Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!

Gentlemen... Take that laptop OFF your lap

Hum Reprod. 2005 Feb;20(2):452-5. Epub 2004 Dec 9.

Increase in scrotal temperature in laptop computer users.

Sheynkin Y, Jung M, Yoo P, Schulsinger D, Komaroff E.

Department of Urology and General Clinical Research Center, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook NY 11794-8093, USA. [email protected]
    Comment in:

J Urol. 2005 Aug;174(2):661.

Abstract

BACKGROUND: Scrotal hyperthermia has been identified as a risk factor for male infertility. Laptop computers (LC) have become part of a contemporary lifestyle and have gained popularity among the younger population of reproductive age. LC are known to reach high internal operating temperatures. We evaluated the thermal effect of LC on the scrotum.

METHODS: Right and left scrotal temperature (ScT) was measured in 29 healthy volunteers in two separate 60 min sessions. ScT was recorded from thermocouples on a digital datalogger every 3 min with the working LC in a laptop position and in the same sitting position with approximated thighs without LC.

RESULTS: ScT increased significantly on the right and left side in the group with working LC (2.8 degrees C and 2.6 degrees C, respectively; P<0001) and without LC (2.1 degrees C, P<0.0001). However, ScT elevation with working LC was significantly higher (P<0.0001).

CONCLUSIONS: Working LC in a laptop position causes significant ScT elevation as a result of heat exposure and posture-related effects. Long-term exposure to LC-related repetitive transient scrotal hyperthermia is a modern lifestyle feature that may have a negative impact upon spermatogenesis, specifically in teenage boys and young men. Further studies of such thermal effects on male reproductive health are warranted.

PMID: 15591087 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]Free Article

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15591087

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    I got a laptop try for Xmas, its basically a cushion which is sewn to a wooden tray, stops my tatties from heating up...
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I have a vasectomy. So wonder if this would just make my loads smaller.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    ah fvck it, my balls are bollixed anyway lol

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If this fries your balls then mine are done for. I guess I dont have to spend anymore on condoms.

Thread Information