    like iv said on a few websites

first all the rage was german shepherds they were the killer dog
    then came dobermans
    next came chows
    then rots
    then pits

the media i think goes down the line till they reach a breed that hits high ratings when the proof is in the statistics over the last 20 years pits have the lowest attack number of all the breeds here in my list

but they dont want you to know that along with the fact you dont see very often other breeds on the news doing the same things cause they dont get the same ratings as tonight on the 10 oclock news pitbull attacks
    Holy shit..... there's a post in this thread that actually holds merit......

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

90% of dogs dont have the power and jaw/bite capabilities and the sheer determination of a pit
    rotties and sheperds have strong bites than a pit and other dogs have lock jaws..... pits don't.....

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Okay fixed my spelling HAHA

All breeds are aggressive in my opinion. Like i have said and others have said it is all on how they are raised. YES if you come to my house and knock on the door my dogs will be at the door barking but they will not do anything but act tough. Pits are not for dumb people to own. I understand most people buy them to use them as guard dogs but look at those kinda of people. Not trying to be mean but really. That is why they have such a bad rep with EVERYONE.

I have owned labs, blue heeler, min-pin, and a mastiff. The blue heeler was the meanst out of all of them. He had to be put down because he was to mean. The min-pin was just annoying lol. Now for the lab and mastiff i loved them dogs never had any problem but i love my pits. I have owned them since they were pups and wouldnt get rid of them for anything.
    If your after a guard dog, you'd have trouble finding a better one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    rotties and sheperds have strong bites than a pit and other dogs have lock jaws..... pits don't.....

~Haz~
    i rem one twat from where im originally from (semi rural N. Irish village) boasting about his american pit regularily trouncing rotties in a dog fight ring he was part of. also rem him talking about some fvcking thing called a hell hound, i think its a pit / rottie cross?

Just took a crap load of pics of the pups i will have them up tomorrow. Im also going to take some pics of them outside here soon once it warms up. They are so cute and playfull, just hate to get rid of them.

dec11 from everything you have said on here it seems like you only know people that fight them and raise them like shit. Come to my house and i bet you that you will fall in love with these dogs. I will have my buddy bring is new born and my dogs will just lay around him with no problems. This go to anyone that thinks pits are bad dogs.

Like i said before i had a blue heeler and it was the meanest fing dog i ever had. Oh and they are cattle dogs so that is why.

layeazy for the commit that you said i think i will just keep my mouth shut for what i want to say.

Blog Entries
    Just took a crap load of pics of the pups i will have them up tomorrow. Im also going to take some pics of them outside here soon once it warms up. They are so cute and playfull, just hate to get rid of them.

dec11 from everything you have said on here it seems like you only know people that fight them and raise them like shit. Come to my house and i bet you that you will fall in love with these dogs. I will have my buddy bring is new born and my dogs will just lay around him with no problems. This go to anyone that thinks pits are bad dogs.

Like i said before i had a blue heeler and it was the meanest fing dog i ever had. Oh and they are cattle dogs so that is why.

layeazy for the commit that you said i think i will just keep my mouth shut for what i want to say.
    yeah, i just never see anyone of any credibility with one mate. here its a dog very much for the lowlifes in craphole housing estates, who keep them as a power status. without trying to sound snobby, you wouldnt see many if any middle-upperclass homes with one.

on a plus note, the IRA put an end to the dog fighting in the end

Yup they look like killers to me HAHAHA

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    i think mike vic had the best pits...

no but in all seriousness i wouldnt trust any dog that isnt mine or i dont know. my dog is the a black lab 100lbs he is the nicest dog ever only wants to play. new neighbor moved in and has a lab too my dog went up to it and wanted to play when i walked over to get my dog it grawled at me and my dog instant grabbed it by its neck. dog are dogs just how it works

SergeantCarbs is offline Associate Member
    Drive on up to Philly and I'll take one

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SergeantCarbs View Post
    Drive on up to Philly and I'll take one
    ill take one to but to help save him gas you can wait at my place. My religious beliefs ban wearing clothing in my house. Come on in !

layeazy is offline Banned
    It wasn't a malicious comment it was the fact they are still obviously popular so what not just farm them for food?

Cheap easily done keeps the bread alive for the guys that appreciate dogs that kill...

I mean people in Australia thought eating kangaroo was strange and still do yet its very popular because of price and value..

I really think that it would catch on

SergeantCarbs is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    ill take one to but to help save him gas you can wait at my place. My religious beliefs ban wearing clothing in my house. Come on in !
    No puppy for you...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information